Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 23, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #4,351 of 9,829
At this point of my listening section with my Andromeda, I think all I am doing is pairing the output impedance of the amp alone and ignoring the DAC...

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #4,352 of 9,829
Just bring your laptop to the shop. They have tones of dac and amp combo there. Most shop also provides Macbook Pros connected to their dac/amp, just bring in a thumb drive with your songs are fine. Akiba is the best to trying highend headphone, second best is Nakano

My current set up is mobile based using a portable USB dac, and I image that most of their gear probably wouldn't be suited for micro usb otg disc usage

I decided to bring my idsd black label anyways as it's only 300g. I also had a look at the price of the ALO audio reference 8 cable but it seems that it's even more expensive than just importing it directly from Alo... I'll probably see if they have a second hand one on sale otherwise I'll plan to import it

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #4,353 of 9,829
My current set up is mobile based using a portable USB dac, and I image that most of their gear probably wouldn't be suited for micro usb otg disc usage

I decided to bring my idsd black label anyways as it's only 300g. I also had a look at the price of the ALO audio reference 8 cable but it seems that it's even more expensive than just importing it directly from Alo... I'll probably see if they have a second hand one on sale otherwise I'll plan to import it
You could try the Ibasso CB13 cable, I use this with the Andromeda/DX200. Excellent combination and it's a bit cheaper than the Ref 8 !!!

Aug 23, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #4,354 of 9,829

Wait until you can buy it from your local guys. If you don't, he's less likely to be there the next time you want to listen to something. Dealers that sell into other established market are... umm, not doing it right.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #4,358 of 9,829
Happy listening. :L3000:
Thanks!!! They fit my listening preferences completely! excel my expectations
Listening to some classical works! They are more than what I dreamed of. Going to an entire Puccini Tosca and definitely go through some folk instrumentals.
20170823_174533.jpg

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #4,359 of 9,829
It has good extension, and can be noticed on the detail retrieval. More or less neutral sound, and may get a bit dry for those looking for more liquidy sound sig. Not for people into laid-back sound sig either, it's on the aggressive side. but technically, it's a really good iem. The mid treble reminds me of SE846(a bit on the thicker side), and the forwardness similar to the HD800(this is why I said earlier it would fit for those like the HD800 without such a high 6k peak).

Ran into Ken's graph. The peak just bellow the 10k explains the forwardness, and the treble tonality on the tinny side(HD800 sounding), but the mids are quite well done(great mids are rare, and it's one of the best mids IMO). I wonder if he got some really good BA drivers as they sounds quality, really tight(don't expect warmth from these).

To me, they have overall signature similar to NT6 I've had before(so close to what I prefer), but the mid treble like I've said a bit on the thicker side, and a slight more forward. I recall NT6 having more of a sound definition, and UERM sounded less depth when switched over. Sound stage sounds correct(doesn't seems skewed or anything, rather large for a universal as UERM is narrower).

Very technically proficient sounding to my ears.

9272641.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #4,360 of 9,829
It has good extension, and can be noticed on the detail retrieval. More or less neutral sound, and may get a bit dry for those looking for more liquidy sound sig. Not for people into laid-back sound sig either, but technically, it's really good iem. The mid treble reminds me of SE826(a bit on the thicker side), and the forwardness similar to the HD800(this is why I said earlier it would fit for those like the HD800 without such high 6k peak).

Ran into Ken's graph. The peak just bellow the 10k explains the forwardness, and the high tonality on the tinny side(HD800 sounding), but the mids are quite well done. I wonder if he got some really good BA drivers as they sounds quality, really tight.

To me, they have overall signature to NT6 I've had before(so close to what I prefer), but the mid treble like I've said a bit on the thicker side, and a bit more forward. I recall NT6 having more of a sound difinition, and UERM sounded less depth when switched over. Sound stage sounds correct(doesn't seems skewed or anything, rather large for a universal as UERM is narrower).

Very technically proficient sounding to my ears.

9272641.jpg
Thanks for the graph and insight. Really neat! I noticed the Nova is listed also on the top of graph.

I'm also going to want to know about CA BA drivers. Are they made in house? or bought and tuned?

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #4,361 of 9,829
I'm also going to want to know about CA BA drivers. Are they made in house? or bought and tuned?
I don't know, but the drivers in these seem high quality when I listen. I will also add that clarity and separation is very high on these(another reason for similarity to NT6). This is why I think it's very technically proficient iem.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #4,362 of 9,829
I don't know, but the drivers in these seem high quality when I listen. I will also add that clarity and separation is very high on these(another reason for similarity to NT6). This is why I think it's very technically proficient iem.
I'm listening to ambient and I keep hearing things thinking someone is there.

Can be scary when listening alone at night. A lot of vocals male and female sound so good!

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #4,364 of 9,829
I'm listening to ambient and I keep hearing things thinking someone is there.

Can be scary when listening alone at night. A lot of vocals male and female sound so good!
I think if you use the stock silicone wide bore tips, vocals are going to sound very intimate. Everything sounds very close, and IMO it doesn't sound right. It provides more of in the head effect.

I think the bore should be narrowed down slightly, and imaging get's much better. I use a set of tips from another iem, and sound is most optimal out of it. Tips provide such a drastic difference.

If you are not getting the right fit with the right tips, you are not getting the optimal experience.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #4,365 of 9,829
I think if you use the stock silicone wide bore tips, vocals are going to sound very intimate. Everything sounds very close, and IMO it doesn't sound right.

I think the bore should be narrowed down slightly, and imaging get's much better. I use a set of tips from another iem, and sound is most optimal out of it. Tips provide such a drastic difference.

If you are not getting the right fit with the right tips, you are not getting the optimal experience.
I'm using Spiral Dots right now, it's ML version. I do get a complete seal. Even if I'm eating or moving around :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back