Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #4,594 of 9,829
Why is CA offering the holiday white color only in the Andromeda b-stock ? I guess it doesn't make sense to me that they only made aesthetically flawed versions of this particular special edition color? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think I've ever seen an Andromeda outside of the original green color on the ALO or CA websites.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #4,598 of 9,829
If people can breakout their multimeter, and tell us the impedance values of various cables they have, that would be great!
Stock cable is 0.4 ohms of resistance on each leg. If you're looking for total resistance to an iem, you need to add the positive and negative legs together so 0.8 ohms is about right. I think many just measure the positive and give that # which is incorrect. Also, if you have a meter, check the resistance in the measuring device/cables before testing the IEM cable to derive an accurate #. I personally don't like to call that cable 'impedance' and leave it as resistance but to each his own. :L3000: If you measure the resistance of a 75 ohm impedance video or digital cable, the #s have nothing in common. The cable stays 75 ohms impedance regardless of length while the resistance can change significantly.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #4,600 of 9,829
I can also say that their B stock units are near mint condition. The flaws are VERY difficult to point out, as was my experience when I bought a b-stock jupiter back in the summer.

Campfire has really high standards.

I just pulled the trigger for the white andros as well.

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #4,603 of 9,829
Currently using Westone W40. Opinions if I should pull the trigger on upgrading?

W40 is dark. Same with W60. The W30 is the most neutral from my experience. I had all the Wx0 lineup at some point years ago. I miss how comfortable they are, the most ergonomic IEM I've ever had. But Andro will make the W40 seem veiled and bloated. It will be like a splash of cold water after walking thru the desert. Andro treble extension is miles ahead and overall clarity + resolution improved across all frequencies. Bass quantity will drop a bit, W40 has more visceral impact but also sloppier in texture, Andro bass quality is much cleaner and tighter. One of the biggest changes will also be soundstage which is nearly nonexistent in Westone but Andro has in spades both horizontally and vertically, very holographic sound.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #4,604 of 9,829
Currently using Westone W40. Opinions if I should pull the trigger on upgrading?
I personally would. The Andromeda in my opinion is one, if not, my favorite sounding in-ears that I currently own. :slight_smile:

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #4,605 of 9,829
Finally pulled the trigger on Andros!

Quick question: I'm about to buy a DAP as well (Sony zx300 or WM1a), so I'd appreciate if anyone could give me some insight on balanced output on these.

First of all, is there a significant difference compared to SE on these devices with Andros?

If there is, which cable would you suggest below 100 $? I'm eyeing the Meeaudio set or the ALO balanced Litz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back