Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 10, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #751 of 9,829
Man these Novas really caught me by surprise. I have no idea why I want them so bad. Suppose it's because I've always loved the style and build of the CA gear and jumping in on a brand new product is always exciting...
One pair of iems I was however anticipating buying was the Mee audio P1. I really enjoy the 2nd gen a151p and thought this would be a good step up and have read they punch way above their asking price. And now a couple days before the Nova drop ends I found them on sale for $115...Are these two iems in entirely different leagues as far as sound quality goes? I'll only allow myself to jump on one of these deals. P1 for $115 or Nova for $340...any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have the P1's and absolutely LOVE them. They provide a really nice warm full sound, with decent bass reach. This really was my "Pinnacle" IEM...until the Nova came along. I jumped on the Drop, and will happily audition the P1 against the Nova.

For $115, the P1 is an incredible bargain. I have not had any problems with the MMCX cables, nor fit. They are my daily driver. Using Comply's the sound is just what I am looking for, albeit a bit hard to drive with my 6+. But, as I said I jumped on the Nova. I will probably give the P1's to my son or wife, should I like the Nova more. Or keep them for comparison purposes.

I don't think I helped you decide, except that they are both incredible pieces of kit. Choose one, be happy, and save for the Andromeda if you desire. I can say with a high degree of certainty that the Nova will be the last expensive pair I purchase for a long time. :cold_sweat:

Best of luck, cheers!

May 10, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #752 of 9,829
Haha....halfway through your post I'm like "this is great but not helping my decision making." lol. Thanks. FOMO is kicking in on both of these and uncertain what to do but leaning towards the Novas. I don't buy many mid/hi fi iems...so kind of want to splurge a bit and hope for the best.

May 10, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #753 of 9,829
  Just got a refund for the difference in price for the NOVA between the pre-order price and Mass drop. Somebody is counting pennies!

But no notification of when it's gonna ship. Not a good buying experience so far.

Me too!  Thank you Ken and CA! 
beerchug.gif

May 10, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #754 of 9,829
Haha....halfway through your post I'm like "this is great but not helping my decision making." lol. Thanks. FOMO is kicking in on both of these and uncertain what to do but leaning towards the Novas. I don't buy many mid/hi fi iems...so kind of want to splurge a bit and hope for the best.

Then I would jump on the Novas, and hold no regrets, and I love my P1's. The P1's will still be around used, if you desire down the road. My gut says you would like the P1, but regret missing the Nova drop. Heckuva price.

Now, I hope this helped!

May 10, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #755 of 9,829
  I'm still quite disappointed with my current experience at Massdrop. I know other people usually have no problems joining in the drop, I just have this issue that the current country I'm in isn't on the drop down list for shipping options. I'm in Qatar and it's not on the list, but UAE is there. (We're just neighbors). Anyway, I've already decided to join in a couple of days ago and have already tried contacting Massdrop by email, instagram and the site's support page, all to no avail up to now. Based on the automatic reply from their email, they're currently backlogged and advised customers to wait for 48 to 72 hours. Who knows when the available units will run out? The time I decided to join, not even 100 units were taken, now there's only less than 50 left (still plenty, I know).

With sir Damon's brief impression of the Nova, I'm now more sold to join the drop. There's just nothing I could do at the moment but to wait for Massdrop's reply. Sorry for ranting here and thanks to all your insights about the CA IEMs. I'm really keen to get one, though my budget is only limited to the Nova for now.

I here you on Massdrop, I emailed on Saturday about shipping carriers to Canada and haven't heard back except for an instant reply.

Thanks to everyone who has given their impressions on the Nova.

May 10, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #756 of 9,829
Jet.com $136 plus 15% off coupon bring it down to $114 and change.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you bought something from Jet.com?  Good experience?  That's a killer deal!

May 10, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #757 of 9,829
Have you bought something from Jet.com?  Good experience?  That's a killer deal!

Yes. Very legitimate site but it is kind of a middleman service that displays the best deal from multiple sellers. I've ordered from them with no problems. It's usually for more common household items and what not bet sells a little of everything. Think Amazon but in its infancy.

May 10, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #758 of 9,829
Yes. Very legitimate site but it is kind of a middleman service that displays the best deal from multiple sellers. I've ordered from them with no problems. It's usually for more common household items and what not bet sells a little of everything. Think Amazon but in its infancy.

Thanks!!  I'll look into it.

May 10, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #761 of 9,829
My impressions of the Campfire Audio Andromeda I have in hand:

Hopefully I'll be able to add more.

May 10, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #764 of 9,829
  My impressions of the Campfire Audio Andromeda I have in hand:

Hopefully I'll be able to add more.

Never mind the impressions or the review, that was one ONE SICK backflip!!!  Holy crap Maurice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back