Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #4,442 of 9,829
The Andro really requires a hell lot of effort in paring a DAP. The degree of sensitivity sometimes become a flaw of these earphones. While I am listening on the Andro balanced on Onyko DP-S1 it sounded great. Then I wanted to share the great sounding of the Andro to my friend. He turned on the same song from his DAP, Onyko DP-X1 balanced. However, it sounded extremely thin and with very noticeable treble sibilance, it sounded just like playing a song from an old smartphone speaker. I then suggested him to listen the same song on my Onyko DP-S1 and it sounded perfectly good. I transfed my Flac file to his player to make sure it is not the problem from his cd rip. Even DAP from the same brand and same product lineup with very similar specs and design could make such a big difference on the Andro....

Yup, she is a picky one. I paired the Andromeda straight out the Shanling M2s which has an output impedance of 4.8 ohm and it sounds like crap. However, through the Shanling M1 with output impedance of 0.1 it sounds beautiful.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4,444 of 9,829
Yeah. I need the bass. I prefer a v shape sound I guess.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #4,445 of 9,829
Sony WM1A give Andro better Bass.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #4,446 of 9,829
Sep 23, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #4,447 of 9,829
Sony WM1A give Andro better Bass.

A cheap solution for better bass is using the $9 usb DAC from Apple instead of using the headphone jack from the iPhone. It doesn’t sound bad imo for $9.

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #4,448 of 9,829
A cheap solution for better bass is using the $9 usb DAC from Apple instead of using the headphone jack from the iPhone. It doesn’t sound bad imo for $9.
Too bad the iPhone has no headphone jack, no option to play with a different ouput Z. The only solution is to use lighting to dac such as firefly.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #4,449 of 9,829
I recently got the Spiral Dots, and I got to say, I like the slot for the iem sound tubing notch that keeps the tips in place. Although the fit is perfect with the ML size, the sound is pretty much the same as the silicon wide bore tips that comes with the iems that is more flabby in material than stiffer Spiral Dots silicones. What I've been using the whole time that sounded great to me was the KZ KS5 large star tips. They have a narrower bore than the Spiral Dots, but doesn't cover up the 3 sound outlets.

20170923_104221.jpg

Spiral Dots on Left, and KZ ZS5 star tips on right for comparison(notice the bore size differences). Although the ZS5 star tips sound better to me, the problem it, it doesn't have notches to keep the tips in place when pulling out the iems. It's quite annoying having to pull the tips out of my ears every time. The widest bore does sound brighter in the lower treble area, and the star tips just sounds better, and I think it's the ideal bore diameter for non-narrow bore iems in general.

20170923_103904.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #4,452 of 9,829
I am so used to silicon tips which has a huge wide soundstage.

So narrow bores change the sound to have a tunneling sound especially longer stump tips.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #4,454 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back