1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last
  1. Gavin C4
    I have to admit that I have never heard a live performance from John Legend. I have absolutely no idea how he sounds like in person. Then, I gues it all boils down to personal preference.

2. goodvibes
    And live vs a studio recording nis not all that telling anyway.

twice tzuyu likes this.
  3. Gavin C4
    Since I got the Andromeda, the majority of the listening hours are on my DPA, Onyko DP-S1. Although I have a desktop setup, I did not bother to plug them in because I know there will be a little background noise from the mjolnir 2. Later on, I figured out I can use the 3.5mm external volume controller from Shure (included with the SE846) to filter out the background noise. And... started listening...

ee00204d-0edd-4743-9030-b210b928f3bd.jpg

Holy, the listening experience is much much much better compared to the DP-S1. The Andromeda scales so good with gear. It is a total day and night difference. Detail, clarity, treble extension, basically the entire track is elevated to paradise. (Maybe it's just the Onyko DP-S1's amp or dac much crappier than the Schiit Gungnir multibit and Mjolnir 2 stack) Now what ever track I listen on the DP-S1, it sounded like garbage to me compared to the Schiit stack. RIP................

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  4. deafdoorknob
    ime, you'd get much better synergy with sony and AK DAPs with the andros. Sold mojo and got the Sony ZX2 after auditioning.

5. bartzky
    AFAIK the volume controller is just a variable resistor, so you're raising the output impedance too.

6. goodvibes
    Might be taking away a bit more bass than you want but that's the effect. No need to change from low Z kit if you want less bass and you can change to low z kit if you prefer more.

7. goodvibes
    I think it may be setup more as a potentiometer but same effect. Why I said it may be doing more than bass tailoring than optimal.

8. Gavin C4
    So if I am to buy a 75omh impedance Adapter to remove the background noise, will the Andromeda sound very bright with no bass? Or how much omh is recommended to get to remove the background noise if I would like to play the andromeda from the mjolnir 2 balanced output?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  9. goodvibes
    Are there balanced impedance adapters? I'd get a balanced jack and plug plus 4 2.2 ohm resistors and put them inline on every leg.

10. Gavin C4
    For the 2.5mm female to 4-pin XLR male adapter, the shop said they can add impedance to it.

11. bartzky
    I posted a graph about how different impedances alter the Andromeda's signature here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...romeda-and-nova.805107/page-268#post-13476936

Gavin C4 likes this.
  12. ForceMajeure
    Exactly.

13. ForceMajeure
    75ohm is way too much for the andromeda. Changing the sound too much, being very bright/piercing. If you plan on removing the background noise you might consider an attenuator like the IEmatch or just DIY one yourself so you could control the attenuation on one end and the value of the Output Impedance seen by the earphone on the other. You have to take into consideration that it might ever so slightly affect the transparency feeling you get from the andromeda directly plugged into the source though only your ears can judge in the end. .

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Gavin C4 likes this.
  14. SilverEars
    I recently got the Andromeda. Intial listen, they perform pretty good. Spinfit do not work for me. I prefer more stiff silicone material as Spinfit are thin easily malliable which if the size is slightly off the shape changes due to not being so stiff(which will open up the fit), but the benefit could be for people with sensitive ear canals. For sound? Doesn't work for me.

Although the stock foamy material work better than the Spinfits(which I dislike at this point), I have another set tips from another IEM that is a better fit and bore size seems to be good(at least better than the spinfit), and opens up the sound a bit. Yeah so, stock tips could have been better. Stiffer silicone with wider bore than the spinfits.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  15. SilverEars
    I believe the correct(to me atleast) is about the point of the 3 apertures fit inside(doesn't get covered). I've has similar experience with TG!334 back in the days(which is also 3 aperture sound output).

First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last