Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 10, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,501 of 9,829
I am mostly using JVC spiral tips / Spin fit tips. Both M size. Changing between them from time to time. Both of them offers the best sound isolation and best fit for me.

Oct 14, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #4,502 of 9,829
Oct 14, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #4,503 of 9,829
I heard the Empire Ears Zeus recently and didn't think it was worth the extra $ over Andromeda.

Has anyone actually found a worthwhile upgrade from the Andromeda, universals not CIEM. Is Tia Fourte the only clear step up?

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #4,504 of 9,829
I heard the Empire Ears Zeus recently and didn't think it was worth the extra $ over Andromeda.

Has anyone actually found a worthwhile upgrade from the Andromeda, universals not CIEM. Is Tia Fourte the only clear step up?

I was looking for an CIEM after Andromeda. I came across a lot of TOTL including Zeus / Arthur, Noble Encore/Katana, A18, AWW900, Tia Fourte. IMO, the Zeus is an upgrade from the Andromeda as it definitely has a higher detail/resolution. However, the upgrade was not to a point that makes me decide to make it as a CIEM given that I already own the Andromeda. Since then I encounter the A18 M20 /M15 and Tia Fourte. I would say the A18 with the M15 is the most similar in sound signature with the Andromeda on a 2-3 output impedance, but with a very noticeable upgrade in terms of detail ,resolution, separation and wider soundstage. While using the M20 module gives a stronger bass response that hits hard with texture while maintaining the speed. The Tia Fourte gives a louder and stronger bass that is very fast compared to the A18 and also a little more treble. The mid and high from the Fourte is some how similar in signature with the Andro, but present in a much high quality. The bass on the fourte is much better than the Andro.

If the Fourte is offered in a CIEM version, I would opt for the Fourte. However, the A18 is also a substantial step-up from the Andromeda and I am willing to get the A18 given that I already own the Andromeda.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #4,505 of 9,829
SP1000 has arrived and I am interested in the output impedance of the balanced output. Official data stated that the SP1000 balanced output has 1 output Z. The DP-S1 and DP-X1 single end has 0.5, and I assume the balanced is double which is 1 output Z.
As we know the Andromeda is EXTREMELY sensitive to output impedance. Higher Z it sounds thinner and vice versa. Based on my listening impression is as follows, from the thinnest to the least.

(Thinnest) DP-X1 balanced >>> DP-S1 balanced > SP1000 balanced >>> DP-S1 single end > mojo

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #4,506 of 9,829
Not really sure where else to ask this so I guess I'll give it a shot here, if this isn't the place then can a mod delete this? What would be the next thing closest sounding to the Andromeda? Essentially what I'm asking for is the Andromeda in a more comfortable shell. I'm fine with any company and my budget is rather flexible. Something universal also, any suggestions?

I had to sell mine due to fit issues and I miss them like crazy. XD. I bought the Vega's and while I am very impressed I'm just finding myself missing the sound signature of the Andros.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,507 of 9,829
I really hope the stock case for the Andromeda is slightly bigger. It cants fit any of my custom cables..........

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,508 of 9,829
The andromeda case is tiny, even just upgrading to the stiffer ref8 cable makes it a tight fit

Next on my tip rolling were Comply's comfort and isolation tips. Comfort were the more comfortable of the two but as expected from foam tips you lose a lot of the Andromeda's beloved treble whilst the bass is boosted a bit. I did buy the wax guard version though which comes with a mesh, and some people remark that this mesh does alter the sound but it's relatively difficult to find the meshless version of the comfort in large in Europe

Has anyone tried the Sony Hybrids with the Andromedas?

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #4,509 of 9,829
The andromeda case is tiny, even just upgrading to the stiffer ref8 cable makes it a tight fit

Next on my tip rolling were Comply's comfort and isolation tips. Comfort were the more comfortable of the two but as expected from foam tips you lose a lot of the Andromeda's beloved treble whilst the bass is boosted a bit. I did buy the wax guard version though which comes with a mesh, and some people remark that this mesh does alter the sound but it's relatively difficult to find the meshless version of the comfort in large in Europe

Has anyone tried the Sony Hybrids with the Andromedas?

Just go for Symbio MandarinEs W tips

Oct 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #4,512 of 9,829
Not really sure where else to ask this so I guess I'll give it a shot here, if this isn't the place then can a mod delete this? What would be the next thing closest sounding to the Andromeda? Essentially what I'm asking for is the Andromeda in a more comfortable shell. I'm fine with any company and my budget is rather flexible. Something universal also, any suggestions?

I had to sell mine due to fit issues and I miss them like crazy. XD. I bought the Vega's and while I am very impressed I'm just finding myself missing the sound signature of the Andros.
InEar Profile-8. Look into it. People make comparison to it. I had a short audition, and to me it didn't sound better, but less weightly sound(less warm) with more emphasis on the treble. I really need to more time to get a definitive opinion on which one has the better technical ability.

Profile-8 has a rounded shell, so it probably fits what you are looking for. It's a general ear shape fit close to customs.

title-3.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #4,513 of 9,829
InEar Profile-8. Look into it. People make comparison to it. I had a short audition, and to me it didn't sound better, but less weightly sound(less warm) with more emphasis on the treble. I really need to more time to get a definitive opinion on which one has the better technical ability.

Profile-8 has a rounded shell, so it probably fits what you are looking for. It's a general ear shape fit close to customs.

title-3.jpg

Appreciate the response. Since I made that post I s really rebought the Andromeda and experimented with some tips that helped a lot. I was using small comply in my left ear and I believe they were too small so the shell wasn’t sitting right. Moved to medium now and it’s significanfly better!

Oct 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #4,514 of 9,829
Out of the box, Comply type tips has the ideal sound bore diameter for the best sound. I think it's the best out of the box.

Spiral Dots arn't ideal IMO due to the larger bore diameter.

Waiting for my Symbio Manderines, and will let you all know how they fare.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #4,515 of 9,829
Has anyone bought pouches (similar to the red ones that come with the Vega and other models) to store their andromeda in while they're in the case?
I bought some on Amazon, they work just fine. Now I have the Ibasso CB13 cable and it’s too bulky to use the pouches at the same time. The cable is so thick, it stops any movement within the case. So far, no scratches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back