Thanks guys I'll check out the echo box

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,208 of 9,829
Cool bro.. You sharing a good stuff here
smily_headphones1.gif

http://echobox-audio.myshopify.com/products/explorer

forgot to back them during their kickstarter
frown.gif

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,209 of 9,829
Cool bro.. You sharing a good stuff here :)
http://echobox-audio.myshopify.com/products/explorer
Seems like an interesting product. Lack of balanced output kind of turns me off since I'd like to use it with my other headphones that require some more power. Not a huge fan of Burr-Brown DACs either. The DP-X1 still looks like a better option but the quality issues cause some concerns.

Wonder it's worth just holding off altogether for now and wait a year or two for some next generation DAPs. I feel like if I buy now I'll be settling. What would be really nice is an A&K unit with streaming. When will that be happening!

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #2,210 of 9,829
Seems like an interesting product. Lack of balanced output kind of turns me off since I'd like to use it with my other headphones that require some more power. Not a huge fan of Burr-Brown DACs either. The DP-X1 still looks like a better option but the quality issues cause some concerns.

Wonder it's worth just holding off altogether for now and wait a year or two for some next generation DAPs. I feel like if I buy now I'll be settling. What would be really nice is an A&K unit with streaming. When will that be happening!

dpx1 seems the best option given your needs

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,211 of 9,829

dpx1 seems the best option given your needs

Yeah that's kind of what I thought, may just wait until they get the issues fixed or hold off for 2nd generation maybe. iPhone 6 plus should be capable for just the Andromeda's for now anyway

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #2,212 of 9,829
  Yeah that's kind of what I thought, may just wait until they get the issues fixed or hold off for 2nd generation maybe. iPhone 6 plus should be capable for just the Andromeda's for now anyway

i would recommend cayin i5 though as i love the sound

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #2,217 of 9,829
Can't follow right
frown.gif

That is why stick with my iPod will work fine to me
biggrin.gif

when i switch from my DAPs to iPod, i realise the resolution of iPod is not as good.
let switch to the main topic nova and andromeda...

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #2,219 of 9,829
Wait for iBasso DX200
smily_headphones1.gif

Same question, support for TIDAL? So hard to find any information on the manufacturers websites. I'm assuming it doesn't if they don't advertise it as a feature. TIDAL support is a must for me as I don't have much music stored on my PC. Almost all of my listening is done via TIDAL now.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,220 of 9,829

Same question, support for TIDAL? So hard to find any information on the manufacturers websites. I'm assuming it doesn't if they don't advertise it as a feature. TIDAL support is a must for me as I don't have much music stored on my PC. Almost all of my listening is done via TIDAL now.

balanced and tidal = dpx1
tidal = i5

@goldendarko i prefer i5 sound but if you need balanced go for dpx1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back