Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #8,206 of 9,829
Hello I have been listening to the andromeda gold with my Sony 1Z for few hours and after having the Solaris I fell that the the bass is extremely layered and have punch but don't have that deep subwoofer like bass that Solaris has, am I wrong or is lack of burning?

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #8,207 of 9,829
Hello I have been listening to the andromeda gold with my Sony 1Z for few hours and after having the Solaris I fell that the the bass is extremely layered and have punch but don't have that deep subwoofer like bass that Solaris has, am I wrong or is lack of burning?
what you mean is subbass ? DD ( solaris ) rumbles more ( pushes more air ) than BA drivers ( Andro )

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #8,210 of 9,829
OK, so I’m after some advice. I currently have an OG Andromeda running single ended from my SR15 and Apple Dongle from my iPhone 11 Pro. Very happy with the Green Andro’s but just wish there was a little more Bass kick! Are the SE Golds going to be the answer or the Solaris? Really like the sound of the OG Andro’s apart from the slight lack of low end oooommmph! I can still buy a pair of SE Golds at local distributor here in UK, just cannot decide. Any advice appreciated.

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #8,211 of 9,829
OK, so I’m after some advice. I currently have an OG Andromeda running single ended from my SR15 and Apple Dongle from my iPhone 11 Pro. Very happy with the Green Andro’s but just wish there was a little more Bass kick! Are the SE Golds going to be the answer or the Solaris? Really like the sound of the OG Andro’s apart from the slight lack of low end oooommmph! I can still buy a pair of SE Golds at local distributor here in UK, just cannot decide. Any advice appreciated.
overall , AG has more bass than Solaris. you get more midbass punch/slam with AG , but if you prefer subbass ( rumble ) solaris is the better option.

Oct 6, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #8,212 of 9,829
Why so few reviews of the Golds? The only ones I know of are MajorHiFi, Crinnacle and Zeos. The Headfi video is more of a preview. I’m just curious what other people have to say. Is it because the are a limited edition and it’s harder to get a set into a reviewer’s hands?

The more I listen to them the more I’m amazed, but I’ve never heard the OG Andros. These end my search for IEMs. Maybe next year I’ll look into something in the LCD line for over ears and be done with it all. I’ll admit they are way more than I ever wanted or planned to spend on IEMs. They were an impulse purchase, but they sound so damn good there is no way I would have returned them.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #8,213 of 9,829
Why so few reviews of the Golds? The only ones I know of are MajorHiFi, Crinnacle and Zeos. The Headfi video is more of a preview. I’m just curious what other people have to say. Is it because the are a limited edition and it’s harder to get a set into a reviewer’s hands?

The more I listen to them the more I’m amazed, but I’ve never heard the OG Andros. These end my search for IEMs. Maybe next year I’ll look into something in the LCD line for over ears and be done with it all. I’ll admit they are way more than I ever wanted or planned to spend on IEMs. They were an impulse purchase, but they sound so damn good there is no way I would have returned them.

I'm in the same boat as you when it came to purchasing my Gold Andro - my 64 Audio U6 cracked around the Apex module basically ending their use (or at least I thought). Campfire released the Gold's right around the time I was started to look for replacement IEM, so I took the plunge and ordered a pair (I got sub 100's) based on the positive feed back from the community on the OG's. It was more then I wanted to spend, but because of Campfire's generous return policy, I figured I had nothing to lose.

Well as it turns out, I could get my U6's repaired for about $100. But after listened to the Golds for a couple weeks, I decided to keep them. I find their sound signature spot on for my taste - clarity from the highs, present mids, and kick from the lows just brings out the best from all my various genres. I feel pretty lucky to own one of the thousand!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #8,214 of 9,829
What cable are you using? I found that best match on the WM-1Z was the SXC-8 balanced. It brought out a lot more of the bass. Using the same cable with the Solaris on the 1Z the Solaris will give you the bass slam.

I like the Solaris for bass or drum heavy music (metal/rock) and the Andromeda Gold for vocals, piano and orchestra (Jazz/Classical and female singers).

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #8,216 of 9,829
What cable are you using? I found that best match on the WM-1Z was the SXC-8 balanced. It brought out a lot more of the bass. Using the same cable with the Solaris on the 1Z the Solaris will give you the bass slam.

I like the Solaris for bass or drum heavy music (metal/rock) and the Andromeda Gold for vocals, piano and orchestra (Jazz/Classical and female singers).
thats interesting , for me its the opposite, i liked Solaris for vocals and to my ears AG its much much better for metal, guitars sounds amazing with AG , to thin with solaris in compare

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #8,217 of 9,829

The limited editions (Andros) don't usually get sent out out to reviewers. So thats one thing.
Plus they are usually sold out in a week or two - being limited editions.

So a bit of one,..two hit there.

So any review or feature will be a labor of love as these LE do not require the same treatment (review/promotion etc) as the standard models as it is a short term availability rather than a long term product (eg: OG Andromeda) is my guess.

Those that wanted em,
Already have em.

Theres some great impressions in this thread from owners already.
Trouble is they are scattered through this green OG Andro thread.

Reminds me of earlier Head fi, owners and samplers impressions and ‘reviews’ were buried in threads and the OPs job was to stay alert and add the post links to the front page (before Head-fi had a review section).

If someone has the energy they could create a Andro Gold thread - and dig up all the posts.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #8,218 of 9,829

I have the same setup! SR15 + Andro OG.

I think Solaris and AG both have great bass compared to OG in their own ways. Solaris has a DD bass so there will be more texture and rumble for sure. However, AG bass is very detailed and extends deep (in quality, not quantity when it comes to sub-bass). Also their sound signatures are quite different as I find the Solaris more balanced whereas the Andro Gold is more V-shaped.

Andro Gold are indeed very special. I didn’t realize it at first during my first run through of my test playlist and I increasingly enjoy them more and more as I listen to them. They have a pretty big soundstage with very clear and emotional vocals and enough bass slam + the OG’s sparkle somewhat (hidden a little by the bass). Combined with the long stem for isolation and incredibly comfortable fit, these are keepers. Veryyyy happy I gave them a chance.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #8,220 of 9,829
They will release it again.

My guess would be that the driver config returns at some point but potentially with a non limited edition shell/package.

I also really enjoy them. Coming from the atlas I found bass lacking at first but continually keep reaching for them and find myself just really getting lost in my music, even without the same subbass rumble I'm used to. Really really enjoying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back