Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 25, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #4,471 of 9,829
Complys come in sealed bags. My foam came attached to the phones. Not really sure how you can be sure it's a Comply if not bagged. I have 3 other versions of Complys on hand and they all have a more open foam. I don't have them with at the moment to take a pick but the opening and foam looks more like these which are definitely not Comply.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #4,472 of 9,829
Complys come in sealed bags. My foam came attached to the phones. Not really sure how you can be sure it's a Comply if not bagged. I have 3 other versions of Complys on hand and they all have a more open foam. I don't have them with at the moment to take a pick but the opening and foam looks more like these which are definitely not Comply.
s-l1600.jpg
I had the same ones. They are not Comply definitely.
They are "softer".
And you can buy them on the Campfire website: https://campfireaudio.com/shop/foam-tips/

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #4,474 of 9,829
hey anyone have a solution for condensation for Andromeda.

once in a while, condensation will enter a hole in Andromeda. it will reduce volume of one earpiece. I almost thought one of drivers died.

I put a silicon absorbant bag into case. It was back to normal after a while.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #4,475 of 9,829
I also encounter the issue of condensation. I usually just take the ear tips off and clean them off. I also let them sit in the air-con for most of the time at Office. I also have a few packets of Silica gel handy. I also got a humid protection case (those for keeping camera gears)at home that regulates humidity. You may also get something like this 1-1.gif

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #4,476 of 9,829
hey anyone have a solution for condensation for Andromeda.

once in a while, condensation will enter a hole in Andromeda. it will reduce volume of one earpiece. I almost thought one of drivers died.

I put a silicon absorbant bag into case. It was back to normal after a while.

I encountered that once, one side sound softer than the other.

So far i only put each individually in a small cotton pouch and each have a pack of silica gel inside.

So far never happened to me again.

54c9747317a53_-_silica_packet_0410-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #4,478 of 9,829
They don't sound like Comply so they are not. I prefer them on things I've used so far.
They are pretty much complies without the branding that's what I'm saying. When you refer to foam generally what I think of is the ER4 foam.
That's like saying all silicone tips are the same. They definitely don't sound like Comply or Shure olives (closer). If the tips are open, those ER4 tips you pointed to as being different actually sound closer to Complies than these do. The ER4 tip shape is more different but porosity similar.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #4,479 of 9,829
Here are some measured responses showing the differing responses due to varying output impedance from headflux.de

Campfire-Audio-Andromeda-web.jpg

From Headflux:

Likewise, the Inear responds to the output impedance of the source device. The above figure shows how the Andromeda reacts to different output impedances. The upper yellow line shows the Inear at a 0 Ohm output, which accordingly does not cause unwanted deviations of the frequency response. Below are outputs with 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 Ohm. So it can be seen that the Andromeda sounds with increasing output impedance of the player, amplifier etc. increasingly brighter. Our recommendation is a playback device with an output impedance of max. 0.5 Ohm - higher values cause changes in the frequency response of more than 1 dB, which can significantly alter the sound of the Inears.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #4,480 of 9,829
Pin Badge from the giveaway~
Thanks Campfire Audio !

IMG_20171003_091538_742.jpg

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #4,482 of 9,829
Here are some measured responses showing the differing responses due to varying output impedance from headflux.de

From Headflux:

Likewise, the Inear responds to the output impedance of the source device. The above figure shows how the Andromeda reacts to different output impedances. The upper yellow line shows the Inear at a 0 Ohm output, which accordingly does not cause unwanted deviations of the frequency response. Below are outputs with 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 Ohm. So it can be seen that the Andromeda sounds with increasing output impedance of the player, amplifier etc. increasingly brighter. Our recommendation is a playback device with an output impedance of max. 0.5 Ohm - higher values cause changes in the frequency response of more than 1 dB, which can significantly alter the sound of the Inears.
If you prefer the response as delivered. If you want a more neutral response you can use this info and increase output impedance up to 4.7 ohms for that sig instead. It's kinda neat how the bass stays linear from 200 down and you don't lose it's balance as you do this or when using devices with higher Z.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #4,483 of 9,829
Listening with the Andro + Mojo pair, with near zero output Z, the sound more signature reminds me about the VE8. Interesting.

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #4,484 of 9,829
Listening with the Andro + Mojo pair, with near zero output Z, the sound more signature reminds me about the VE8. Interesting.
Campfire-Audio-Andromeda-vs-Vision-Ears-VE8-web.png

(Measurements done at 0.1 ohm)
Indeed they're not too different especially in terms of bass and lower midrange. The VE8's upper midrange is more neutral though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back