Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #1,876 of 9,829
Please enjoy my overdue review of the excellent Campfire Audio Nova, what I call CA Novana

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-nova/reviews/16370

Thank you!

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1,877 of 9,829
Please enjoy my overdue review of the excellent Campfire Audio Nova, what I call CA Novana

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-nova/reviews/16370

Thank you!
Nice review. A few mentions of myself and a title I wish I had thought of.

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #1,878 of 9,829
I seem to have come full circle with the Andromedas. When I first auditioned them, it was with the binaural Alexis Cole album which has plenty of bass in the tracks. That worked out nicely with the Andromedas and their coherent presentation without excessive treble, as has jazz and classical. As I listened to more acoustic music and decided that the foam tips were too dark, I settled on the JVC Spiral Dot tips with their wide bore providing plenty of treble. Now I've shifted to listening to club music (Verve Remixed, dZihan and Kamien and other music along those lines) I've gone the other way and the Andromedas as I've set them up don't have enough bass. Now I have to decide what tips I like with those genres. 

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,879 of 9,829
My circle hasn't even started bcos I've been waiting for them since the pre-order 
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #1,886 of 9,829
For those who own the Nova, I haven't believed much about cable rolling until I tried this Linum BaX cable. Almost instantly, I noticed its influence on the sound I used to hear using the stock cables. I always thought they were dark sounding on some of the songs on my source but now that I've used the Linum BaX, the bass seems to have been tamed a bit making way for much clearer sound specially on the mids and highs. Maybe this is for the lack of my experience on this game but hell, my ears surely aren't fooling me. I recommend you guys to try. I certainly enjoy my Nova now than before. Try to use wide bore tips also if you want more revealing sound.

Jul 5, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #1,889 of 9,829
For those who own the Nova, I haven't believed much about cable rolling until I tried this Linum BaX cable. Almost instantly, I noticed its influence on the sound I used to hear using the stock cables. I always thought they were dark sounding on some of the songs on my source but now that I've used the Linum BaX, the bass seems to have been tamed a bit making way for much clearer sound specially on the mids and highs. Maybe this is for the lack of my experience on this game but hell, my ears surely aren't fooling me. I recommend you guys to try. I certainly enjoy my Nova now than before. Try to use wide bore tips also if you want more revealing sound.

Bax is great cable, but is to much tangling. I found stock cable as not best for Nova either so I replaced it by one from Audio Minor and I like it more than stock. I was looking for some light as is Bax, bu a bit more firm and I found one from PlusSound Audio. Order is placed and now I must wait few weeks.

Jul 5, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #1,890 of 9,829
Bax is great cable, but is to much tangling. I found stock cable as not best for Nova either so I replaced it by one from Audio Minor and I like it more than stock. I was looking for some light as is Bax, bu a bit more firm and I found one from PlusSound Audio. Order is placed and now I must wait few weeks.

If you may, please do make a comparison between the cables that you have and will have when you have free time. I think that would be helpful for us fellow owners to have some ideas which cables would fit our sound preferences. Looking forward to your impressions. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back