Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #5,806 of 9,829
Pic? Did they come packaged in separate mini socks?

Yup, sorry couldn't figure out how to embed the pics here.
O3rWO1u.jpg

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #5,807 of 9,829
Arn't some people adverse to the rectangular edges against their ears? I would think there should be a rounded house casing version for those having comfort issues. Although I don't have problems, I did recently noticed slightly, and can understand some people's ear-shape doesn't bide well with the edges of the housing. What are we getting here? Bling? It will go well with my silver chain. Ali-G in da hawwwussse.

What is this "special" tuning? What warrants the word "special?" There's a lot of things in this world can be considered "special."

19-classday1-450-2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #5,808 of 9,829
Anxiously waiting for more impressions on andro S...

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #5,809 of 9,829
Arn't some people adverse to the rectangular edges against their ears? I would think there should be a rounded house casing version for those having comfort issues. Although I don't have problems, I did recently noticed slightly, and can understand some people's ear-shape doesn't bide well with the edges of the housing. What are we getting here? Bling? It will go well with my silver chain. Ali-G in da hawwwussse.

What is this "special" tuning? What warrants the word "special?" There's a lot of things in this world can be considered "special."

I cannot get a good fit with Andromeda, tried twice and sold both. Loved the sound and really wanted to keep them but could not get close to a flush fit after many different tip attempts.

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #5,810 of 9,829
O3rWO1u.jpg
I would email campfire i think it is support@campfireaudio.com and show them the pictures. I would want a new set as well.. even though this stuff will probably happen ESPECIALLY with this chrome color I would want my new pair flawless.. even if it was a $300 iem i would still send it back.

I would rest assured youll be taken care of and enjoy listening to them in the meantime while you wait for a response

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #5,811 of 9,829
I cannot get a good fit with Andromeda, tried twice and sold both. Loved the sound and really wanted to keep them but could not get close to a flush fit after many different tip attempts.
Have you tried Final E tips? Or Spiral dots? those are the ones that worked for me. They dont fit flush with my ear like a shure or westone might as in laying down on a pillow but they were a much easier fit than my Lyra II

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #5,812 of 9,829
Can scratches on the face be buffed or polished gently? I never tried on my Andro S, but I remember there were tutorials for removing scratches on the stainless steel Apple Watch. I wonder if that’d be possible without damaging the IEM.

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #5,813 of 9,829
You don’t know how lucky you are, knowing your delivery guy lol
I’m in London, you never know who or even what will be delivering for you. Some of the cars that pull up and then you see what gets out of the car(yes,car not van and some em you would struggle to get 4 people in) then walks up to your door lol
My order will be delivered today :smile_phones: but in Nashville :triportsad: as my son is going over to visit friends next month, he can pick em up and save me about £250.00 duty fees !!!
So, looking forward to your impressions and pics.
Hope enjoy em when you get home, pretty sure you will :L3000:
They arrived at noon today. My FedEx guy knocked on the door just after I finished working with my client. Perfect timing! I gave him his big box of chocolates and then was frantic... wanting to listen, but having to run across town for other work.

At first, I was a bit bummed out. They didn't sound like the Andromeda I had listened to back in January. I mean, they sounded nice, but just weren't WOWing me. Played them for a friend, real quick and he loved them. As I was driving from point A to point B, I realized I had set the EQ on my LG G7 to have a small dip in the treble. I thought it wise to reset that and see what I was really working with. As I pulled down my settings, I realized... THE QUAD DAC WAS OFF. So, I turned it on and the sound just exploded. Soooooooo much better. Laughed pretty hard at myself for that.

Been listening, somewhat schizophrenically, throughout the day. I can't make up my mind on what I really want to explore. My main taste in music is "densely layered and richly textured". Feeling the textures at the high end has been amazing. Stand out was the album Painted Ruins [24-44.1]. Also, Twist, by Goldfrapp has some serious textures up top that the Vega can only allude to, but not really demonstrate. The Andro-S is bassier than I remember the Andro being, and the treble really does sparkle just a touch less. I'm not sure how I feel about that, really. Am going to sit with these for a good long while and maybe try the Andro again, if someone nearby wants to swap listens.

Overall, I'm extremely thrilled to get to explore my favorite music all over again. I've heard so many new sounds already. In Human, by Goldfrapp, there's a sound that sounds like a needle scratching over vinyl (give or take). On the Andro-S, it's a completely different sound. So much more detail and space between the peaks. It kinda floored me, just how different some sounds can be. This is going to be really fun.

Oh, I also really enjoyed Olafur Arnald's new album, re:member.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #5,814 of 9,829
I would email campfire i think it is support@campfireaudio.com and show them the pictures. I would want a new set as well.. even though this stuff will probably happen ESPECIALLY with this chrome color I would want my new pair flawless.. even if it was a $300 iem i would still send it back.

I would rest assured youll be taken care of and enjoy listening to them in the meantime while you wait for a response

Okay, thanks! I'll reach out...I feel bad about using them though so I'll just wait...:sweat:

Sep 21, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #5,815 of 9,829
Thanks, I think my first Andro pairing was with a AK240 which outputs 2 ohm. So >1 is more bass and <3 is more treble?

