Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #5,566 of 9,829
Is this SS with different mid driver the new Andromeda that there was talk about?

I hope so because I just got the version 2 Andromedas last month and I don’t see them making a cable down version because of the weight. (like the atlas) People love the sound but are having some fit issues even trying to wear them over ear anyways.

If possible we recommend a foam tip for the Atlas if your having a issue with the weight.

The Andromeda S has a good center of gravity and with it behind the ear memory wire we have had not issues with the weight.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #5,567 of 9,829
Oh Ken, I can't be buying another Andromeda... Not only it sounds better, it looks better as well... Argh.... Look at what you are doing to us...

Skye,

Sorry about that :imp:

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 11, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #5,568 of 9,829
haha, what comes around comes around.

My original plan is to get The Andromeda and be happy with it for a year or two.

And then when CA decides to come out with the successor/new flagship, maybe I jump ship then..

I don't know what CA stance on hybrid IEMs, but I found the Andro's mid very good sounding.

Imagine, if you have a DD driving the lows while having newer better driver to replace the old BA driver in mids and high, but keeps the tuning in check, that would be a dream.

Like I said, The mids already sounds very good, I wonder how Ken makes this even better? that will be interesting.

Emptymt,
I think you psychic... :wink:

Ken

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #5,571 of 9,829
I hate to say this, especially I am an owner of the original Andromeda. The SS version is better sounding than normal version. Vocals, mids are clearly a notch up. Those wanting to purchase the Andromeda, go for the SS version.

How do you find the treble sparkle? Same as the regular Andromeda?

I already have the CK Pacific Blue edition, but this is so tempting if treble and bass is 100% the same as the regular with the mids up a notch better.

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #5,572 of 9,829
The successor to the Andromeda is becoming a hybrid? Or the successor is coming soon?:unamused:

I don't think it would happen unless KB found a way to keep Andromeda's amazing coherency with a hybrid design

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #5,573 of 9,829
How do you find the treble sparkle? Same as the regular Andromeda?

I already have the CK Pacific Blue edition, but this is so tempting if treble and bass is 100% the same as the regular with the mids up a notch better.

Unlike the previous poster, with the WM1Z I did not hear any noticeable change in the treble. I wished I had my AK with me when I was listening to it. Somehow or rather, my AK was able to really push the Andro on the higher frequencies.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #5,574 of 9,829
Unlike the previous poster, with the WM1Z I did not hear any noticeable change in the treble. I wished I had my AK with me when I was listening to it. Somehow or rather, my AK was able to really push the Andro on the higher frequencies.

Last question: Do you find the SS less hissy than original?

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #5,576 of 9,829
I don’t think i’m crazy or deaf, so there’s one way to figure this out...

Paging @crinacle to come down to Zeppelin sometime to take measurements of the two units I listened to

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #5,579 of 9,829
I don't think it would happen unless KB found a way to keep Andromeda's amazing coherency with a hybrid design

I'm pretty sure he could, other people has done it. But looks like it is difficult, hence the crazy price.

I think if he really wanted it, it will happen.

I hope things will stay sensible with CA when that happen.

This could also be something entirely different than the Andro that we know.

Different casing will probably come into play too and that will make it look and feel different.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #5,580 of 9,829
When I was talking to him at CanJam NYC earlier this year the issue of pricing was discussed. He thought that some of the prices other manufacturers were asking for were too much and that he wasn't interested in competing with them at this price points.

So I think this new IEM will be priced reasonably, unlike some other TOTL IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back