Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 13, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #5,311 of 9,829
So I do have developped my own tips (see : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns.684787/page-1843).....

I can't say that KE are definitly better... or the contrary. So I do have both in my collection.

I hope it will help :)

It certainly helps me want to try them! Ha!

I looked at making up those tips and if I recall correctly you put the foam from the S into a M spiral dot? When I looked at the Symbios I felt like I was going to tear the foam trying to remove it. Any advice on that? Thanks.

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #5,312 of 9,829
Where is the best place to get the Spiral dots? I am still waiting on my Symbio tips and final E type and want to get spirals to see which gives me the right or also to try taking symbio foam and put into spirals like suggested.

I can only find a 6 pack (all of 1 size) for $15 but I sometimes use small or medium and spirals come in Medium smalls(MS) that is 3 different sizes that could work so I don’t want to buy $45 in spirals to get 6 pairs of those 3 sizes seems like a waste.
I already ruined a couple complys trying to take off the tips by trying mediums and smalls since it is a tight fit on Andromedas nozzle

I purchased some off eBay for a little over $12 per pack that were shipped out pretty quickly from Japan. Should have them in hand in the next couple of weeks. Maybe wait for one of the eBay site wide discounts that have been popping up and order from there?

I only have a pack of mediums at the moment, think I need a larger tip in one ear :/. There should be a spiral dot group purchase and where buyers can combine sizes into variety packs haha.

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #5,313 of 9,829
When I looked at the Symbios I felt like I was going to tear the foam trying to remove it. Any advice on that? Thanks.

No advice about that :)

Just do it slowly with care and... then enjoy.

Don't be shy to try (to put the foam in) with different tips if necessary :ksc75smile:

This is an half tailor made process.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #5,314 of 9,829
C99D3FCF-D724-498F-814D-DA266F8DE31A.jpeg

Fit problems, you can try this. But I won't highly recommend it. It changes the sound a little too much.

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #5,315 of 9,829
I am a uber detail freak (most of the time).

BUT when overpowered (playing out of the 380cu+amp balanced and the wm1A balanced) the Andros seem to (these are general observations common to both setups)
(1) carry too much brat in the lower trebles
(2) the wonderfully balanced bass become somewhat less balanced, with more mid-bass flooding out
(3) the mids on the contrary become a bit too focused and more energized being overtaken by the lower trebles, the beautiful airiness in the hi-mids lessens

Cables used (only balanced listed - almost exclusively used stock Litz for SE output):
Ref 8 (for 380 combo)
Venturecraft-Furutech PCOCC-A (for 380 combo)
Plussound Tri-metal X6 (for 380 combo)
Sony-Kimber cable (for WM1A)
Labkable Samurai iii (for WM1A)

How would you describe the differences between the Sony Kimber Kable, ALO Litz and ALO Ref 8 with the Amdromeda?

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #5,317 of 9,829
The Silver Litz might not be a good fit since it's all silver and the Andro is a BA design.

I have the SXC 8 which is a great match.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #5,318 of 9,829
The Silver Litz might not be a good fit since it's all silver and the Andro is a BA design.

I have the SXC 8 which is a great match.

I'm not very much a cable guy, but why is it not a good fit just because its silver?
Just curious thx.

I was tempted by the Reference 8, bit the usability is not very good with all that famous micro phonic, flexibility and stuff.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #5,319 of 9,829
In my Atlas review i compare many ALO cables with Atlas/andro/vega

(And a bit in my Cascade review).

Also in my ALO Audio cable shootout I compare Tinsel/Ref 8 and Litz

See signature below: links in the second or third post

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #5,320 of 9,829
Silver cables are biased towards attenuating the high frequencies and increasing details. BA drivers are already very detailed and revealing so unless you are really into that it's not a good fit.

I like copper or a copper & silver hybrid for BA IEMs to increase the low end without making the highs too hot. For dynamic driver IEMs I prefer silver or silver plated copper to open up the details in the high end.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #5,321 of 9,829
Silver cables are biased towards attenuating the high frequencies and increasing details. BA drivers are already very detailed and revealing so unless you are really into that it's not a good fit.

I like copper or a copper & silver hybrid for BA IEMs to increase the low end without making the highs too hot. For dynamic driver IEMs I prefer silver or silver plated copper to open up the details in the high end.

"Attenuating" means "decreasing".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back