Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 15, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #2,101 of 9,829
Minor updated for Nova.

Nova has the most heavy Bass than all the CA IEMs.
Just slightly lesser rich detailed than Andromeda only.
Mids & Treble quite close to Andromeda (Around 90%) that is a good point.
There is not required change the cable at all, from that stock litz cable has do better than Andromeda Bass.
Nova really good as deep & wide soundstage, really quite similar to Hybrid IEM :)

My conclusion
The overall sound signature is quite fun to me, especially the bass really extremely well.
why never Massdrop or pre-ordered before, 100% regretted now :frowning2:

E89CA1E0-39CD-4FB9-BB41-7F65F870F57B_zps5hwrcrle.jpg

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #2,102 of 9,829
Another (extremely) satisfied new customer checking in. These days we throw around the term "bespoke" too much, until there are satire videos about some hipster making hand crafted toilet paper, but from the moment you open the package you can tell the Andromeda are something special. The build quality is first rate, including the cable and case, more in line with an expensive mechanical watch than a pair of headphones. At much less cost and with far more practical use I might add :)

Many others have described the sound quality better than I could, and it's as good as they have said. I'm using a Chord Mojo and attack and decay, air between instruments, detail, clarity, all are better than I had hoped to get from iems. If any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, I'll just say that to me these appear to be sufficiently advanced technology.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #2,103 of 9,829
Believe it or not I prefer the sound of the Andromeda directly out of my iPhone 6S Plus than from a Mojo.

Due to the sensitivity of these I get some electronic noise from the phone and a little hiss from the Mojo, but I'm happy to leave the Mojo at home with the Andromedas!

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #2,104 of 9,829
I got today Linum Bax for my Nova. I have ordered cable form PlusSound, but lead time is so long, that I jump on Bax to cut waiting and result is superb. If Bax will be not so tangling, it wil be best cable for Nova. Sound is crystal clear, with decent low end and nice airnes.

Jul 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #2,105 of 9,829
The things you do, just so that you can update your profile signature... 
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #2,106 of 9,829
I got today Linum Bax for my Nova. I have ordered cable form PlusSound, but lead time is so long, that I jump on Bax to cut waiting and result is superb. If Bax will be not so tangling, it wil be best cable for Nova. Sound is crystal clear, with decent low end and nice airnes.

I dont suggest linum for andromeda because of reduced soundstage and bass but for comfort its more better than stock

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #2,108 of 9,829
I dont suggest linum for andromeda because of reduced soundstage and bass but for comfort its more better than stock

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I will initially be using an 8 wire Therium cable (pure OCC Silver Litz) until my 8 wire Vorpal (equal content OCC Copper Litz/OCC Silver Litz) is finished from Norne Audio.

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #2,109 of 9,829
What is up with the Andromeda reviews on the Campfire Audio website. There's some seriously weird reviews on there that seem to have dropped it down to 3 stars out of 5. Such as this nonsense by "Trisha" 

"I have exactly what info I want. Check, please. Wait, it's free? Aweemos!"

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #2,110 of 9,829
Minor updated for Nova.

Nova has the most heavy Bass than all the CA IEMs.
Just slightly lesser rich detailed than Andromeda only.
Mids & Treble quite close to Andromeda (Around 90%) that is a good point.
There is not required change the cable at all, from that stock litz cable has do better than Andromeda Bass.
Nova really good as deep & wide soundstage, really quite similar to Hybrid IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

My conclusion
The overall sound signature is quite fun to me, especially the bass really extremely well.
why never Massdrop or pre-ordered before, 100% regretted now
frown.gif

E89CA1E0-39CD-4FB9-BB41-7F65F870F57B_zps5hwrcrle.jpg

Yes, totally agree with the bass of Nova.

I finally have a chance to audition Nova at local head-fi store. With the same EQ setup, may be some minor tuning, first of all I can confirm the bass is one of the most heaviest/impacted among all CA's IEM. Did a test with my ZX2 setting the CB to level 10, its bass is almost on par with Lyra, the only difference that I can hear is just the texture between dynamic and BA driver.

mids and highs were a bit muffled and not impressive, but I believe with a 200hrs of burn-in will make a change, like the same experience I got from Orion. Sound stage is reasonably wide, the whole sound tuning and signature is fun and enjoyable to listen. Can't wait when it becomes available locally here at the end of July!

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #2,111 of 9,829
Yes, totally agree with the bass of Nova.

I finally have a chance to audition Nova at local head-fi store. With the same EQ setup, may be some minor tuning, first of all I can confirm the bass is one of the most heaviest/impacted among all CA's IEM. Did a test with my ZX2 setting the CB to level 10, its bass is almost on par with Lyra, the only difference that I can hear is just the texture between dynamic and BA driver.

mids and highs were a bit muffled and not impressive, but I believe with a 200hrs of burn-in will make a change, like the same experience I got from Orion. Sound stage is reasonably wide, the whole sound tuning and signature is fun and enjoyable to listen. Can't wait when it becomes available locally here at the end of July!

Nova gave me like a Hybrid IEM out there... Currently beats all my hybrid IEMs, especially that Dxx2 :frowning2:

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #2,112 of 9,829
  What is up with the Andromeda reviews on the Campfire Audio website. There's some seriously weird reviews on there that seem to have dropped it down to 3 stars out of 5. Such as this nonsense by "Trisha" 

"I have exactly what info I want. Check, please. Wait, it's free? Aweemos!"

Someone is spamming the site.  Look at how many of them are one liners, July 13.  Kids with nothing better to do?

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #2,113 of 9,829

Same thing that I noticed when I tried the Bax wit my Nova. Bass seemed to become more tamed and less boomy than stock. Though both were great, I liked the sound from the Bax more. It makes the sound more refined, clear and a little brighter.

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #2,114 of 9,829
Same thing that I noticed when I tried the Bax wit my Nova. Bass seemed to become more tamed and less boomy than stock. Though both were great, I liked the sound from the Bax more. It makes the sound more refined, clear and a little brighter.

Go with hybrid such as sxc24 you never disappointed

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #2,115 of 9,829
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Andromeda and Oriolous Mk2? 

My wallet is feeling a little...erm, bloated, at the moment. 

I've manage to tried both iem back to back, wasn't awe by the Oriolus but man, the Andromeda rly hit the sweet spots.

Tight, controlled, and 3D-like soundstage. If paired with comply, it's extremely comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back