Based on what I read here and what I also heard with my own ears, the lower the OI, the stronger the bass and the weaker the treble. To my ears, the Andromeda sounds best ~1 Ohm.

O3rWO1u.jpg

Hopefully CA can do something to correct this. Not exactly sure what the definition of b-stock is, but maybe this qualifies.

Can scratches on the face be buffed or polished gently? I never tried on my Andro S, but I remember there were tutorials for removing scratches on the stainless steel Apple Watch. I wonder if that’d be possible without damaging the IEM.

For polished metal surfaces (especially steel and some precious metals) there is a great solution I got from the watch forums: Cape Cod polishing cloths. They work great. I used them on my watches and some jewelry. The only problem is that the cloths are wet with some kind of honing oil, so extreme care should be taken when used on anything that is not water tight. I don't know what the effect would be if oil made it into the housing, but oil does have a way of entering every crevasse it finds and then never leaving. And if you look at how the CA IEMs are built, the junction between the outer plate and the rest of the housing doesn't seem to be joined with particularly tight tolerance. Ken probably can comment on this better though.

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #5,816 of 9,829
They arrived at noon today. My FedEx guy knocked on the door just after I finished working with my client. Perfect timing! I gave him his big box of chocolates and then was frantic... wanting to listen, but having to run across town for other work.

At first, I was a bit bummed out. They didn't sound like the Andromeda I had listened to back in January. I mean, they sounded nice, but just weren't WOWing me. Played them for a friend, real quick and he loved them. As I was driving from point A to point B, I realized I had set the EQ on my LG G7 to have a small dip in the treble. I thought it wise to reset that and see what I was really working with. As I pulled down my settings, I realized... THE QUAD DAC WAS OFF. So, I turned it on and the sound just exploded. Soooooooo much better. Laughed pretty hard at myself for that.

Been listening, somewhat schizophrenically, throughout the day. I can't make up my mind on what I really want to explore. My main taste in music is "densely layered and richly textured". Feeling the textures at the high end has been amazing. Stand out was the album Painted Ruins [24-44.1]. Also, Twist, by Goldfrapp has some serious textures up top that the Vega can only allude to, but not really demonstrate. The Andro-S is bassier than I remember the Andro being, and the treble really does sparkle just a touch less. I'm not sure how I feel about that, really. Am going to sit with these for a good long while and maybe try the Andro again, if someone nearby wants to swap listens.

Overall, I'm extremely thrilled to get to explore my favorite music all over again. I've heard so many new sounds already. In Human, by Goldfrapp, there's a sound that sounds like a needle scratching over vinyl (give or take). On the Andro-S, it's a completely different sound. So much more detail and space between the peaks. It kinda floored me, just how different some sounds can be. This is going to be really fun.

Oh, I also really enjoyed Olafur Arnald's new album, re:member.

Great stuff, HOS! If you get a chance to compare head-to-head with the green Andromeda, it would be really helpful for me, as I'm waiting to decide on whether to replace the green with the steel. Enjoy your weekend! :wink:

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #5,818 of 9,829
I got my Stainless Andromedas delivered by Fedex last night, I was very happy not to receive a crushed shipping box .
Carefully opened the box up and 2 perfect Campfire Audio packages were nestled inside .
I had seen Achieve's post with the big scratch on his brand new pair of stainless andromedas and was getting a little anxious
about what condition mine would be in . Im happy to report that mine arrived shinny and beautful and no scratches .
My initial impressions were, are these jewelry , a piece of art work, and these can't be real IEM's. If you think the photographs
look good, wait until you see them in person !
The tips that came with them fit perfectly in my large ears, fit and seal right out of the box, lucky me !

My 2 players are Opus 1 and 2 . I listen to a wide variety of music and my files are Flac or higher bit Mp3's .
I did order the reference 8 balanced cable but wanted to get my first impressions with the supplied headphone cable first .
First 2 hours were spent with the Opus 1 player unbalenced mode .
First thought while listening WOW, these are special . The Opus 1 never sounded so good, thought I had a new player .
Every song I played sounded different than what I remembered . There was just more detail , layering of the instruments ,
almost like everything I heard was remastered to perfection .
This is just an initial impression ,and boy am I impressed .
Stay tuned for more .

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #5,819 of 9,829
Those B stock & Preowned IEM we see in CA website, Preowned is outer shell looks not good but used? Or they actually are 2nd band IEM?
My b stock ones should never of been worn by anyone else but maybe have a slight cosmetic flaw(on mine I can’t find anything) but the ones on their now if it says pre owned then someone probably used them for a short time or arranged some type of switch to put money towards cascades or atlas or something

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #5,820 of 9,829
I got a pair this week myself. Very impressive! I really enjoy the tuning, which really highlights a singer. Separation is great, and images are very "out of the head", all of which I like. Sometimes I buy headphones and think, well, I can always return them if I don't like them. These are keepers!
Just now listening to them out of Dragonfly Red from I-phone10, streaming Tidal. Sounds great!
I will say, I really thought they would cause me to sell my 846's, or KSE1200's, but I really can't see doing that. They are all different sounds, and different experiences... All very good IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back