Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 5, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #5,716 of 9,829
Same here! To me, Andromeda is one of the most beautiful IEMs ever created! ☺️

I wonder if the people who dislike the color actual own them. I didn't really care for the color until I got them. The pictures sometimes make them look painted green but looking at them in person makes them look emerald plated. Definitely look exclusive.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #5,717 of 9,829
I have the green Andromeda, might be getting the new S version but I still prefer the green colour.
The Andromeda seem to have become a benchmark in iem design and so many other iems are compared or measured against them. They really have become an iconic iem.
I’ve been using mine with Ibasso’s DX200/Amp8 and The SXC-8 cable.....stunning combo :L3000:

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #5,718 of 9,829
I have the green Andromeda, might be getting the new S version but I still prefer the green colour.
The Andromeda seem to have become a benchmark in iem design and so many other iems are compared or measured against them. They really have become an iconic iem.
I’ve been using mine with Ibasso’s DX200/Amp8 and The SXC-8 cable.....stunning combo :L3000:

Completely agree. Love the original green Andromeda. They’re by far the best sounding IEMs in my collection. A total end game set. The stainless ones look cool, but I can’t get down with the idea of a tweaked profile. They sound perfect already in their green incarnation.

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #5,719 of 9,829
I spoke with Ken Ball at this years London CanJam and asked him if he had any plans to upgrade (as if it needs it lol) the Andromeda. He said no, but was releasing the S version with a slightly different tuning, I kind of got the impression they would be a bit special !!
Had a great time at the Campfire tables, really nice people and they make a great team. It’s not hard to see how a team like that can produce such high quality products.

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #5,720 of 9,829
Completely agree. Love the original green Andromeda. They’re by far the best sounding IEMs in my collection. A total end game set. The stainless ones look cool, but I can’t get down with the idea of a tweaked profile. They sound perfect already in their green incarnation.

I think from what I've read / heard, the tuning tweak was necessary to bring the best out of the different housing, presumably due to the different resonance or other sonic properties of the SS shells.

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #5,721 of 9,829
mHjEtoM.jpg

xXx_actual_reaction_XxX

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #5,722 of 9,829
mHjEtoM.jpg

xXx_actual_reaction_XxX

That's why I have the PC Blue Edition too. They sound amazing with this OST CD as well
42710152270_adfd1e1259_k.jpg

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #5,724 of 9,829
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #5,725 of 9,829
Wonder why Andromeda is not provided with protective velvet mini drawstring bags like Comet, Atlas, Lyra II, etc. ?

The machined aluminum line up was made before the Liquid metal alloy frame for Vega where CA provided those bags. They keep the same packaging for the old line up therefore no bags.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #5,726 of 9,829
Just wondering, was it ever confirmed that the Andromeda S will be limited to 2000 units during the limited production run? I'm asking this because this number has been thrown around by some local distributors that I asked.

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #5,728 of 9,829
What's everyone go to portable setup with the andromedas? Thinking of the ifi audio micro idsd when I get a pair.

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #5,730 of 9,829
What's everyone go to portable setup with the andromedas? Thinking of the ifi audio micro idsd when I get a pair.
Ibasso DX200 with the Amp 8 module, the background is silent. Sometimes I can hear hiss, but then when I play a different track with very quiet spells, there is zero hiss.
This combo is staggeringly good imho.
Check out the DX200 thread, there’s plenty on there, it even supports native DSD 512 and I think there is only one other DAP that can do this at the moment.
Absolutely love my Andro’s in this set up :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back