Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #2,116 of 9,829
Andromera to me, has completely overtaken Jupiter, meant upgraded version.
Sound when starter without any burn-in bass was so so, after 8 hours burned.
Bass mids and treble all pop up pretty well than when in the starter listened less a track.

Shells has 100% satisfied for fine-tuning cutting sharper edges.
But downside was that 3 screwed slightly bigger size than previous version, felt that shaper screwed easily getting worse to chip off some part of faceplate colour peeling off :frowning2:

Anything more happy with that sounds and not happy with that cosmetic.

Jupiter on left and right for Andro.
0562C1CA-68FF-498A-93D8-6CFC3EEBD383_zpsipjyk5hg.jpg

D605AA2A-C50E-400C-8CC3-D096A84A835A_zpsqxmp8eyd.jpg

04B1B116-0E4F-404D-9EFB-828A11F41491_zpsngpqag5i.jpg

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,118 of 9,829
Hi Kim,

Is the color peeling off really a big defect? This is little concerning.

Hope the new batch has resolved these issue.

Andromera to me, has completely overtaken Jupiter, meant upgraded version.
Sound when starter without any burn-in bass was so so, after 8 hours burned.
Bass mids and treble all pop up pretty well than when in the starter listened less a track.

Shells has 100% satisfied for fine-tuning cutting sharper edges.
But downside was that 3 screwed slightly bigger size than previous version, felt that shaper screwed easily getting worse to chip off some part of faceplate colour peeling off :frowning2:

Anything more happy with that sounds and not happy with that cosmetic.

Jupiter on left and right for Andro.
0562C1CA-68FF-498A-93D8-6CFC3EEBD383_zpsipjyk5hg.jpg

D605AA2A-C50E-400C-8CC3-D096A84A835A_zpsqxmp8eyd.jpg

04B1B116-0E4F-404D-9EFB-828A11F41491_zpsngpqag5i.jpg

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,122 of 9,829
I agree that the Andromeda has a better SQ than the Jupiter

The Andromeda has 3 bores while the Jupiter has 2 bores, so the extra bore rly provide the extra separation which resulted in a better soundstage. 

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #2,123 of 9,829

Oh sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you meant the upgraded version of the Andromeda with rounder corners which doesn't exist yet.

There has been a shell redesign.

Check out the addition of 2 new facets,

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #2,124 of 9,829

Guys, There is no v2 or significant change in any of our earphones. There may be a very slight CNC change in the future but we are not sure when that might happen right away. We were thinking of making 2 angles a little smoother but this is not critical and side by side hardly noticeable. I think for clarification sake I must state that Campfire Audio is a very small batch operation and we literally make like 15 IEMs a day by hand here in my shop. I am very close to my CNC shop which is also located here in Oregon and because we both are small shops we are able to make small tool changes fairly easily. The current hold up at the moment is screws, my screw mfg... screwed me :wink: We have not been able to ship because we do not have the fancy screws we are having custom made and its very frustrating at the moment.

Anyhow I think this v2 thing is being overstated and I apologize for the confusion and more so the delay in our production. We are working very hard to increase capacity as well as our process. I am investing heavily in Campfire Audio because we are very committed to making the best IEMs possible and we know that we can deliver something special to our customers. 

I thank you all for your continued patience. 

Ken

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/2010#post_12716293

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #2,125 of 9,829

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/2010#post_12716293

I have the Andromeda on hand and the picture above is mine. I have compared it to the pictures posted by KB, ExpatInJapan and Currawong and I have discovered these 2 new facets on the shell. 

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,127 of 9,829
Kim,

The low drivers in the Jupiter will cover low and mid frequencies, so technically I would not say the Jupiter has no mids :) the Andromeda has a dedicated mid BA where the Jupiter does not as you point out, but the tuning of the Jupiter is such that the low drivers also extend out into the midrange frequencies.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #2,128 of 9,829
Kim,

The low drivers in the Jupiter will cover low and mid frequencies, so technically I would not say the Jupiter has no mids :) the Andromeda has a dedicated mid BA where the Jupiter does not as you point out, but the tuning of the Jupiter is such that the low drivers also extend out into the midrange frequencies.

Thanks

Ken

Jupiter vs Andromeda both had thier owned signatured.

Jupiter do agreed that midrange can be cover by low & high BAs, such as Orion all in one.
Jupiter has better texture than Andromeda, also do better soundstage than Andromeda.
Anyway Jupiter the week point has slightly higher upper mids, usually I'll will tried to tuned in EQ for better option, once is get it right when tuned out sounds that awesome to me.

For my 2 days old andromeda still has little bit thiner detailed than Jupiter, i will let it burn-in sometimes and then updated again.

Both to me is a spectacular IEMs out there.

I am really to thanks your efforts and always do the best to us and listened our feedback as well.
I am pleased and appreciated to have a excellent IEMs from Campfire/ALO audio :D

Jul 16, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,129 of 9,829
Jupiter vs Andromeda both had thier owned signatured.

Jupiter do agreed that midrange can be cover by low & high BAs, such as Orion all in one.
Jupiter has better texture than Andromeda, also do better soundstage than Andromeda.
Anyway Jupiter the week point has slightly higher upper mids, usually I'll will tried to tuned in EQ for better option, once is get it right when tuned out sounds that awesome to me.

For my 2 days old andromeda still has little bit thiner detailed than Jupiter, i will let it burn-in sometimes and then updated again.

Both to me is a spectacular IEMs out there.

I am really to thanks your efforts and always do the best to us and listened our feedback as well.
I am pleased and appreciated to have a excellent IEMs from Campfire/ALO audio
biggrin.gif

As an Andromeda owner that listened to the Jupiter extensively before settling on the Andromeda, in my experience, while the Jupiter is far from being a congested sound-stage, I found that the layering, depth, width, and separation was far superior on the Andromeda. Everyone hears different, but for me there was no contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back