Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 26, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #4,381 of 9,829
Thanks, I will see how my gear can add up to that output impedance. Does output impedance simply add up? Like my amp gives output Z of 1, then I pop in a iFi iematch with 2.5. Does that makes an output z of 3.5?

Currently, I only own the ifi ieMatch that gives 2.5 output impedance. It seems that I can't find any other impedance resistor that gives around 2-5 output impedance as the shop that makes them says that the output impedance is so small and it is within a margin of error of making it.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #4,382 of 9,829
The IFI match may do more than it's claimed output impedance would imply as it's probably a resistor bridge and there can be other other effects to damping etc. If you're going to get particular, remember to add in the true output resistance of whatever is driving it and even then, ymmv. Some players just sound warmer than others regardless of load and is why the load resistance thing may be overstated. It's nice to have some references but really, it's fine as is and not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #4,383 of 9,829
Update. I got the 3.9 ohm resistors and built an adapter. With my QP1r which has a near 0 ohm output impedance (0.15), it's awesome. Just a touch warm sounding with a hair north of reference midbass but I actually prefer the overall balance of the mids.
DMxgIGILxX_phGm1iaYIW9Y9y6kwriDEVF40i5H1158

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #4,385 of 9,829
Update. I got the 3.9 ohm resistors and built an adapter. With my QP1r which has a near 0 ohm output impedance (0.15), it's awesome. Just a touch warm sounding with a hair north of reference midbass but I actually prefer the overall balance of the mids.
DMxgIGILxX_phGm1iaYIW9Y9y6kwriDEVF40i5H1158
I've been comparing a lot of earphones lately, and Andromeda would be consider on the warmer side. I find it has enough warmth especially on sub bass region which creates a bit of ambiance. At the same time, as a whole it doesn't fit the characteristics of a warm earphone. Bottom half is warm, but the upper half is on the colder side due to a bit of low treble lift. But as a whole close to good balance. It's one of the best tunes I've heard. No doubt it scales if you feed it good sources. It's revealing.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #4,386 of 9,829
Sep 4, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #4,387 of 9,829
I think the sig fits well for electronic genre lovers with slight lower treble lift with ample bass that reaches to sub, but more on the balanced side than V with good mids(which is quite important, which is not distant as with typical V sig).

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #4,389 of 9,829
Thanks!!! They fit my listening preferences completely! excel my expectations
Listening to some classical works! They are more than what I dreamed of. Going to an entire Puccini Tosca and definitely go through some folk instrumentals.

Lol dude you chage daps like i change underwear.

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #4,391 of 9,829
I currently own AKG K3003 (came from Sennheiser IE800). Will Andromeda be a substantial upgrade? How do these compare? Did anybody had the chance to listen to both?

I don't, but I was a long-time user of the IE800 before coming to the Andromedas. IME they're a pretty substantial upgrade.

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #4,394 of 9,829
In case you may have missed my review, here it is, if interested (also discusses the Snugs Only for the Andromeda): Campfire Audio Andromeda and Snugs Only - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-andromeda.21533/reviews#review-19120.

Awesome review moedawg140, since you already tried the campfire audio vegas could you tell me what are the main differences in sound signature between the andromedas and the vegas and what's your personal preference?
Thanks!

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #4,395 of 9,829
Awesome review moedawg140, since you already tried the campfire audio vegas could you tell me what are the main differences in sound signature between the andromedas and the vegas and what's your personal preference?
Thanks!
I would like to first thank you for posting your inquiries from Facebook to this thread, really appreciate it!

Thanks for the kind words as well!

I spent some time and addressed your questions and also added a full comparison to the Andromeda review, here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-andromeda.21533/reviews#review-19120

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back