Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jan 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #6,406 of 19,143
I spy the Luxman logo, but that's all I know.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #6,407 of 19,143
Its a L-507. Fully recapped and cleaned. The fitting tuner is also restored and this is a T-550. Got the units in bad shape. My next headamp will be this :) :) :)

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #6,409 of 19,143
A relative of mine knows that I am interested in stuff like this so when someone was throwing away their old working receiver she took it.  So it cost me nothing.  Have not had the time to pick it up yet, but she did send me a picture which I will post later.  It is a Sansui 3300.  Not a lot of info out there on this particular model.  From my friend google...it was manufactured in 1970, or 1991 depending on the source...and it puts out 26-90 watts per channel.  Also, according to google, it is a stereo receiver, or a quad, or from one source a tape deck.  Checked AK but still not much info.  Anyone here have any ideas?

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #6,413 of 19,143
i am looking at buying a Marantz 2220 receiver and was wondering if anybody could weigh in any thoughts on how this receiver would power my Cerwin Vega D1 speakers... currently i am running Imac>USB>Fii0e17>headphone output into a crappy jvc microsystem>D1's

the jvc has 90w output perchannel and as horrible as the concept of using it as a receiver is, with some eqing the speakers sound pretty nice. just looking for a vintage upgrade to cut the jvc out of my mix.
thanks

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #6,414 of 19,143
Quote:
i am looking at buying a Marantz 2220 receiver and was wondering if anybody could weigh in any thoughts on how this receiver would power my Cerwin Vega D1 speakers... currently i am running Imac>USB>Fii0e17>headphone output into a crappy jvc microsystem>D1's

the jvc has 90w output perchannel and as horrible as the concept of using it as a receiver is, with some eqing the speakers sound pretty nice. just looking for a vintage upgrade to cut the jvc out of my mix.
thanks

I owned one and it was OK for a  receiver. The Pioneer SX650 is mus]ch more music]ical IMO but the Marantz is powerful enough to handle full range speakers but the bigger ones would work better with 80-100W receivers IMO.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #6,416 of 19,143
So I didn't get the Toshiba, but if someone thinks it is worth it I still might.  I don't think it is going anywhere.  I did pick up the pair of Realistic Optimus 5 for $45 just out of vintage curiousity and the fact that they looked like they are in very good mechanical shape and are supposed to sound okay.  Not turning this into a speaker thread it is just that the new to me SX-650 is sitting on top of them right now while I clean and arrange the room for speakers/receiver(the reason for abysmal placement).  Got the SX-650 and an SX-780 for $260 as a pair.  The 650 has been serviced and cleaned and someone put a new wood case on it, although the stain is too light to be original it does look very nice and I have no plans to change it.  The 780 does work, but I haven't played with it yet.  There are a couple of little places where the veneer is peeling a little at the corners.  Did try the LCD-2 through the headphone out of the 650 listening to FM radio...something I haven't had in the house in a decade excluding an alarm clock.  Have not played with, or even picked up the Sansui 3300 yet but hey it was free.  Here is an over exposed pick of the 650, not trying to get a better picture until the room is arranged and I find my actual camera:

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #6,419 of 19,143
Quote:

Nice Pioneer! I like the 650 a lot, for both speakers and headphone use.  
happy_face1.gif

The 780 was my first receiver; I'd love to replace it some day.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #6,420 of 19,143
I really liked the 650 too.
The headphone out was surprisingly good i thought
and that one is in much better shape than mine is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back