Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 17, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #1,007 of 9,829
oh, and one little thing about achieving its sound quality with 5 drivers vs 10 drivers :wink:   Yeah, I know, it's all about the tuning, but still - very impressive!

Yes, all the CFA IEM are tuned very well. I didn't find myself missing the extra drivers while listening :p

May 17, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,008 of 9,829
I'm curious about the Andromeda and it's stellar impressions, but has anyone compared it to poor ol' Jupiter?

May 17, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #1,009 of 9,829
I'm curious about the Andromeda and it's stellar impressions, but has anyone compared it to poor ol' Jupiter?

I'm not gonna throw out any fancy-schmancy audiophile comparison, but I briefly auditioned both back to back and liked Andromeda better. Previously, I'd preferred Jupiter in the lineup.

May 17, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,010 of 9,829
I'm looking to buy my first dap prior to the Nova arriving from the massdrop group buy and just wondered if anyone had any insight. I heard mention that the Nova was very source dependent...so which pairing would be a nice compliment for it? Im really mostly just looking at the AK jr, the fiio x5ii and maybe the sony a17. Im leaning toward the astell n kern but if anyone with more knowledge than I on any of these devices has any strong opinion to provide one way or another I'm all ears. I'm really looking to stay in the same price range though, $300ish. Thanks.

May 17, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #1,011 of 9,829

They're both awesome. I agree that, strictly speaking the andromeda is more "engaging" in terms of its dynamics and resolution, but I find the combination of the K10 with the Linum Music cable and the AK 100ii to be in a whole different league musically than any speaker, earphone, or headphone system I have ever had the pleasure of hearing, including the andromeda. Ironically, I have found that my iPhone 6 pairs really well with the andromeda, even better than the ALO CDM.   

Used only with iPhone 6s, which one would you prefer? K10U or Andromeda?

May 17, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #1,012 of 9,829

I'm late, but have taken a few photos and written a small bit in preparation for a full review. Sound-wise, this bad boy is almost perfectly up my alley. I have a few issues with fit, but they are nothing new to the series. Very well done. 

campfire-audio-andromeda-excitement-engine

May 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #1,013 of 9,829
  I'm late, but have taken a few photos and written a small bit in preparation for a full review. Sound-wise, this bad boy is almost perfectly up my alley. I have a few issues with fit, but they are nothing new to the series. Very well done. 

campfire-audio-andromeda-excitement-engine

I have small ears. Your comments about small ears and fit are worrying. Nice impressions.

May 17, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #1,015 of 9,829
Well that settles it. I'll be lining up for one.

Who wants my Jupiter?

May 17, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,017 of 9,829
  I have small ears. Your comments about small ears and fit are worrying. Nice impressions.

Unlike other body bits, it's the insides that count. My wife's ears can fit the SE846 (barely) but can't fit the ToGo! series or the Nova/Jupiter/Andromeda. But girls have smaller ear hollows (terminology?). I have tiny ears that fit inside the pads of most on-ear earphones, but I'm a man (not a manly man, but a man nonetheless) and these fit just fine. If you can fit a ToGo! you can fit an Andromeda. But if you can check, do it.

May 17, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #1,018 of 9,829

Unlike other body bits, it's the insides that count. My wife's ears can fit the SE846 (barely) but can't fit the ToGo! series or the Nova/Jupiter/Andromeda. But girls have smaller ear hollows (terminology?). I have tiny ears that fit inside the pads of most on-ear earphones, but I'm a man (not a manly man, but a man nonetheless) and these fit just fine. If you can fit a ToGo! you can fit an Andromeda. But if you can check, do it.

Earsonics Velvet and SM64 fit fine but don't have an experience with ToGo!.

May 17, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #1,019 of 9,829
Most of them are rounded design, unlike CA IEMs are sharper edges, again metal shell, just depending how you try it fits, me no issue, cause I've it well.
Also the memory wire should help a lots, for eartips, I was prefer over comply foam for my right fit.
Once the shell won't felt rotated, everything should get right fit.

May 17, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #1,020 of 9,829
  Earsonics Velvet and SM64 fit fine but don't have an experience with ToGo!.

I'm a man as well. Not a man like Tormund, but a man nonetheless. 
smile.gif
 Amazing acting by all the actors.

Wait... what? Jon Snow? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back