Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Feb 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #273 of 19,138
$625.  I've seen them go for around $400 in just a little worse shape than this one.  But this one really looks mint, and sounds terrific - not a hint of noise or hum or hiss.  The sound with my Beyer T1's is actually pretty spectacular.  It was a little dark with the D7000 - probably that old impedance mismatch issue.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #275 of 19,138
Worth every penny IMO!!!

Quote:
Well, my Marantz 2275 came today, and it's everything I had hoped for.  The FM section sounds just AMAZING.  I paid a little extra to get one in mint condition, but I think it was worth it:

Quote:
$625.  I've seen them go for around $400 in just a little worse shape than this one.  But this one really looks mint, and sounds terrific - not a hint of noise or hum or hiss.  The sound with my Beyer T1's is actually pretty spectacular.  It was a little dark with the D7000 - probably that old impedance mismatch issue.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #276 of 19,138
That's a really good price. I've seen them in much worst shape go for that price. You always seem to have a tendicy to find some really great deals. That's probably the nicest 2275 I've seen. Congrats!!

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #278 of 19,138
Thanks fellas. I was really anxious after buying it, to see what it looked like in person. Fortunately, it exceeded my expectations :D

Feb 22, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #279 of 19,138
Can't wait to hear how it compares to the fisher, both speaker and headphone out. But I suspect that the headphone out is more powerful. Fisher put in some pretty high value resistors which is why I replaced mine to make the headphone out more powerful.

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #280 of 19,138
searching ebay for a Marantz for myself, came across "penninw" a builder of Marantz cabinets for most of the 22xxseries.  Builds out of walnut.  From the picture, looks really nice and may be a good replacement for the metal cabinets of the Marantz line.  Says he also builds cabinets for other brands.  Might be of some interest

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #281 of 19,138
holy crap! me personally would never pay over 400 bucks maybe and that's being generous for a marantz receiver. i know it's american made and everything but the prices on these things are going nuts. i probably would spend up to 600 for a nice american made Fisher 500b Tube amp in mint condition with all original parts. i think i stick with the japanese made stuff and Sansui for me but i congradulate you on your purchase and i hope you have fun with it for many years to come. thing i do like about some marantz is they built them very well with heavy steel and real wood. not that simulated vaneer stuff that some receivers used back in the day.

Quote:

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #282 of 19,138
I have an integrated Sansui AU-777 (the first solid state Sansui amp after they moved from tubes)--it definitely has that "vintage sound." While we're on vintage gear, I picked up a cheap ($35) 6v6 headphone amp on ebay a while back and it sounded great with a vintage lush sound and a huge transformer, but not nearly as refined as a more modern amp.  

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #283 of 19,138

sansui au-777 is a great amp but i don't get what you  mean by ''vintage sound''. i know it's your personal experience and your opinion and i respect that. just curious what ''vintage sound'' means? i heard lot of vintage amps and receivers and never once experience a ''vintage sound'' it either was accurate reproduction or ''warm'' like tube sound(not saying all tubes sound warm tho). sorry if it seems like i'm being a douche. it's hard to understand emotion through text. i just sometimes don't understand and would love to hear others interpretation of ''sound'' as a learning experience. 
Quote:
I have an integrated Sansui AU-777 (the first solid state Sansui amp after they moved from tubes)--it definitely has that "vintage sound." While we're on vintage gear, I picked up a cheap ($35) 6v6 headphone amp on ebay a while back and it sounded great with a vintage lush sound and a huge transformer, but not nearly as refined as a more modern amp.  

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #284 of 19,138
quote name="Skylab" url="/forum/thread/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners/270#post_7296066"] $625.  I've seen them go for around $400 in just a little worse shape than this one.  But this one really looks mint, and sounds terrific - not a hint of noise or hum or hiss.  The sound with my Beyer T1's is actually pretty spectacular.  It was a little dark with the D7000 - probably that old impedance mismatch issue.
[/quote]

The headphone out of my Marantz 2265b is extremely warm sounding. Any other Marantz owners notice this?

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #285 of 19,138
My Marantz 2275 "woody" has that "vintage sound".
biggrin.gif

Paid $250 for it last year.
Cosmetically perfect, it did need the controls cleaned and new bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back