Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 17, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #2,176 of 9,829
Actually you can head down to Music Sanctuary or Treoo and do a testing with your Andromeda, Samba and 6R as well as the latest CAH 8.2

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #2,177 of 9,829
Is it just me? I think sony zx100 is very beautiful sounding with Andromeda...It is the dap that make me say WOW with
Andromeda, I have tried ak100ii, Lotoo Paw 5000 and also connected them in Cord Hugo but I can't find hear the wow
effect that I felt in pairing my Andromeda to ZX100 and ZX2.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2,178 of 9,829
  Is it just me? I think sony zx100 is very beautiful sounding with Andromeda...It is the dap that make me say WOW with
Andromeda, I have tried ak100ii, Lotoo Paw 5000 and also connected them in Cord Hugo but I can't find hear the wow

Does it play TIDAL?

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #2,180 of 9,829

Quote:

like this? =)

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,181 of 9,829
So as per the picture a few pages back, is the latest 'revision' of the Andromeda the one with the two new facets, and is it safe to presume that future batches will all look like this? 

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,182 of 9,829
based on @twister6 review,

Sirius vs Andromeda – soundstage expansion nearly the same in all directions, though I feel Sirius is a touch wider, while Andromeda is a touch deeper. Andromeda has a little more transparency and slightly better layering and separation. The quantity and quality of sub-bass and mid-bass are nearly the same. Sirius has a little more body in lower mids, making sound more balanced, while upper mids are nearly the same, very detailed, resolving, non-fatigue, though Sirius is just a little smoother in upper mids. Both have an excellent treble extension, crisp, well defined, detailed, but Andromeda has a little more sparkle and airiness while Sirius is a little smoother at the top. Also, Sirius has zero hissing, while Andromeda has some.

very interesting comparison.

am going to try the sirius myself soon.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #2,183 of 9,829
based on @twister6
 review,

[COLOR=222222]Sirius vs Andromeda[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] – soundstage expansion nearly the same in all directions, though I feel Sirius is a touch wider, while Andromeda is a touch deeper. Andromeda has a little more transparency and slightly better layering and separation. The quantity and quality of sub-bass and mid-bass are nearly the same. Sirius has a little more body in lower mids, making sound more balanced, while upper mids are nearly the same, very detailed, resolving, non-fatigue, though Sirius is just a little smoother in upper mids. Both have an excellent treble extension, crisp, well defined, detailed, but Andromeda has a little more sparkle and airiness while Sirius is a little smoother at the top. Also, Sirius has zero hissing, while Andromeda has some.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]very interesting comparison.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]am going to try the sirius myself soon.[/COLOR]

Bro really can't beats with all dynamic drivers
Even my Rose7 1BA+1DD for that deeper soundstage and bassy all do better than Andromeda, that is honest.
I am never cheated.

But Andromeda do better textures and layering and transparency with separation detailed.

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #2,184 of 9,829
I'll just leave this here... :wink:

Not my headphones, but I really like how the Eidolic pins match up with the matte aluminum shells. Also the silver plated wire doesn't hurt either. 

Jul 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #2,186 of 9,829
Just hopped on the andromeda train
smily_headphones1.gif
Been using my phone as a source but am looking to get a dap. Does anyone have any suggestions for daps which would pair well with andromeda?
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have iPhone, that before you will buy any DAP, try Kaisertone. You can be surprised how good sound your phone can have.

Jul 18, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #2,188 of 9,829
  Kaisertone do better than iAudiogate?

Can add tracks to favourites liberally.

I have no experinece with iAudiogate, but this week I did comparisons between iPhone with Kaisertone and Cowon PD on various tracks in different quality and they are 99% identical. I test it with CA Nova. Kaisertone cost 10EUR, you will not get DAP at that price tag with same SQ.

Jul 18, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #2,189 of 9,829

I have no experinece with iAudiogate, but this week I did comparisons between iPhone with Kaisertone and Cowon PD on various tracks in different quality and they are 99% identical. I test it with CA Nova. Kaisertone cost 10EUR, you will not get DAP at that price tag with same SQ.

Yes, i am agreed with you..

Got mine AK70 less than 2 days and sold out.
Currently just love with my iPod Touch/iPhone 6s for iAudioGate, don't know how smooth there are, especially EQ can Gain up the volume as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back