Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 24, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,726 of 9,829
Yes, I did. Cable I have is Audio Minor Mahogany Litz I used on Trinity Atlas before. I like this cable for its look and sound. Generally I have not big issue with memory wire, but this one I have is more comfortable, than stock cable. Sound is a bit more dynamic as well.

Nice, certainly looked like a nice cable when I saw it.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,728 of 9,829
So, i just joined the Nova club.. its a big change from my Senn HD 650s, but i am giving them a fair shot...

That said, anyone know how durable the MMCX connections are?  I ask since on my DAP (Lg V10), i get a higher quality mode if i plug in a bare cable first, then connect the buds (based on the way the phone detects the connected headphones). As it is, i have never owned a set of IEMs like this, so i am really unsure about how well the connections would hold up to a connection/disconnection every day or so.

I can buy an adapter cable, but i would rather not put an unknown quality adapters in between the phone and the buds, and lose the entire point of the good quality stuff. But if people tell me the connection will wear out in a month.....

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,729 of 9,829
that doesn't make any sense, you should check your settings to see if you can fix it in the software.  In general, you should not detach/reattach the mmcx connectors too often as they may become loose over time. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #1,731 of 9,829
  that doesn't make any sense, you should check your settings to see if you can fix it in the software.  In general, you should not detach/reattach the mmcx connectors too often as they may become loose over time. 

Eh, its part of the whole setup of the V10; nothing i can change (lots of info on it in the v10 threads, so i wont copy it here).

Sadly, the second part is the important part that i didnt want to hear.. i was hoping they would last longer.  Ah well.. adapter it is..

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,733 of 9,829
Got package finally. First impressions are not bad, but are not astonishing either. My first listening to Jupiters was much more surprising. Will give them few days and will write a bit more. For first few moments I can only confirmed, that same as Jupiters are nicer to listen than my beloved Savants, Novas are not in that class at all.

Well, Nova certainly aren't as forward / edgy as Savant. I'd personally rather listen to Nova, but of course YMMV...

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #1,734 of 9,829
  Got package finally. First impressions are not bad, but are not astonishing either. My first listening to Jupiters was much more surprising. Will give them few days and will write a bit more. For first few moments I can only confirmed, that same as Jupiters are nicer to listen than my beloved Savants, Novas are not in that class at all.

I have to say, that is one of the nicest portable looking setups that I have seen. The AK Jr with the green sleeve and the custom cable in addition to the immaculate build quality of the Nova makes for a stunner of a setup. I would get the Jr for its looks if not for its painfully sluggish UI. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,735 of 9,829
I have to say, that is one of the nicest portable looking setups that I have seen. The AK Jr with the green sleeve and the custom cable in addition to the immaculate build quality of the Nova makes for a stunner of a setup. I would get the Jr for its looks if not for its painfully sluggish UI. 

They don't look too shabby sat on top of the Opus #1 either (sadly, don't get to keep that pairing together as the Opus was only a brief touring visitor). :wink:

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,737 of 9,829
Well, Nova certainly aren't as forward / edgy as Savant. I'd personally rather listen to Nova, but of course YMMV...

As I wrote, it is only very first impression out of box. I may change it later. Anyway my first kiss with Jupiters or Savants was much sweeter than I got with Nova. So fare I found them not that comfortable as Noble or Trinity IEM. But I will give it more time.

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #1,738 of 9,829
And how they fit together? I feel in my bones, that with Opus can Novas sound great.

In my brief time with the Opus, they paired very well. Bags of driving power and clarity help bring the best out of the Novas. Believe they have just updated the firmware with a slight improvement in the SQ according to the main Opus thread as well.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,739 of 9,829
As I wrote, it is only very first impression out of box. I may change it later. Anyway my first kiss with Jupiters or Savants was much sweeter than I got with Nova. So fare I found them not that comfortable as Noble or Trinity IEM. But I will give it more time.

OH, for sure. Coming from IEM with more aggressive highs like Savant, I can understand why some are finding Nova dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back