Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 16, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #991 of 9,829
  @Hisoundfi
​What first Head-fi review for today? Not including the other 70-80 other ones.

I think Vince meant first official head-fi review of Andromeda 
biggrin.gif
  Took me a few seconds to think about it as well lol!!!

May 16, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #995 of 9,829
Thanks for your detailed review Hisoundfi!
In your review you stated that you were able to try the entire Campfire lineup.  Would you mind comparing the Andromeda with the Lyra?  I know they're quite different since the Lyra is Campfire's only dynamic IEM, but it is my daily driver and I've never tried BA IEMs before.

May 16, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #996 of 9,829

It's upper midrange is a bit clearer, its midrange stereo width appears to be vaster, and its control of upper bass elements tighter. If that's your thing, yes. If not, no. It is a damn fine-sounding earphone.

I care about overall SQ, I take it you still consider K10 UA better overall? I'm not a very big fan of upper midrange, in fact I'd prefer it to be slightly dipped.

Also I'm mostly going to be using iPhone 6s. Never been a fan of DAPs.

May 16, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #997 of 9,829

oh, and one little thing about achieving its sound quality with 5 drivers vs 10 drivers
wink.gif
  Yeah, I know, it's all about the tuning, but still - very impressive!

What do you think as someone who owns both? I mostly listen to EDM and pop but sometimes classical and other genres as well.

May 16, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #998 of 9,829
Does anyone know what Spinfit tips fit on the Novas?  CP100? 

May 16, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #999 of 9,829

oh, and one little thing about achieving its sound quality with 5 drivers vs 10 drivers
wink.gif
  Yeah, I know, it's all about the tuning, but still - very impressive!

What do you think as someone who owns both? I mostly listen to EDM and pop but sometimes classical and other genres as well.

I posted a detailed comparison of Andromeda vs K10UA review samples here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/555#post_12563494

May 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,000 of 9,829
May 16, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,001 of 9,829
I can't buy these apparently, they don't ship to Turkey. Whatever...

Edit: Apparently Alo Audio sends to Turkey. Any idea when it'll be in ALO's stock?

May 16, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,002 of 9,829
Awesome review Hisoundfi! Well that seals the deal for me, once I get the funds the Andromeda will be my next IEM's. Anyone tried pairing them with the CDM yet ? Just wondering how that combo sounds and if it's worth the upgrade over just using my iphone 6 plus.

May 16, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #1,003 of 9,829
Got my NOVA. 

Great prominent midrange on initial listening, cannot comment on the rest as burning them in. But I can say there is a definitely a strong sound sig, far from neutral. .

Another drawback for me was the right ear fit, it's slightly sore after listening for half an hour. To be fair, mind you I have small ears and canal. Will give it another shot this weekend after burn-in..

May 16, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #1,004 of 9,829
Got my NOVA. 

Great prominent midrange on initial listening, cannot comment on the rest as burning them in. But I can say there is a definitely a strong sound sig, far from neutral. .

Another drawback for me was the right ear fit, it's slightly sore after listening for half an hour. To be fair, mind you I have small ears and canal. Will give it another shot this weekend after burn-in..

Congratulations! And awaiting more impressions.

May 16, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,005 of 9,829
  Got my NOVA. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I'm waiting for my Nova from the Massdrop and have relatively small ears. Curious as to how this will be in terms of comfort and whether I'll like the sound sig. Mid-forward is usually something I like to hear as part of a description
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back