Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 14, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #4,276 of 9,829
And then you might want to give your organization a fancy name. Maybe containing words like "drop" and "mass". Something like "massdrop" might make a great name :D
Yea I was thinking of the same name. If you really want custom color or edition, better find massdrop.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #4,277 of 9,829
And then you might want to give your organization a fancy name. Maybe containing words like "drop" and "mass". Something like "massdrop" might make a great name :D
Haha...this somehow reminded me of that Friends episode in which Chandler advises Joey to change his stage name for auditioning.
tumblr_n1ckhb4TJS1ttbkc5o4_400.gif

Which he does of course :grin:

Btw, I really do like the looks of that White Andromeda:thumbsup:

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #4,279 of 9,829
The HK distributor, ECT, paid upfront for the 500 pcs, it was a special commission order. This is the standard practice in Asia and one of the reasons that there are so many "LTD Ed." in Asia by Noble, CFA, Empire Ears, JHA etc etc.

If ppl want a special shade of your favourite IEM, get 500 HF members who are willing to pay upfront (non refundable) and then approach CFA or any of your favourite manufacturers
I'm sure they'd do that for any dealer, USA or otherwise. It just takes a larger distributor to make an order like that.

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #4,280 of 9,829
I still don't see why they CAN'T be flexible and offer this to the US? Why is that so hard or impossible to do? It's not rocket science. They should be offering variety and flexibility not catering to a "group" which limits their exposure and potential customers. No matter the explanation it's a bad business model to follow. As a company (small) to make revenue, the idea should be to be flexible and expand not limit and close doors. It's kind of like Massdrop only sell to the US and not anyone else, horrible decision. They are losing SO many customers by this. There is a reason why Amazon is #1 online place to purchase items, anyone can buy anything from anywhere! Logical, it's not how they started off but that's the point, they expanded quickly and logically and revene is insane.

I still think it's lame, sorry I can't be convinced (not yet logically) that this is a GREAT idea by CA or by any company for that matter.
Massdrop isn't losing customers. They are US based and have never had those international customers to lose. They're also a professional high volume entity and are not going to find ways around customs etc. Their business model is priced without the extra time and effort needed to find the best shipping methods and filling out extra forms for foreign sales. It's the same reason most companies have separate distributors around the world. Most of Massdrop's products also have distributors with exclusive market agreements. That some dealers are willing to break that agreement and ship to other established markets doesn't make it right. If you've read about folks that buy things this this way not being covered under warranty, that's why. I don't know Campfire's policy for US based customers but if you sent a White Andro to the German distributor for repair, I would suspect he'd make you send it back to that Chinese dealer you bought it from or charge you for the service.

I know massdrop once had some Campfire product offered but I doubt they do that again. It's actually not great marketing for high demand products that already have dealers and distributors unless sales are waning or as an introduction to get established in a market segment. When Campfire did their massdrop sale, they did not have a BA based product considered as TOTL nor the sales network they have now. This got the word out.

As for Campfire, the Andromeda is a great deal. Why would you want to bring up costs with additional inventory and small runs of colors? If China wants a bit of uniqueness and ordered enough to get normal pricing, good on them but it's not a performance based request. Go buy some cool white shoes or take your own advice and import them from a foreign dealer, you know, the thing you wanted to do with massdrop and complained about. Like I said before, they could be baby poop brown and it shouldn't prevent anyone that appreciates its performance to purchase them.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #4,281 of 9,829
I would like to ask which ear tips (spinfit, silicon, foam) do you guys prefer for the best quality in female vocals on the Andromeda? The spinfit seems to give more bass presence, but I am more interested in the vocals on the Andromeda.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #4,282 of 9,829
I would like to ask which ear tips (spinfit, silicon, foam) do you guys prefer for the best quality in female vocals on the Andromeda? The spinfit seems to give more bass presence, but I am more interested in the vocals on the Andromeda.
To my ears, every sort of musicstyle that I listen to (incl the ones with female voices) the Andromeda sounds awesome with (silicone) JVC Spiral Dot tips.

Btw, for members that have the Andro and are looking for an affordable dap. I can really recommend the Opus #1.
The synergy is amazingly good...also better than with the more expensive Vega (but that one rocks with the LPG) imo :ksc75smile:
Atm Opus + Andro is my favorite OTG combination.

...they could be baby poop brown and it shouldn't prevent anyone that appreciates its performance to purchase them.
You're totally right about that, although...
noteasybeinggreen-1.jpg

:wink:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #4,283 of 9,829
I like the mid presentation with the supplied spinfits. Slightly elevated bass is part of the sig with any tip unless you increase the impedance of the source. Whats nice is that Campfie give 4 different tips that all work well for depending on your preference. The spinfits probably bring the mids the most forward relative to the highs which is what also makes the bass a bit more prominent.

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #4,284 of 9,829

Spiral Dots are the most open, Stock foamies the most even, Comply T400 slightly more laid back, TS400 more laidback, spinfit slightly more bassy.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #4,286 of 9,829
Massdrop isn't losing customers. They are US based and have never had those international customers to lose. They're also a professional high volume entity and are not going to find ways around customs etc. Their business model is priced without the extra time and effort needed to find the best shipping methods and filling out extra forms for foreign sales. It's the same reason most companies have separate distributors around the world. Most of Massdrop's products also have distributors with exclusive market agreements. That some dealers are willing to break that agreement and ship to other established markets doesn't make it right. If you've read about folks that buy things this this way not being covered under warranty, that's why. I don't know Campfire's policy for US based customers but if you sent a White Andro to the German distributor for repair, I would suspect he'd make you send it back to that Chinese dealer you bought it from or charge you for the service.

I know massdrop once had some Campfire product offered but I doubt they do that again. It's actually not great marketing for high demand products that already have dealers and distributors unless sales are waning or as an introduction to get established in a market segment. When Campfire did their massdrop sale, they did not have a BA based product considered as TOTL nor the sales network they have now. This got the word out.

As for Campfire, the Andromeda is a great deal. Why would you want to bring up costs with additional inventory and small runs of colors? If China wants a bit of uniqueness and ordered enough to get normal pricing, good on them but it's not a performance based request. Go buy some cool white shoes or take your own advice and import them from a foreign dealer, you know, the thing you wanted to do with massdrop and complained about. Like I said before, they could be baby poop brown and it shouldn't prevent anyone that appreciates its performance to purchase them.

I don't agree with a word you said, Sorry. If I owned this company or any co. for that matter I would support and LISTEN to my customers as they are the one's that drive and support the business. This is why CA is small and stays small cause of things like this. Just as bad of an idea when they offered the balanced cable on the Jupiter then removed it claiming no one wants or uses balanced cables. REALLY!? Um well listen up, people do. Again bad decision to just decide for us as the customer. Let us decide. Let us choose what we want on the order page not just remove something and assume what you want. Lame. It was obvious to cut cost and redirect revenue back to CA. Would I buy another product from CA, sure. I still love my Andromeda but as a customer and having option and see that the company is making decisions that benefit them not us as a whole, and what CA offers flexibility wise leaves a lot to be desired. You don't have to agree, and that's fine, but remember that a company lives and survives from their customers, revenue wise and opinion wise. If one or both is missing, over time they flop. I've seen it before as we all have before.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #4,287 of 9,829
The company has been in business for 10+ years so I don't see anything changing. The earphones made by themselves are a recent development though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back