Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Nov 14, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #3,227 of 19,145
Figured out my Marantz left channel crackle isn't due to the stereo relay, the problem is somewhere before the power amp, which narrows it down to...pretty much everything else (switchboards, tone control board, preamp, etc. It could be a bad capacitor, cold solder joint, or a faulty transistor. I guess all I can do is clean all the switches (for the umpteenth time), start switching out capacitors, and testing transistors. It's going to be a long road for sure, because the 2245 case is kind of stuffed, and a lot of boards have to be removed to see all of the boards under them. Sounds like that will be my winter-break project. I even checked to see if the screw under the tape relay was grounding it out, but it doesn't seem to be so simple an issue.

What are you guy's opinions of wiring up connectors to the wires on the boards, so they can be unplugged instead of needing to be desoldered for repair? More hassle than it's worth?

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3,230 of 19,145

Quote:
Hi, any thoughts for yamaha cr 1020?

You've already got some input, but I'd also recommend searching Google for your model number. More often than not, you can find some valuable information by digging through those results.

Quote:
I'm starting to feel like there should be a vintage receiver wiki.

There are a couple sites already set up for cataloging old equipment but some are abandoned and others require membership or money to access detailed info. Bah.

But that makes too much sense! I agree wholeheartedly. The information online is so spread out. Sometimes it is really hard to just find the weight or dimensions of a receiver, let alone the typical problems and sound signature.

Quote:
Treal nice 2275 I wasted about 3 months trying to hunt down a good example Marantz and came up empty.  I didn't want to overspend though, some guys listed theirs for serious $$$.

Thanks! I was really happy to find it locally (auditioned at length) in near excellent condition physically, but the cherry on top is that there's no sonic distortion whatsoever. What prices were you seeing in AZ? Or are you meaning eBay? I'm not reserved in saying what I paid for mine. I got it for $300 and the guy picked me up, dropped me off, and hand-delivered it into my apartment lol
tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #3,234 of 19,145
@GWN, nice MAC, $1000 not too bad for one of them
rolleyes.gif

Here is a Chinese restaurant that serves customers food as they listen to vinyl being played on vintage tube gear, great tube video!

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #3,236 of 19,145
Quote:
I got it for $800.  Still a lot of money.

Ok, i was looking at them online. I like the wood case, dont really care for the push buttons, but it's a McIntosh...

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #3,238 of 19,145

Quote:
My little slice of heaven. My new MAC 4100.

The condition looks superb. Very nice. It has its own unique elegant look. I don't know much about McIntosh other than $$$, haha.

Quote:
@GWN, nice MAC, $1000 not too bad for one of them
rolleyes.gif

Here is a Chinese restaurant that serves customers food as they listen to vinyl being played on vintage tube gear, great tube video!

That is too rad! I love how much equipment he has and how he switches sources/amps for different albums. Not even including the soldering work, that takes it to another level.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #3,240 of 19,145
yea that is defiantly japanese. it's easy to tell by the language spoken,the characters/writing and the women,yes women. lot of japanese females have very pretty cat like eyes. that's another reason i like lot of japanese is the eye features of the women. some reason i find the cat eyes very attractive.

alright then,enough of my being off the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back