Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 24, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,711 of 9,829
  me too

Same, That's what I worried as well.
redface.gif

Personal question for you two: do you have damp earwax? Because I don't, I have the dry flaky kind so I suspect it's why I don't have any moisture buildup with my Novas. My guess would be that moisture is normally soaked up in your earwax, but because you have the Novas in, it collects on the nozzle instead.

Jun 24, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #1,712 of 9,829
  Personal question for you two: do you have damp earwax? Because I don't, I have the dry flaky kind so I suspect it's why I don't have any moisture buildup with my Novas. My guess would be that moisture is normally soaked up in your earwax, but because you have the Novas in, it collects on the nozzle instead.

Nope, dry war wax for me. Might the seal is too great? I'm not sure...

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,717 of 9,829

I feel that the Nova benefits well from some additional treble boost. I sometimes hear a bit of darkness from the mids to treble though clarity is still obvious. Just experimenting on some setups.

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,721 of 9,829
  I like the Nova more than the UE900. Haven't heard the SE535 or W30 unfortunately. Nova seems to have less bass presence than the UE900, but more importantly, it feels clearer than the UE900. Might have just been what I was listening with, but the UE900 sounded a little muffled and certainly not as clear as the Nova. Equally thick body, but the thickness is from the mids in the Nova while it seems to just be the slight muffling in the UE900.

Having said all that, I suggest you take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm comparing from memory; I don't have a UE900 on hand.

thanks for the quick review; so would you say the Nova is merely a slight upgrade from the UE900? I was kind of hyped for it, now not as much.

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #1,723 of 9,829
Got package finally. First impressions are not bad, but are not astonishing either. My first listening to Jupiters was much more surprising. Will give them few days and will write a bit more. For first few moments I can only confirmed, that same as Jupiters are nicer to listen than my beloved Savants, Novas are not in that class at all.

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,724 of 9,829
  Got package finally. First impressions are not bad, but are not astonishing either. My first listening to Jupiters was much more surprising. Will give them few days and will write a bit more. For first few moments I can only confirmed, that same as Jupiters are nicer to listen than my beloved Savants, Novas are not in that class at all.

Did you try them at all with the stock Litz cable? There was a difference (I felt at least, YMMV) between the stock Litz and the MeeAudio P1 cable for example, so I dunno if there would be between the stock and the one you've got in that cable. I'm just curious as to your thoughts. I do like that your cable doesn't have memory wire on it though
biggrin.gif
. I don't like memory wire.

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,725 of 9,829
Yes, I did. Cable I have is Audio Minor Mahogany Litz I used on Trinity Atlas before. I like this cable for its look and sound. Generally I have not big issue with memory wire, but this one I have is more comfortable, than stock cable. Sound is a bit more dynamic as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back