Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 29, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #4,548 of 9,829
http://www.stereosound.co.jp/news/article/2017/10/27/62048.html

200 pcs only ... japan only :p

news_171027_campfireaudio_01.jpg

I really wish you hadn’t posted that. If the audio gods align, they will be on their way to me shortly :stuck_out_tongue:

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #4,549 of 9,829
new color variation again lol~ Nice.

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #4,550 of 9,829
does anyone happen to have any experience with the andromedas paired with ipod touch (6g) and the centrance HifI-skyn?

I am looking at picking up a pair of IEM's and the andromedas and vega have caught my eye. But, since my only experience with high quality phones is with a pair of hd650's, i am a little unsure of what best to pair with them.

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #4,551 of 9,829
I have the Hifi-Skyn and the DACportable which CEtrance says is basically a Hifi skyn in a smaller package.

I reviewed both, but see my sig for the DACportable review which mentions pairing with Andromeda and ipod 6G

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #4,552 of 9,829
thank you for the link! I have actually been reading a lot of your reviews recently, i guess i just missed the part about you using the skyn with the andromedas. The only thing i was worried about was the hissing that a lot of people bemoan, but it seems like, from your review, that it isn't much of an issue.

I am placing my order now for everything. Thank you so much for your insight.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,553 of 9,829
Hiss is cause the IEM is sensitive.

The hiss does not come from the IEM but the source, but of cause some people blames the hiss to the IEM being too sensitive.

Hiss don't normally affect your listening experience. It's minimum, unless it's recorded hiss in the audio files itself.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #4,554 of 9,829
thank you for the link! I have actually been reading a lot of your reviews recently, i guess i just missed the part about you using the skyn with the andromedas. The only thing i was worried about was the hissing that a lot of people bemoan, but it seems like, from your review, that it isn't much of an issue.

I am placing my order now for everything. Thank you so much for your insight.
Do note in my earlier comment I tested the Andromeda with the DACportable, and directed you to that review.
Not with the Skyn review.

I can dig out the Skyn and try for you
If you want.

Nov 2, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #4,555 of 9,829
Do note in my earlier comment I tested the Andromeda with the DACportable, and directed you to that review.
Not with the Skyn review.

I can dig out the Skyn and try for you
If you want.

My apologies, I was referencing your review of the andromedas were you mentioned that most of your testing was done with the skyn. After also reading your reviews of the skyn and dacportable, I am comfortable with going with centrances offerings.

Now I just have to decide between the Vegas and the andromedas. I was pretty set on the andromedas but after reading your review of the Vegas, on top of a few other reviews, I am back to weighing my options.

From everything I've read though, I'm pretty sure I can't go wrong with either choice. I just need to decide on what sound signature I am after.

Once again, Thank you for your reviews. As a relative newcomer to the high end audio world, your thoughts on the skyn and the two campfire offerings have made it much easier to understand what I will be getting with this kind of setup.

I do have one question though. In your Vega review you stated, when comparing the Andromeda and Vega while using the skyn, that the Vega were "plug in and forget". Would you mind expanding on what you mean by that?

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #4,556 of 9,829
DUnno.

Memory is a hazy thing :)

I guess ‘plug and forget’ means its a good match that i could stop looking for weak points in each item and just enjoy the music.

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #4,560 of 9,829
Wait, really? Where did you see this? ALO's site still lists it as in stock; if this is true, for those who are looking to get one, better get on that.

Are you sure? They are no longer listed on their site: https://campfireaudio.com/
Also, spoke to an authorized dealer who is clearing stock and he said they didnt really tell them anything but they aren’t available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back