Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 12, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #4,576 of 9,829
SE - I would personally choose THE QP1R; for Balanced I’d pick the QP2R. Your favorite smartphone can possibly do the job and/or attaching your favorite DAC/amp such as the REI may produce a possible thoroughly satisfying sound. :man_dancing:(Imagine a dark-skinned Disco Stu)

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #4,578 of 9,829
Great to see you back @moedawg140 hope your well, look forward to reading future posts :ksc75smile:
Thanks for the kind words! I’ve got a strenuous long day tomorrow, but I’m looking to gain a bit more stability and mobility tomorrow - we shall see! I’m looking forward to writing/posting more as hopefully the years go on!

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #4,580 of 9,829
Nov 13, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #4,581 of 9,829
Hello guys, i just got my Andromeda paired with AK Kann. But the hissing a bit prominent. Will changing the cable eliminate the hissing? Im eyeing on CB13.

Nov 13, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #4,582 of 9,829
Hello guys, i just got my Andromeda paired with AK Kann. But the hissing a bit prominent. Will changing the cable eliminate the hissing? Im eyeing on CB13.
Maybe? I'd try and demo it first though as its entirely going to be based on how much the cable affects the impedance. Depending on the player the balanced output may provide less hiss, iFi also makes an interconnect thing that's meant to reduce hiss but I haven't tried it and have know idea how well it works.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #4,585 of 9,829
Im going to purchase ifi iematch and earbuddy. Lets see how those works.

The earbuds is just a watered down version of the IEMatch without the two different high and ultra settings, and no option to move between SE and balanced (although that only works if you use the Hifiman style 3.5mm balanced connectors). Check out the earbuddy thread on here to get the exact difference, but if you are buying the IEMatch there is no need to get the earbuddy as well.

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #4,586 of 9,829
The earbuds is just a watered down version of the IEMatch without the two different high and ultra settings, and no option to move between SE and balanced (although that only works if you use the Hifiman style 3.5mm balanced connectors). Check out the earbuddy thread on here to get the exact difference, but if you are buying the IEMatch there is no need to get the earbuddy as well.

Thank you for the heads up! I read somewhere in this thread, the iematch makes the andromeda sounds less good. But one man can try i guess.

I tried supplied cable from aurisonics harmony, the hiss is still there, so changing the cable is no go.

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #4,587 of 9,829
Thank you for the heads up! I read somewhere in this thread, the iematch makes the andromeda sounds less good. But one man can try i guess.

I tried supplied cable from aurisonics harmony, the hiss is still there, so changing the cable is no go.

I've tried the IEMatch with the Andro and it does cut down on hiss - the output impedance of the IEMatch is a little over 1 ohm (from memory), so it will tweak the Andro signature slightly compared to a really low output impedance DAP or a higher impedance source like an iPhone. The Andro is so sensitive to changes in OI it may even sound the same if it matches whatever you are currently using to drive it, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #4,588 of 9,829
My long overdue Campfire Vega review:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-vega.21893/reviews#review-19457
20171117_064908.jpg

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #4,589 of 9,829
I read your review. Kinda makes sense at lower volumes Andro works out or anything with a bit of boost on the lows and the highs as we are less sensitive to those regions ar low volumes. So in essense, the frequency response and your ear sensitivity of bass changes significantly and trble to less degree. So, is a neutral looking frquency response neutral to your ears at the particular volume level you set it as. I notice some people listen at abnoxiously loud volumes. Those people would need less bass and treble.

Anyway, people generally love bass, and good quality bass is what makes it more enjoyable vs bloated, muddy bass. I love listening to bass out of my HE1000. Not too forward or too much, but feel the rumble. Never heard anything like that. Low level bass with rumble, perhaps it extends deeper than I heard before with not being so forward midbass. Midbass tend to give a punchy experience, which I don't like too much off. I like not so forward, a bit mild, balanced response for easy listening. Listening should be comfy and enjoyable experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back