Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 15, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #977 of 9,829
well sir you have a good listening taste :tongue_smile:

Why thankyou, young sir. My listening taste is questionable, I have just had great fun cherry picking all the great gear you guys have been writing about on here for the last few years and trying to work my way through it all. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it... :wink:

May 16, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #979 of 9,829
I found Andromeda to be more musical and engaging than K10U after a brief back to back audition. While K10U is no slouch, if I were looking at one for purchase, it'd be Andromeda. Different strokes for different folks
wink.gif

They're both awesome. I agree that, strictly speaking the andromeda is more "engaging" in terms of its dynamics and resolution, but I find the combination of the K10 with the Linum Music cable and the AK 100ii to be in a whole different league musically than any speaker, earphone, or headphone system I have ever had the pleasure of hearing, including the andromeda. Ironically, I have found that my iPhone 6 pairs really well with the andromeda, even better than the ALO CDM.   

May 16, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #980 of 9,829

They're both awesome. I agree that, strictly speaking the andromeda is more "engaging" in terms of its dynamics and resolution, but I find the combination of the K10 with the Linum Music cable and the AK 100ii to be in a whole different league musically than any speaker, earphone, or headphone system I have ever had the pleasure of hearing, including the andromeda. Ironically, I have found that my iPhone 6 pairs really well with the andromeda, even better than the ALO CDM.   

I will agree with you on one point, the iPhone 6 pairs fantastically with the Andromeda.  TIDAL or Spotify listening with the Andromeda is simply amazeballs.

May 16, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #981 of 9,829

I will agree with you on one point, the iPhone 6 pairs fantastically with the Andromeda.  TIDAL or Spotify listening with the Andromeda is simply amazeballs.

Hope that trait has carried over to the Nova. Cuz I'm getting that and I usually run around with my iOS device being my main source of music. Also, can anyone tell me what the shell is like size-wise compared to the Fidue A83? Because the A83 nozzle was a little short and perhaps just a tad too wide. The width of the nozzle didn't really bother me so that's not all that important, but length comparison would be nice if anyone could lemme know.

May 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #983 of 9,829
Rumours.

No doubt if that is the case, common sense dictates that they will release several models as usual- one if which will have a 3.5mm or adapter option.

But off topic.

May 16, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #986 of 9,829
  So this is better than K10U? I'm considering buying K10UA these days.

It's upper midrange is a bit clearer, its midrange stereo width appears to be vaster, and its control of upper bass elements tighter. If that's your thing, yes. If not, no. It is a damn fine-sounding earphone.

May 16, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #990 of 9,829
And the most imporant thing is the andromeda is much more cheaper than k10u, andromeda is really a good deal

oh, and one little thing about achieving its sound quality with 5 drivers vs 10 drivers
wink.gif
  Yeah, I know, it's all about the tuning, but still - very impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back