Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4,516 of 9,829
Has anyone bought pouches (similar to the red ones that come with the Vega and other models) to store their andromeda in while they're in the case?
I don't like the case that comes with the Adro. The zipper is really tough to zip and the inside material surface I really dislike. They should have opted for something simple like the ones people carry earbuds around with or UE Triple Fi case.

images
Mini-Storage-Hard-Bag-font-b-Case-b-font-Holder-For-SD-TF-Card-font-b.jpg
ultimate-ears-ue-4-pro-case_r4fy.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #4,519 of 9,829
Out of the box, Comply type tips has the ideal sound bore diameter for the best sound. I think it's the best out of the box.

Spiral Dots arn't ideal IMO due to the larger bore diameter.

Waiting for my Symbio Manderines, and will let you all know how they fare.

I was looking at the Symbio. Keep me posted!

I bought some on Amazon, they work just fine. Now I have the Ibasso CB13 cable and it’s too bulky to use the pouches at the same time. The cable is so thick, it stops any movement within the case. So far, no scratches

Okay sounds good. I’m going to pick some up. I love the ones that are included with the Vega.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4,520 of 9,829
I use the case that came with my shozy Zero.
I usually carry two of these cases and four to five iems in them. Or three to four iems and extra cables.
Lots of space and a hard shell,
Also lightweight.

The little red bags rubbed some color on one of my Litz cables.
So I dont use them now.

Tips. Personal preference rules here in term of fit, comfort, sound signature wanted, isolation and proper seal.
Everyones ears are different. Sometimes even the left and right ear canals where one has to use two different sizes.

For Andromeda/Jupiter/Nova I use JVC spiral tips.

For Vega, Lyra ii, Dorado I usually use Symbio Mandarines W. sometimes I may use JVC ST on the Vegas.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #4,521 of 9,829
I finally got the Symbio Manderine Wide tips. It took 20 days for it to arrive from Hungary! My initial impression of it is of course sounding brighter than the stock foam tips. It seems the stock foam recesses the SPL a bit in comparison. It does generally sound louder than the foam, and the tonality is toward the more analytical tinny side with certain recordings(modern poppy genre, but this is common outcomes), but sound is tighter, and more detailed. Also, depending on the source, foam seems to absorb sibilance in comparision. Looks like same bore diameter as the stock foam tips. The fit is very very good, the best fit I've ever experienced with tips. Different from Sony isolation hybrids(with foam behind) as the foam on the manderines seem like comply type material, more shapely, malleable, unlike any tips I've used before. I like it.

20171026_200549.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #4,524 of 9,829
Is Andromeda sensitive to cables? I'm looking for a cable upgrade, anyone have a good pairing recommendation?

A good cable upgrade will give Andro energy/power compared to the default cable's smooth sound.

Depends on your perference you can choose copper, silver, copper silver hybrids, gold plated copper/silver cables.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #4,525 of 9,829
A good cable upgrade will give Andro energy/power compared to the default cable's smooth sound.

Depends on your preference you can choose copper, silver, copper silver hybrids, gold plated copper/silver cables.
I think Symbio tips do that in comparison to foam(being smoother). It sounds more detailed. Not sure if it's everybody's cup of tea as it elevates sibilance a bit with recordings that has it, and a bit of the tonality. But, quality recordings sound better with more nuances heard of the recordings. I think foam drowns out details a bit or smooths things. Sound has more tonal depth.

My ears are adjusting to the sound of the tips, and I'm preferring it. I guess I was on foams too long, and my ears are adjusting to the Symbio W. It's definitely worth trying compared to Spiral Dots. I wouldn't recommend Spiral Dots. The bore is a bit wider, and due to this, doesn't sound as good.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #4,526 of 9,829
Is there a big upgrade buying the official reference cable of the Andromeda? Or is it a waste of money?

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #4,528 of 9,829

Depends on your perference you can choose copper, silver, copper silver hybrids, gold plated copper/silver cables.
Careful. I was scolded by a mod in another thread for even suggesting that a cable of similar resistance may change the sound. This was not in the proof required sound science forum.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #4,529 of 9,829
Is there a big upgrade buying the official reference cable of the Andromeda? Or is it a waste of money?

Technically the andromeda already comes with an upgraded cable at least compared to the stock cables most companies provide.

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #4,530 of 9,829
I tried wearing the symbio w for a day at the office and they weren't for me, turns out that medium is too small to get a seal and they were basically on the verge of falling out of my ears whereas large is far too large for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back