Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 23, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #1,670 of 9,829
Sorry my bad, savanna has 4BA vs Savant has single BA only Lola

Savants is not single BA. It is 2BA with very precise tuning and that makes Savants unique IEM between other 2BA earphones. I have ordered Novas and I hope they will give me joy as Savants did, but so fare I´m not sure about that. I tried Jupiter's and Savants side by side and Jupiter's are better, but only for a bit and that bit is depend on preferences of listener. I read comparison between Andromeda and Savants and Andromeda was evaluate as better, but again not by much. For sure are CA IEM very good, but Savants are special and unique in some way.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,671 of 9,829
Savants is not single BA. It is 2BA with very precise tuning and that makes Savants unique IEM between other 2BA earphones. I have ordered Novas and I hope they will give me joy as Savants did, but so fare I´m not sure about that. I tried Jupiter's and Savants side by side and Jupiter's are better, but only for a bit and that bit is depend on preferences of listener. I read comparison between Andromeda and Savants and Andromeda was evaluate as better, but again not by much. For sure are CA IEM very good, but Savants are special and unique in some way.

Thanks your fine tuned.
Anyway Jupiter with upgraded cable such as SXC24 will be another level

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #1,672 of 9,829

I'll watch out for your thoughts on side by side comparison of Nova and Savant.

Some people are comparing the Savanna to the Andromeda, 4BA vs 5BA. I wonder which will excel in most areas.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #1,673 of 9,829

I found the tubing of the savant quite unique in that it really connected with me and I found it almost euphoric. I haven't tried these two models have have the previous 3. I found the Orion to be fantastic ad a single ba.
I didn't enjoy it nearly s much as the savant however I found it more consistent across genres than the savant.

If I were to buy a second or third iem I would buy the savant. If I were going o have just one iem from the Orion, Lyra, Jupiter or savant I would choose Orion on a budget, Jupiter if funds free, even if I did prefer the savant by quite a bit in its strong genres.

I kind of liken them to grado in that regard. Amazing at what they are good at. Not so much as an all rounder

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #1,674 of 9,829

In my specific opinion, the Noble Audio Wizard Savants are a 6.9 compared to the CA Andromeda at 9.0 in preference in a natural yet detailed sound signature. Soundstage however is phenomenally portrayed with the Campfire Audio Andromeda hands down!

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #1,675 of 9,829
Thanks your fine tuned.
Anyway Jupiter with upgraded cable such as SXC24 will be another level

Jupiters are better for me even with stock cable. Only different is not significant. And cable can be replaced on Savants too, so this influence is not relevant.
All I try to say is, that CA are great ( based on my short Jupiter experience ), Savants are special in their class. I really looking for my Novas, which I hope will get tomorrow and I be happy, if they will surprise me as Jupiters did.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #1,676 of 9,829

Interesting. Heard from some that the Andromeda sound similar to Noble Savanna which is more than half way down the price. Would love to see some comments of those who tried.

In that case, according to this review, the Pinnacle P1 is also very close in terms of sound quality http://bit.ly/28OzrpR

Edit: Oops, I bumped into the Savant trap as well :)

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,677 of 9,829
In my specific opinion, the Noble Audio Wizard Savants are a 6.9 compared to the CA Andromeda at 9.0 in preference in a natural yet detailed sound signature. Soundstage however is phenomenally portrayed with the Campfire Audio Andromeda hands down!

I did not listen Andromeda yet, but have no reason not believe you. I listen Jupiters for some short time and sold my Savants. CA are great. When I will get Novas, I will give them a try and than will see, if I will keep them, or will take Jupiters.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #1,678 of 9,829

In that case, according to this review, the Pinnacle P1 is also very close in terms of sound quality http://bit.ly/28OzrpR

Edit: Oops, I bumped into the Savant trap as well :)

Hahah yeah. I've seen that review before but didn't pay much attention to the comparisons as I don't have any of them.

Once the page loaded, I did ctrl+F and searched for campfire, andromeda, nova, etc. Nothing showed up. But I saw the Savant. Haha!

Too bad they named their IEMs confusingly similar to another.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #1,679 of 9,829

Re moisture.

I bought these recently.
Dessicant silica is in handy pods, and comes with a plastic container.

I now use it to dehumidify and dry out my different IEMs.

Of course i could have bought it in bulk but living in a country which is not my native one i could not find the right stuff so I took the easy way on Amazon.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,680 of 9,829
Anyone using their Nova on an android phone? I do and I noticed some kind of noise whenever I touch the screen. Tried turning on airplane mode but the noise is still there. By the way, I noticed this only when no music is playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back