Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Aug 11, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #2,191 of 19,143
Apparently they're quite rare since it was only available in Europe.  Mine came to Canada from Germany (where the original owner bought it) then it got passed down to his student here in my city, I think.  Then I paid the 2nd owner and now it's mine.  Time to start purging and get better speakers, I have enough amplifiers, haha.

Everything thing has a price :p it's the question if whether or not you have deep enough pockets for them. :p 

Another good piece and I don't know if they have been mentioned but I am also quite the Hitachi fan.  I own both a HA-610 and HA-1100, superb units.  If you want a very neutral sounding with great bass but extremely dynamic amplifier but not harsh, Hitachi has some great stuff.

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2,197 of 19,143

Quote:
Stop! Just Stop!  You're killing me!  
how come the europeans got all the black units?

x2, i love these black beauties! Kenwood KR-9000GX,11000GX, uhhhh. Love them all!!!

Quote:
hahaha they should all make different color for each region, tat would be ZOMG ITS SO AWESOME

They do;

America- silver

Asia- champange

European- black/ gunmetal

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #2,200 of 19,143

Quote:
 This is the black version of my 2385...

I really hate you(jk)
evil_smiley.gif
FYI i put a WTB up on my craigslist for a euro!

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #2,201 of 19,143

Quote:
I didn't know, isn't for certain model and brand?

Aww yee, not sure tell you the truth. I know of Pioneer, Sansui (kinda hard to tell a difference LMAO), Kenwood, and Marantz.

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #2,205 of 19,143
The Black Marantz units are a bad influence. I'd love to find one of those someday!
So far my meager collection has one Marantz2226b and my Old Onkyo 817 (Real heavy but not so vintage as it's from the 80's. But, I've had it since it was new and can't bring myself to part with it yet.) I just picked up a Pioneer PL-630 turntable for $20 and it came with two Grado cartridges so I can't complain if it's got a few dings and some quirks as long as it works for a couple weeks till I decide if I'm going to buy a modern turntable or just a better old one. There is just something amazingly simple and fun about spinning vinyl on this old Marantz/Pioneer combo through my HD600's. Here's a pic of each just to keep them coming in this thread. The Pioneer is only temporarily perched on the Marantz to test it out. I'm too worried it would be bad for both units to leave them that close to each other due to any heat coming from the Marantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back