Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 16, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #5,326 of 9,829
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #5,328 of 9,829
I got my tracking and they will be here tomorrow. I hesitate to ask in this thread, but does anyone else run their Andros on an iphone X? I am all-in on spotify extreme these days and am happy with it using my current IEMs. I guess ignorance is bliss as I have never owned a modern DAP outside of a 1st gen ipod touch. I have read all about the sensitivity and hiss issues but also read the dongle is 1 ohm and should not cause any problems with that.

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #5,329 of 9,829
I tried only Jupiter in past a few days from 5S and it was hiss free and sound was very good tonally, from that day I thought a lot about Andro which could serve me well cos I like to listen also a lot via spotify form mobile, but there is possibility that older iPhones had different impendence. Andro from reading seems more choosy so I look forward on your experience.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #5,330 of 9,829
I got my tracking and they will be here tomorrow. I hesitate to ask in this thread, but does anyone else run their Andros on an iphone X? I am all-in on spotify extreme these days and am happy with it using my current IEMs. I guess ignorance is bliss as I have never owned a modern DAP outside of a 1st gen ipod touch. I have read all about the sensitivity and hiss issues but also read the dongle is 1 ohm and should not cause any problems with that.

I A/B tested my Atlas on the dongle (iphone 7+) vs the basic Fiio Q1 amp. what a difference it made in terms of frequency response in the lower range. On the dongle I was simply getting 1 bass note but amped I was hearing each variation in the bass. Have since moved on to their new Q5 and not looking back on ever using the dongle again.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #5,331 of 9,829
I A/B tested my Atlas on the dongle (iphone 7+) vs the basic Fiio Q1 amp. what a difference it made in terms of frequency response in the lower range. On the dongle I was simply getting 1 bass note but amped I was hearing each variation in the bass. Have since moved on to their new Q5 and not looking back on ever using the dongle again.

How do you connect your iPhone to the fiio?

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #5,333 of 9,829

PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #5,335 of 9,829

There is no hiss on my iPhone X with the dongle. However, it does sound better from the Sony ZX300 dap.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #5,337 of 9,829

Add an iEMatch to your lightning adapter if you want the 2.5 ohm out (that’s my personal favorite). Embrace the double dongle life!

I don’t hear hiss with the dongle, so you should be fine on that front.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #5,340 of 9,829
Just wondering if there are any CIEMs with the same sound signature as the Andro with a little more forwardly-placed vocals? I have been enjoying the andro but also looking at possible candidates for an upgrade. I sometimes felt that the vocal placement of the andro is a little too neutral (laid-back) for my taste (density of vocals and instruments is very good though) and custom iems are just much better in terms of comfort.
Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back