Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #7,411 of 9,829
I let my sister and a couple friends demo my Andromeda, Moondrop A8, EX1000 and Orion.

They all said they liked the Andromedas the most. Feedback was “life-like, amazing detail, wide soundstage.”

The Andromeda must have a really easy to like tuning. I think they’re good but I don’t particularly prefer them over my other things. (But the casuals I let demo’d loved it :) Wasn’t even a contest.

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #7,412 of 9,829
I let my sister and a couple friends demo my Andromeda, Moondrop A8, EX1000 and Orion.

They all said they liked the Andromedas the most. Feedback was “life-like, amazing detail, wide soundstage.”

The Andromeda must have a really easy to like tuning. I think they’re good but I don’t particularly prefer them over my other things. (But the casuals I let demo’d loved it :) Wasn’t even a contest.

The sound sig of the andros is hard to describe, it somehow captured a sound that is warm, detailed, intimate and airy all at the same time, beautifully. I think that's the reason why it is so universally loved, it delivers everything you want!

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #7,413 of 9,829
The sound sig of the andros is hard to describe, it somehow captured a sound that is warm, detailed, intimate and airy all at the same time, beautifully. I think that's the reason why it is so universally loved, it delivers everything you want!

The issue is we all compare and “measurebate” hardware.

IF you have no benchmark to compare you will be very likely happy with any capable IEM.

Even swapping a DAP makes a big difference! Using the kann cube with balanced cable with andros makes my A&K Norma sr15 sound thin. I am considering on buying the cube simply to keep me happy with my andros. Selling gear is such a dreadful experience taking a big loss.

Jul 28, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #7,414 of 9,829

Ya it’s pretty hard to deliver a wide soundstage while keeping mids meaty.

On another note, the Shangling M0 basically has no hiss with the Andromedas and is not a bad combo for BT.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #7,416 of 9,829
To me it’s the holographic mids and Z-axis imaging that blew me away.

As soon as I finish moving this fall, I’m saving up for the Andro’s. Can’t get the sound sig out of my head (listened once for about two minutes!).

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #7,417 of 9,829
OI of device only. for my sound preferences, I prefer an impedance of 1 - 2 ohm, but some go to even 2.5 ohms or some prefer <1 ohm. You just have to plug in your Andromeda to any DAP with various OI or use IE Match and see which sound you prefer

Thank you very much! So it would seem that the M11 falls pretty nicely into the desired range at <1 - <2 ohms.

I've definitely enjoyed the sound of the Andromeda at <1 ohm. It's bass heavy but manages to stay fairly tight and controlled.

Excited to mess around with the balanced outputs next.

Regarding the IEMatch, would it offer any benefit if I'm already happy with the sound signature I'm getting? A blacker background perhaps? But will I be sacrificing anything in the process?

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #7,418 of 9,829
Thank you very much! So it would seem that the M11 falls pretty nicely into the desired range at <1 - <2 ohms.

I've definitely enjoyed the sound of the Andromeda at <1 ohm. It's bass heavy but manages to stay fairly tight and controlled.

Excited to mess around with the balanced outputs next.

Regarding the IEMatch, would it offer any benefit if I'm already happy with the sound signature I'm getting? A blacker background perhaps? But will I be sacrificing anything in the process?

I find it really kills the dynamics. I have both the 2.5 and 3.5mm IEMatch and I don’t use either. I’d rather just pick a silent source.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #7,420 of 9,829
Guys, can i have some opinions. Of course, eye (ear?) of the beholder and tastes etc. But for Electronic music (slowish, 128bpm mostly, very melodic, non chart/commercial) and techno, would the Andro S or Andro 2019s be better for me?

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #7,421 of 9,829

Andromeda was what got me into IEMs - and now look at me :rolling_eyes:

I don’t think it’s the best IEM out there, but it’s fairly unique, not outrageously expensive (for a flagship IEM), and IMO pretty easy to like in general.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #7,422 of 9,829
Andromeda was what got me into IEMs - and now look at me :rolling_eyes:

I don’t think it’s the best IEM out there, but it’s fairly unique, not outrageously expensive (for a flagship IEM), and IMO pretty easy to like in general.

They do sound pretty darn good, (I've only heard a few good iem's in this price range). Can't imagine how the best would sound.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #7,425 of 9,829
After a week and plus with my isine20. I got it with cipher cable and i did a slight eq too. (125hz -1, 250hz -2, 500hz -1, 4khz 8khz 16khz +1hz. Honestly, to my ears, it is really superior than i heard from andros. I love how open and details this sounds! the vocal and instrument separation is more significant after the slight eq i made. So, whoever that didnt like andros sounds because it sound a lil bit closed, i suggest you to get an isine20 with cipher, do that eq. This is my end game for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back