1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. SilverEars
    It's not largely bassy, but the there are plenty of bass for sure(if you listen to tracks with bass) and does extend lower than the UERM, and it's pretty damn tight. I'd like to see decay graph on this iem, I'm guessing there will not be much decay. I come to realization that the mids are lifted a bit. Sound stage is pretty wide for a universal, the UERM in comparison is a bit narrower. There are some thicker treble on the lower portion which is a bit accentuated(this maybe the reason why I was reminded of the Shures a bit, but not really similar, I think the treble gets finer than the Shures). A bit aggressive iem, but it's a great performer(more I listen to it, I'm realizing more of it's potential).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. AlexiusC
    Oops wrong posting. Posted about Polaris hahaha!

3. SilverEars
    I dunno if I can say mids are lifted as I've stated earlier, but there is more of a mid presence than other iems I've compared with.

The mids just seems to sound closer(relatively to others I've compared with), but at the same time there is a great amount of bass presence(this of course depends on the track) and we know about the highs. So, in relative terms it doesn't seem lifted in relations to other parts of the spectrum, but it does sound closer than other iems I've compared with.

I think the forwardness of lower treble makes it really felt, similarly the bass when the recording really outputs. Like I've said earlier, this is more of an aggressive iem that makes the sound presence felt is the way to describe it.

4. SilverEars
    Sound stage does seem to get pretty spacious! :L3000: (degree depending on track of course, and it's the good kind of spaciousness)

5. SilverEars
    The best source I've tried is the AK380. Based on comparing with Mojo, Andromeda sounds the most refined resolving on the AK380. This is minor nuance differences, but it's detectable. I think the sound stage sounds better and likely even more expansive(I'm not meaning significantly, but noticeable level).

Based on numerous listen of the AK380 on various headphones, AK380 clearly more resolving and the treble is not overly accentuated than some of the competing sources I've tried. Similarly dynamics are good, but the bass may or may not be the high points depending on the headphones. For the Andromeda, fits perfectly well.

6. goodvibes
    I'm ordering some 3.9 ohm resistors. I think the 4.3 is what 'reference guys will like with a low Z player but I want a touch more weight.

7. zardos
    I very much enjoy the Andromeda out of a Sony NW-WM1Z with balanced ALO Ref. 8 cable. I use silicon tips with the "tea bag mod" applied (I actually use a piece of thin fleece instead of a tea bag) to smooth out the treble a bit. Works great sonically and also protects from ear wax polluting the phones.

8. SilverEars
    One of the small bores is the highs right? Where are the cross-over points? I guess knowing material acoustic impedance properties certain ranges can be dampened a bit if too forward.

9. zardos
    I use the stock silicon tips with wide bores. The dampening effect results in a good match with the gentle sound sig of WM1Z.
    I love extended listening sessions. The Andromeda (and the Vega even more) tend to have a slightly aggressive sound sig. That sometimes incommodes those long listening sessions for me.

10. SilverEars
    I could imagaine. I think I'm more tolerant to forward sigs(up to a point). I wonder if ER4 filters can be adhered some how. BA distributors do provide filters. No experience with filters myself, but curious how it will sound if high range is tamed a bit.

Maybe Andromeda V2 with filters provided? Would be cool.

11. goodvibes
    You're making them as aggressive as possible with those tips and then find them less accommodating? I think it may be because you're accommodating your DAP. Both of the other more normal diameter bores supplied probably won't have that issue for you. Seems they give three different bore diameters with these, the current pre affixed foam probably the intended middle ground.

12. zardos
    Silicon tips with wide bore work by far best for me comfortwise. Soundwise it's a trade-off. They deliver the best bass quality for me but tend to make the treble a touch sharp sometimes. Therefore this easy mod.

13. Fatsosixsixsix
    Perhaps a bit too specific, but I happen to be going to Japan later this week and was wondering if there were any cables for the Andromeda worth buying over there? I'd love to take my iDSD BL and try out all the high end headphones over there with my own music but weight is too much of a premium to do that ;_;

14. Gavin C4
    Just bring your laptop to the shop. They have tones of dac and amp combo there. Most shop also provides Macbook Pros connected to their dac/amp, just bring in a thumb drive with your songs are fine. Akiba is the best to trying highend headphone, second best is Nakano

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    SilverEars likes this.
  15. twice tzuyu
    The Reference 8 cable.

JaeYoon likes this.
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last