Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 23, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,696 of 9,829

Just a few hours ago, I laid down on my bed and plugged in the Nova to my Mojo+X3ii rig, didn't realize I fell asleep with them on my ears for more than an hour. Haha! I wasn't tired at all. It was just the soothing sound coming from the Nova that helped me relax, adding the smoothness of the Mojo then I was knocked out. I'm starting to love these IEM and I would want to explore more on the CA lineup, especially the Andromeda if budget permits so.

This same thing basically happened to me two days ago and the bass for what ever reason kicked in.  I am totally jelly of you and your mojo!  I really want one and am only using my Fiio e12A.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #1,697 of 9,829
  This same thing basically happened to me two days ago and the bass for what ever reason kicked in.  I am totally jelly of you and your mojo!  I really want one and am only using my Fiio e12A.

Surprisingly, the Nova could easily be driven by my smartphone and they sound fantastic as well. Though the overall body was a bit lacking without the Mojo. Extension was also noticeably reduced using the phone only.

You should try the Mojo when you have the chance so you can decide whether it will benefit your sound needs or not.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,698 of 9,829

Surprisingly, the Nova could easily be driven by my smartphone and they sound fantastic as well. Though the overall body was a bit lacking without the Mojo. Extension was also noticeably reduced using the phone only.

You should try the Mojo when you have the chance so you can decide whether it will benefit your sound needs or not.

I did try it at my local shop in San Francisco, that is why I know I want one.  I just don't have the cash to drop on it!

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,699 of 9,829
  I like the Nova more than the UE900. Haven't heard the SE535 or W30 unfortunately. Nova seems to have less bass presence than the UE900, but more importantly, it feels clearer than the UE900. Might have just been what I was listening with, but the UE900 sounded a little muffled and certainly not as clear as the Nova. Equally thick body, but the thickness is from the mids in the Nova while it seems to just be the slight muffling in the UE900.

Having said all that, I suggest you take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm comparing from memory; I don't have a UE900 on hand.

huh, i really want to try these now... the ue900s satisfied me for like a couple of years

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,700 of 9,829
  I like the Nova more than the UE900. Haven't heard the SE535 or W30 unfortunately. Nova seems to have less bass presence than the UE900, but more importantly, it feels clearer than the UE900. Might have just been what I was listening with, but the UE900 sounded a little muffled and certainly not as clear as the Nova. Equally thick body, but the thickness is from the mids in the Nova while it seems to just be the slight muffling in the UE900.

Having said all that, I suggest you take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm comparing from memory; I don't have a UE900 on hand.

mmmmmmm i have to get try a pair of these now :p

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,701 of 9,829
  Just wanted to say I was able to test out the entire Campfire Audio lineup while I was out in Portland last week and these are some seriously great earphones. I was in Portland and I actually just kind of stumbled upon ALO Audio's headquarters where I saw employees working on amps and such in the garage area. I went to the door to see if they had any gear I could listen to but I realized that I had unfortunately shown up after hours :frowning2: , luckily Caleb was still there and he let me in and we talked for a bit and he gave me a chance to listen to all of their IEM's, including a new prototype.

They all sounded pretty great but 2 of them stood out to me in particular. The Andromeda and the Lyra. The Lyra was would be my recommendation for bass heads as it definately hit the hardest. All around though the Andromeda was definately the winner, and the best IEM I've personally ever heard. I should state I'm more of a headphone guy so I haven't heard all kinds of IEM's but I did own an SE846 for a while after reading so much positive stuff about it and came away quite dissapointed and have stayed away from IEM's since then. 

The main takeaways for me with the Andromeda was how smooth it was, balanced across all frequencies and how freakin' spacious it sounded, especially in the mids. It could be super easy to listen to this thing all day long as it just sounds so smooth and effortless. I had read the bass was a bit laid back for some but for me that's not the case, it's just not overemphasized like with more commercial headphones. I found the balance between highs/mids/lows to be astounding for an IEM. And lastly the number one selling point for me was just how spacious they sounded. One thing I don't expect from an IEM is for it to sound very open, at least compared to headphones, but the Andromeda really gives an incredible sense of spacing and imaging.

Anyway, I haven't bought them yet, but will most likely be getting a pair soon. Oh, and they are also crazy easy to drive, all I had on me was my iPhone and using it (via TIDAL) as my source I barely needed to get more than 30-40% of the way up on the volume, so just be careful you've got the volume turned down before you put these bad boys in your ear

Since you're in Portland, might as well go to 1964 Audio headquarter / office and check out their IEMs with ADEL,  im sure it will sound more even spacious compare to Andromeda.  If you have a chance, please compare any of the 1964 iems with the Andromeda.

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,702 of 9,829
Since you're in Portland, might as well go to 1964 Audio headquarter / office and check out their IEMs with ADEL,  im sure it will sound more even spacious compare to Andromeda.  If you have a chance, please compare any of the 1964 iems with the Andromeda.
Well I actually live in Virginia but my family is in Oregon. Might be a while before I get back there unfortunately

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,703 of 9,829

I've heard both lineups in quick succession and didn't feel U10/U12 felt more spacious vs. Andromeda. I much preferred Andromeda.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #1,704 of 9,829
I've heard both lineups in quick succession and didn't feel U10/U12 felt more spacious vs. Andromeda. I much preferred Andromeda.

I agree. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #1,707 of 9,829
  All in all would you all say that these lean more towards being mid-centric?

Interest has been piqued by those talking about the smoothness. Does it have the sparkle and liquidity?

For me, yes the mids stood out the most, mainly due to how open and clear they sounded for an IEM. But overall the big picture was balance, no V or U shapes here, the Andromeda sounded balanced in the high's, mids & lows.

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #1,708 of 9,829
  Now you make me wanna blow my cash on the Orion..LOL

Btw, guys. Do you have any condensation issue with the earphone after around 20 min usage?
I'm staying inside air cond room all the while. Having a lot of water droplet on the nozzle. This get me worried it would eventually drop into the BA driver since the bore is wide open without any wire gauze or protection. 
I didn't use right after bath, so I don't think that's a factor..
rolleyes.gif

I am also experiencing this and also afraid that the water droplets may seep inside through the bore. wonder if its just us or there are some people out there experiencing the same issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back