Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 18, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #5,341 of 9,829
Just wondering if there are any CIEMs with the same sound signature as the Andro with a little more forwardly-placed vocals? I have been enjoying the andro but also looking at possible candidates for an upgrade. I sometimes felt that the vocal placement of the andro is a little too neutral (laid-back) for my taste (density of vocals and instruments is very good though) and custom iems are just much better in terms of comfort.
Thanks in advance!

Not sure what your budget is but the A18t sounds like it would fit your needs well.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #5,342 of 9,829
Not sure what your budget is but the A18t sounds like it would fit your needs well.
Thank you! It would be good to stay under $2000 but I definitely appreciate any suggestions in any price range -- better keep my options open!

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #5,343 of 9,829
Thank you! It would be good to stay under $2000 but I definitely appreciate any suggestions in any price range -- better keep my options open!

You can get the U18t for a bit over $2k but not sure if that's something you'd consider since you mentioned customs. The U18t for me was FAR more comfortable than the Andromeda's ever were.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #5,344 of 9,829
You can get the U18t for a bit over $2k but not sure if that's something you'd consider since you mentioned customs. The U18t for me was FAR more comfortable than the Andromeda's ever were.
Yeah one of the problems with the Andro for me is that they kinda hurt my ears after a long listening session. Really like the sound and all but then if they are not very comfortable then I don't really want to wear them that much -- such a bummer for excellent-sounding iems. Anyways, thank you for your response!

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #5,345 of 9,829
Interested with this EE ... Emerald Earrings

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #5,346 of 9,829
9258291A-2388-4CF4-89FB-D4520D2230AC.jpeg Got my b stock delivered and had the wife send some pics while I'm still at the office. She said she didn't see any defects but on closer look at the pics I think i see it. Still, I will take the $250 I saved any day for that small an issue if that's all.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #5,349 of 9,829
I finally got my symbio W tips in and I was very excited but for some reason none of the sizes will stay in my left ear and mediums stay in ok but not a perfect seal in my right ear.
With my left ear I squeeze the foam (they don’t squeeze much compared to comply or marshmallow) then I open my ear canal up with my other hand and no luck even trying to hold the outside of the Andromedas for a few seconds.
Luckily the Final E tips medium fit pretty good (but they are SO hard to get on the Andromedas wide nozzle)
Anyone else have this happen?
Should I try the symbio N model or is everything the same size except the bore size?

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #5,350 of 9,829
I finally got my symbio W tips in and I was very excited but for some reason none of the sizes will stay in my left ear and mediums stay in ok but not a perfect seal in my right ear.
With my left ear I squeeze the foam (they don’t squeeze much compared to comply or marshmallow) then I open my ear canal up with my other hand and no luck even trying to hold the outside of the Andromedas for a few seconds.
Luckily the Final E tips medium fit pretty good (but they are SO hard to get on the Andromedas wide nozzle)
Anyone else have this happen?
Should I try the symbio N model or is everything the same size except the bore size?

That's pretty much how they are. In my previous post, I mentioned that sizing is a hit or miss with the symbio. If you managed to get the right fit, great albeit some colouration to the sound. The JVC Spiral tips are your best bet, second would be the Final Es. The Final Es are for narrower bores, but they fit... very securely... I find the Spiral tips are the only ones that I like in terms of fit, that does not change the sound of the Andromedas.

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #5,351 of 9,829
That's pretty much how they are. In my previous post, I mentioned that sizing is a hit or miss with the symbio. If you managed to get the right fit, great albeit some colouration to the sound. The JVC Spiral tips are your best bet, second would be the Final Es. The Final Es are for narrower bores, but they fit... very securely... I find the Spiral tips are the only ones that I like in terms of fit, that does not change the sound of the Andromedas.
May I know which spiral dot model i should get? I think I got one a few months ago but they didnt fit. Thanks

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #5,352 of 9,829
May I know which spiral dot model i should get? I think I got one a few months ago but they didnt fit. Thanks

Didn't fit in what way? The Spiral dots I have definitely fit onto the Andromeda. If you're asking about size, the M spiral dots fit similarly to the M spinfit single flanges for me, and the ML fits better in one ear (for which both M spiral dots and spinfits felt a little small).

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #5,354 of 9,829
Didn't fit in what way? The Spiral dots I have definitely fit onto the Andromeda. If you're asking about size, the M spiral dots fit similarly to the M spinfit single flanges for me, and the ML fits better in one ear (for which both M spiral dots and spinfits felt a little small).
I must have gotten it confused with the Sony Hybrid tips which didn't fit the bore. I remember getting the Spiral Dots but they were too small for me. I'll be looking for a set of mediums soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back