Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 16, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #5,131 of 9,829
Jae, nice to see you again, here’s a picture of mine and they are about a year old now. Aluminium can be polished and it will look very much like polished stainless steel. Read somewhere hear the newer models are using stainless. Nice looking guitar you have there, looks like a Taylor
Whoa the nozzle still looks like polished steel!

Jun 17, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #5,133 of 9,829
I'm getting annoyed, I don't know if it's the mixing but the music is playing louder in one earbud than the other. I tried switching wires and getting the fit but nothing is working. Anyone know what I can do to fix it? MY OCD is driving me crazy knowing one side is louder than the other.

Jun 17, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #5,135 of 9,829
Try different sized tips for each ear. That was my problem.

Different sized ear canals. Drove me nuts
But even when I don't have any tips and just let them rest on my ear, it's louder on one side and I'm just confused. I did clean them right now and it did a better job but not entirely. I went through almost all my tips with no fix to it.

Worst all is no one else has a problem who tried it. I even switched L and R to the wrong ears and it is just that one part

Jun 17, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #5,136 of 9,829
But even when I don't have any tips and just let them rest on my ear, it's louder on one side and I'm just confused. I did clean them right now and it did a better job but not entirely. I went through almost all my tips with no fix to it.

Worst all is no one else has a problem who tried it. I even switched L and R to the wrong ears and it is just that one part

Send it back to check. These things are real.

When I received some Etymotic earphones way back, the left volume was much higher than the right. Sent it back and they found out it was a transducer failure and sent me new units.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #5,138 of 9,829
I
I'm getting annoyed, I don't know if it's the mixing but the music is playing louder in one earbud than the other. I tried switching wires and getting the fit but nothing is working. Anyone know what I can do to fix it? MY OCD is driving me crazy knowing one side is louder than the other.

Is it subtle the difference in volume? I had swimmers ear when I was younger and ever since putting drops in my right ear my right ear can hear a lot better lol. I didnt realize until I purchased many headphones from frys electronics only to exchange them due to faulty left side when in reality my right ear just hears better. Wasnt until recently it kind of dawned on me. It still makes me paranoid that my gear isnt working the way it should

Jun 17, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #5,139 of 9,829
I

Is it subtle the difference in volume? I had swimmers ear when I was younger and ever since putting drops in my right ear my right ear can hear a lot better lol. I didnt realize until I purchased many headphones from frys electronics only to exchange them due to faulty left side when in reality my right ear just hears better. Wasnt until recently it kind of dawned on me. It still makes me paranoid that my gear isnt working the way it should

No, I don't think so. I hear the vocals dominantly in my right ear and gently hear the beat and details to my left but no vocals.

Its like something is capping or not allowing jt to reach full power

I have the orions and while the detail is obviously different, it is balanced and I feel it reaching my ears and my brain as a collective

Jun 17, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #5,140 of 9,829
Try Norah Jones ‘come away with me’ it is quite a balanced track.

If you have a device with a L/R balance slider / try that also.

You could also download a spl meter app for your smartphone and stick the iem against the mic and test it.

Jun 18, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #5,141 of 9,829
Hm, anyone listened to both the Andromedas and the AKG N5005?

I'm trying to decide between the two as my next purchase. I've listened the N5005 and it's quite good (very reference life-like sound). I unfortunately do not have the chance to listen to the Andromedas as we do not have a local retailer here.

My sources are Cayin N5ii + TIDAL. Other earphones are Empire Ears Bravado and ER4SR.

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #5,142 of 9,829
Hm, anyone listened to both the Andromedas and the AKG N5005?

I'm trying to decide between the two as my next purchase. I've listened the N5005 and it's quite good (very reference life-like sound). I unfortunately do not have the chance to listen to the Andromedas as we do not have a local retailer here.

My sources are Cayin N5ii + TIDAL. Other earphones are Empire Ears Bravado and ER4SR.
@Colors I have The Andromeda and the Bravado and I could live with either for the long run. I took your comment about getting a pure silver cable to pair with the Bravado and like the results( Norne audio Therium). They are different enough and get equal playing time. The Bass on the Bravado is addicting and the top end of the Andromeda is special. I use mostly Sony ZX300 balanced on both. Depending on which you listen to first, you'll think this sounds better and when you switch to the other you'll think no this is better. Andromeda is definitely clearer or less veiled but it dosen't make the Bravado sound like a lesser IEM just different. At this time I have no desire to upgrade from either.

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #5,143 of 9,829
@Colors I have The Andromeda and the Bravado and I could live with either for the long run. I took your comment about getting a pure silver cable to pair with the Bravado and like the results( Norne audio Therium). They are different enough and get equal playing time. The Bass on the Bravado is addicting and the top end of the Andromeda is special. I use mostly Sony ZX300 balanced on both. Depending on which you listen to first, you'll think this sounds better and when you switch to the other you'll think no this is better. Andromeda is definitely clearer or less veiled but it dosen't make the Bravado sound like a lesser IEM just different. At this time I have no desire to upgrade from either.

You have me sold! I always thought the top end of the Bravado was sometimes lacking (which the sub-bass more than makes up for). It seems the Andromedas’ famous sparkly highs would complement it well. I also have the ER4SR to bridge the gap between the two.

I’m glad you like a pure silver cable with the Bravado. Really improves on its weaknesses and refines its strength (bass).

Edit: whoops. Misread. You’re already using balanced :)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #5,144 of 9,829
Just got the Andromedas. I hope it lives up to the hype or I’m returning and maybe getting a AKG N5005. Hoping this is end game for me and I don’t need anymore gear :floatsmile:

I’m also going to pair the Andromedas with this pure silver cable I have :) I have a MMCX version.

F10DFA9B-7ED7-4F7E-B2B6-7A0A12F7AA5D.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C9710BA-B109-4F1A-BBF1-1D9EC8C32F9D.jpeg
    7C9710BA-B109-4F1A-BBF1-1D9EC8C32F9D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #5,145 of 9,829
Just got the Andromedas. I hope it lives up to the hype or I’m returning and maybe getting a AKG N5005. Hoping this is end game for me and I don’t need anymore gear :floatsmile:

I’m also going to pair the Andromedas with this pure silver cable I have :) I have a MMCX version.

I just got my pair from @Audiophonicalistic and had the Andromeda and n5005 as my two finalists as well.

Definitely going to need a couple of days of brain burn in with these... The placement, separation and detail is quite unique versus everything I've tried up to this point. Honestly my closest pair was the brainwavz b400. Please let me know how that cable pairing works (silver-wise), right now I'm using a 30 dollar balanced fiio cable, but need to look at better pairings long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back