Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #5,746 of 9,829
Is it heavy?

Hi Amature101,
I won't see them until October .
No worries, but from PMs I received, it does seem that some people were concerned that the S was a “downgrade”, when I meant I think it’s a sidegrade :)

Sure thing:

As for condensation, yes, it is noticeable. When not in use, I store my stuff in a Pelican case with foam cutouts and a drying pellet compartment. Previous posters mentioned DryCaddy and that should work well too.

Great pictures of the Stainless Andromeda , bling for ones ears !
Might have to sell some worldly possessions to get the original and and SS, one pair to listen with ,one pair just to to show off :wink:

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #5,747 of 9,829
Hi, All.

I have been eyeing the Andromeda for a while now. I tried it in a store and I loved the sound. The only thing stops me from buying it was the green color.
Now there is this "S" version of it... Won't say it is the prettiest thing ever, but (to me) it surely beats out the green one aesthetically. So I really want to pull the trigger.
But after reading this thread from page 370-ish, I saw people saying the Andromeda S has quite a difference sound signature. Even it seems like it is changing for the good(like adding some density to the mids/vocals). But now I am not sure whether I am gonna like the new sound compare to the original one.

Decisions decisions...
Hi ACGNerd1989,

Did you ever decide which one ?
Im in the same boat !
Backordered the SS but re-thinking about getting an original green .

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #5,748 of 9,829
No worries, but from PMs I received, it does seem that some people were concerned that the S was a “downgrade”, when I meant I think it’s a sidegrade :)

Sure thing:

As for condensation, yes, it is noticeable. When not in use, I store my stuff in a Pelican case with foam cutouts and a drying pellet compartment. Previous posters mentioned DryCaddy and that should work well too.

these pics should be illegal

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #5,749 of 9,829
Hi ACGNerd1989,

Im in the same boat !
Hi ACGNerd1989,

Im in the same boat !

I am really leaning towards the SS version. Judging from a couple other posts I think it is promising: a little bit more upper bass, closer and fuller mids/vocals, and the looks...
I think Ken knows what he is doing. If he think changing the mid driver can make the sound more neutral, then it is likely more neutral. Whether I like the more "neutral sound" is another question tho...
I asked my local store to keep one for me when they have in stock.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #5,750 of 9,829
Here are my worn in Andros for your viewing pleasure.
728C290E-B8E0-4606-AFF5-4DC5E78C9F01.jpeg
E5846E27-17C9-49D4-A626-0635B67B011B.jpeg

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #5,754 of 9,829
Here are my worn in Andros for your viewing pleasure.

It's always great to see properly used gear. Here's what my brand new ones look like (hi-res)

andro_01.JPG
andro_02.JPG
andro_03.JPG
andro_04.JPG
andro_05.JPG
andro_06.JPG
andro_07.JPG
andro_08.JPG
andro_09.JPG

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #5,755 of 9,829
Maybe Black Friday?
I think a b stock andro S will look worse since of the shiney metal material vs the green b stocks which seem to be very close to perfect.

I have searched my pair and for the life of me I cannot see any imperfections that would cause them to be b stock! Which is amazing!
I am sure if I had a brand new A stock and a magnifying device there has to be a slight difference.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #5,756 of 9,829
I just got some medium spiral dots in a week ago off amazon for $15 for 3 pair which are amazingly comfortable and I don’t get the suction cup feeling like I did with the medium final E tips.
The spiral dots are making a complete seal but barely so I guess I will have to try some ML spiral dots but does anyone know where to get them cheaper than $15 shipped(USA) or is that the going rate?

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #5,757 of 9,829
I just got some medium spiral dots in a week ago off amazon for $15 for 3 pair which are amazingly comfortable and I don’t get the suction cup feeling like I did with the medium final E tips.
The spiral dots are making a complete seal but barely so I guess I will have to try some ML spiral dots but does anyone know where to get them cheaper than $15 shipped(USA) or is that the going rate?
I got some a few weeks ago here in the UK on eBay but imported from Japan for just over £9.00 (about $12.00) and that’s the cheapest I’ve seen them. Normally £15-20.00 for three pairs, so your probably not doing too bad at $15.00. I’d buy them at that price as they are the best I’ve tried with the Andro’s :smile_phones:

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #5,759 of 9,829
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 16, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #5,760 of 9,829
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back