Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 10, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #736 of 9,829
I'm still quite disappointed with my current experience at Massdrop. I know other people usually have no problems joining in the drop, I just have this issue that the current country I'm in isn't on the drop down list for shipping options. I'm in Qatar and it's not on the list, but UAE is there. (We're just neighbors). Anyway, I've already decided to join in a couple of days ago and have already tried contacting Massdrop by email, instagram and the site's support page, all to no avail up to now. Based on the automatic reply from their email, they're currently backlogged and advised customers to wait for 48 to 72 hours. Who knows when the available units will run out? The time I decided to join, not even 100 units were taken, now there's only less than 50 left (still plenty, I know).

With sir Damon's brief impression of the Nova, I'm now more sold to join the drop. There's just nothing I could do at the moment but to wait for Massdrop's reply. Sorry for ranting here and thanks to all your insights about the CA IEMs. I'm really keen to get one, though my budget is only limited to the Nova for now.

May 10, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #737 of 9,829
It could be interesting read some thoughts about Andromeda versus Savant and K10ua in future mainly from fan of Noble. Possibly not much about technical where will have Campfire probably advantage but mainly description about feeling and pure joy of music. I think best is balance tune between neutral and pure enjoy of music..

I think Andromeda would be nicer if the green would be something like on this picture it is adult elegant colour (and again it do not look like grass which current colour looks a little :D) but anyway I like how Campfire care about their product shell, cable, case just everything looks very quality which is very important and not much seen in rival brands, thumbs up.  

May 10, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #738 of 9,829
  It could be interesting read some thoughts about Andromeda versus Savant and K10ua in future mainly from fan of Noble. Possibly not much about technical where will have Campfire probably advantage but mainly description about feeling and pure joy of music. I think best is balance tune between neutral and pure enjoy of music..

I think Andromeda would be nicer if the green would be something like on this picture it is adult elegant colour (and again it do not look like grass which current colour looks a little :D) but anyway I like how Campfire care about their product shell, cable, case just everything looks very quality which is very important and not much seen in rival brands, thumbs up.  

I'm a fan of many IEMs/CIEMs, does that count?
biggrin.gif
  I had a detailed comparison between Andromeda and K10UA here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/555#post_12563494

Regarding the color, either if you like it or don't, gotta tell you that it really stands out.  I have many IEMs/CIEMs, often together in a large headphone case, and among all the black and carbon fiber shells - it shines right through.  Plus, with any other shade under a different light the color will not be as clear, while here it looks bold.  Definitely different.  Definitely stands out.  Definitely a topic of conversation when people stop you to ask what you got in your ears
wink.gif

May 10, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #743 of 9,829
Man these Novas really caught me by surprise. I have no idea why I want them so bad. Suppose it's because I've always loved the style and build of the CA gear and jumping in on a brand new product is always exciting...
One pair of iems I was however anticipating buying was the Mee audio P1. I really enjoy the 2nd gen a151p and thought this would be a good step up and have read they punch way above their asking price. And now a couple days before the Nova drop ends I found them on sale for $115...Are these two iems in entirely different leagues as far as sound quality goes? I'll only allow myself to jump on one of these deals. P1 for $115 or Nova for $340...any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

May 10, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #745 of 9,829
Man these Novas really caught me by surprise. I have no idea why I want them so bad. Suppose it's because I've always loved the style and build of the CA gear and jumping in on a brand new product is always exciting...
One pair of iems I was however anticipating buying was the Mee audio P1. I really enjoy the 2nd gen a151p and thought this would be a good step up and have read they punch way above their asking price. And now a couple days before the Nova drop ends I found them on sale for $115...Are these two iems in entirely different leagues as far as sound quality goes? I'll only allow myself to jump on one of these deals. P1 for $115 or Nova for $340...any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Thought about getting the Nova or the Pinnacle P1 now and the Andromeda later on.

Where did you find the P1 for only $115?

May 10, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #747 of 9,829
Nice!

May 10, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #748 of 9,829
Just got a refund for the difference in price for the NOVA between the pre-order price and Mass drop. Somebody is counting pennies!

But no notification of when it's gonna ship. Not a good buying experience so far.

May 10, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #749 of 9,829
I had the Andromeda in my bag this morning, as I miss it. But buckled up and took the Nova again.

I am not sure there is much more I can add without muddying the waters at this stage.

I will work on my full review from now.

Cheers all.

Regards
Expat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back