Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 15, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #2,626 of 9,829
Moon Audio vs stock - The vocal is more forward, treble a hair or 2 more obvious, bass also more define and more obvious. Stock  sound more softer and Silver dragon like sharper. $275 per pop. Only complain is cable is much heavier than stock. I need put a clip to hold the weight.. also not as flexible as stock. Basically the cable is ugly like a regular wire. 

The above is not like adjusting EQ sort of thing but more of a subtle diff with improvement. More obvious improvement is having the dragon fly red vs HP out. 

I also added a drop of Deoxit Gold to the connector. Its a contact conditioner/enhancer so it won't cut in and out when I turn my head. Does it improve the sound.. Answer is No. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #2,627 of 9,829
Moon Audio vs stock - The vocal is more forward, treble a hair or 2 more obvious, bass also more define and more obvious. Stock  sound more softer and Silver dragon like sharper. $275 per pop. Only complain is cable is much heavier than stock. I need put a clip to hold the weight.. also not as flexible as stock. Basically the cable is ugly like a regular wire. 

The above is not like adjusting EQ sort of thing but more of a subtle diff with improvement. More obvious improvement is having the dragon fly red vs HP out. 

I also added a drop of Deoxit Gold to the connector. Its a contact conditioner/enhancer so it won't cut in and out when I turn my head. Does it improve the sound.. Answer is No. 

Should try for Effect Audio Eros hybrid cable..

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #2,630 of 9,829
Campfire already included a pretty decent stock cable itself. ALO Litz cable. (Selling at $150). However I am still looking for potential upgrade from the stock cable. The version I got is the earlier Tinsel cable. Any suggestion of upgrade cable? Maybe around $100-300.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #2,631 of 9,829
Campfire already included a pretty decent stock cable itself. ALO Litz cable. (Selling at $150). However I am still looking for potential upgrade from the stock cable. The version I got is the earlier Tinsel cable. Any suggestion of upgrade cable? Maybe around $100-300.

toxic silver

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #2,632 of 9,829
toxic silver

Will these toxic be stiff? The tinsel is kinda tangly actually. Campfire itself already have a quite shiny mids and highs, won't silver makes it overly bright?

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #2,633 of 9,829
Will these toxic be stiff? The tinsel is kinda tangly actually. Campfire itself already have a quite shiny mids and highs, won't silver makes it overly bright?

again it depends on the sound you crave? i prefer bright sound. for best of both worlds get effect audio eros

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #2,634 of 9,829

My silver litz cables make the Andro's sound "thicker" and actually change some of the spatial airiness that you get with the stock cable. My experience has been that there is no brightness added at all, and in fact silver seems to calm it down rather than accentuate it.
LATE EDIT: The expected sound characteristics of silver litz with the Andromeda were different enough, that I'm looking forward to getting my hybrid cable (ordered) or possibly ordering a solid OCC Copper to check out. I've been reaching for the stock cable more often than not. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,635 of 9,829
From my experience with silver dragon cable. Unless you are upgrading from a lousy cable. If not the difference is not that much.

It's all about the conductivity of the material in the cable. How much current can pass through with lesser resistance.

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #2,636 of 9,829
My silver litz cables make the Andro's sound "thicker" and actually change some of the spatial airiness that you get with the stock cable. My experience has been that there is no brightness added at all, and in fact silver seems to calm it down rather than accentuate it.
LATE EDIT: The expected sound characteristics of silver litz with the Andromeda were different enough, that I'm looking forward to getting my hybrid cable (ordered) or possibly ordering a solid OCC Copper to check out. I've been reaching for the stock cable more often than not. 

A very informative info sir! That might makes me wanna get a Toxic Silver to try it out. The 1% gold content in the toxic cable might be the one that attentnuated the brightness of it. But do let me know the difference of silver litz and copper/hybrid once u got the cable. :)

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #2,637 of 9,829
A very informative info sir! That might makes me wanna get a Toxic Silver to try it out. The 1% gold content in the toxic cable might be the one that attentnuated the brightness of it. But do let me know the difference of silver litz and copper/hybrid once u got the cable.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've read that any content of gold in a cable configuration screws things up more than improving anything. I try not to recommend anybodies cables at this point in the game, since the Andromeda has "possibly" thrown me a curve ball in regards to expected characteristics from different cable materials. (I just learned about BA impedence issues) I don't have the cables on hand that I'd like to use to verify what I'm hearing from the stock ALO cable compared to a pure OCC Silver Litz. I really don't listen to my head-fi gear that often, preferring my home audio when I'm at my computer. I don't know a single thing about head-fi gear. But I do prefer to use Ken's stock cable with the Andro's right now. YMMV 

smile.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #2,638 of 9,829

We offer several cable builds at different pricing over on our website at www.plussoundaudio.com. Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions or require assistance.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back