Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #5,791 of 9,829
Your dedication to your craft and your clientele is the perfect icing on the cake.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. My friend ordered them for me, but will be leaving town tomorrow. Lucking, we both know our FedEx driver, and the driver has known us for years, so he's going to just drop it off at my place. Woohoo!!!
You don’t know how lucky you are, knowing your delivery guy lol
I’m in London, you never know who or even what will be delivering for you. Some of the cars that pull up and then you see what gets out of the car(yes,car not van and some em you would struggle to get 4 people in) then walks up to your door lol
My order will be delivered today :smile_phones: but in Nashville :triportsad: as my son is going over to visit friends next month, he can pick em up and save me about £250.00 duty fees !!!
So, looking forward to your impressions and pics.
Hope enjoy em when you get home, pretty sure you will :L3000:

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #5,792 of 9,829
You don’t know how lucky you are, knowing your delivery guy lol
I’m in London, you never know who or even what will be delivering for you. Some of the cars that pull up and then you see what gets out of the car(yes,car not van and some em you would struggle to get 4 people in) then walks up to your door lol
My order will be delivered today :smile_phones: but in Nashville :triportsad: as my son is going over to visit friends next month, he can pick em up and save me about £250.00 duty fees !!!
So, looking forward to your impressions and pics.
Hope enjoy em when you get home, pretty sure you will :L3000:
It really is great. I live only 3 miles outside downtown Seattle. Since I've been here a decade, and have done all of my business here, I got to see the drivers well enough that we always say hi and wave. Asking this driver to break the rules to do me a favor was a very safe bet. Also, he's retiring in a few weeks, and I'm giving him a box of chocolates that I made at my work. Bribes!!!

I'm not sure how unbiased my thoughts will be. Right now, I'm listening to an album I love, but haven't listened to in a while. A few weeks ago, I upgraded from my Sony NWZ-A17 to the LG G7 ThinQ. That smartphone is a noticeable increase in detail and clarity. I wanted to double check a few reference points to find that they were already improved from what I'd been used to. Regardless, I'll say what i can and see if I can get a few good images.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #5,793 of 9,829
Just gave a brief listen to the new Andro S with my WM1z, balanced. The last time I tried the Andro was nearly 2 years ago and totally different source/amp so this is in no way a direct comparison. I am hearing more mid bass bloom and less treble than what I remember. I don't believe this is the Andro S tuning but rather an output impedance mismatch. Anyone have a similar experience or know what the ideal amp output impedance range should be?

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #5,794 of 9,829
Just gave a brief listen to the new Andro S with my WM1z, balanced. The last time I tried the Andro was nearly 2 years ago and totally different source/amp so this is in no way a direct comparison. I am hearing more mid bass bloom and less treble than what I remember. I don't believe this is the Andro S tuning but rather an output impedance mismatch. Anyone have a similar experience or know what the ideal amp output impedance range should be?

Output impedance issue. Ideal is subjective, but definitely >1Ω and 3Ω<

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #5,796 of 9,829
Output impedance issue. Ideal is subjective, but definitely >1Ω and 3Ω<

Thanks, I think my first Andro pairing was with a AK240 which outputs 2 ohm. So >1 is more bass and <3 is more treble? Pretty sure WM1z is >1. It's not too bad, I EQ'd -2.5 at 125 Hz and +2.5 at 8 KHz and it's closer to what I like. Probably will tweak a little more perhaps 250 Hz and 4 Khz.

That's how the 1Z is tuned, too.

That is not my experience so far with WM1z. With my JH Laylas (reference tuned), I get very tight accurate bass and very well extended, airy highs. My WM1z impressions are here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/page-1548#post-14457068

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #5,798 of 9,829
My intent for Andro S was purely for in-flight use because I find them very comfortable in my ears and fit pretty flush so gives me a decent amount of noise isolation. First in-flight test will be Sat. Will be interesting to hear how my impressions change while in-flight.

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #5,799 of 9,829
Just got mime too !

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #5,803 of 9,829
Just got mine today...a little disappointed, came with a pretty long scratch on the left earbud face. I mean its bound to happen eventually but just a sad start. Anyone else get a similar situation?

Pic? Did they come packaged in separate mini socks?

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #5,804 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back