CALLING ALL COMPLY FOAM TIP OWNERS! NEED YOUR INPUT. POLL.
Sep 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Doc-holliday

Never did like custom titles.
Hey Yall,

I recently tried an idea that I am recommending to Comply (i'm positive im not the only one to do this i know) but I got tired of trying to read the "L" and "R" on some of my iems and even my TripleFi 10s with their v shape and hook cable I STILL manage to have to pause a sec to figure out which side goes on which ear.

So I simply took my recently ordered RED comply tips and put the RED on the RIGHT and put one of the GREY ones that came with the TF10 on the Left. I did this with my other IEMs and I din't realize how annoying it was before until now that I just put them in without even thinking.

Some universal fit IEM owners (like some ETY models for example) won't have a need for this because they are more clearly marked but my question is this for the rest of us:

DO YOU THINK IF THEY CAME PACKAGED IN 2 (or more) COLORS IT WOULD BE USEFUL?
OR would you just buy solid color ones if multi color was available?

Obviously you could just buy two colors but the advantage here is only having to spend money on one package and I think most people wont even both buying a 2nd pack for this purpose.. Plus the round tips only come in black.

Feel free to post alternate recommendations but PLEASE make sure you vote.
6123f9b953f43d14d5bd8c3084123ec0_zps66a2189c.jpg

(just an example, my fx40 with the multicolored tips)

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 26
Don't be shy... hey you... yes you the guy who clicked on this thread but didn't vote yet. Click one.. I'ts easy...

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 26
I cannot speak for myself... I am in no position to purchase anymore Comply Foam Tips.

I just recently bought a 180 pair.

But, If Comply would make them. I am sure it would be helpful to some.

Jim

PS When I don my Etys, I take my time, and enjoy it.

Edit... spelin and I voted, as though I would need more tips.

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 26
I cannot speak for myself... I am in no position to purchase anymore Comply Foam Tips.

II just recently bought a 180 pair.

But, If Comply would make them. I am sure it would be helpful to some.

Jim

PS When I don my Etys, I take my time, and enjoy it.

Well VOTE! then Mr. Jimmy!!. My cause seems to be losing support lol. My idea is losing by a vote. Remember your vote counts LOL.

PS - pls change your screen name to "Mr. Ety".

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 26
Howdy Doc,

I just had a look at Complyfoam.com.

They do sell for my IEM, a Blue and Red Foam Tip separately.

So... My thought is.

Contact Comply and ask for a 25% discount at time of purchase for buying 2 packs. I.E. 1 red, 1 blue.

Just a thought, Jim

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 26
I actually do think this is a good idea. It's kind of like creating a needs which isn't previously known.

It's like before Starbucks Americans didn't really "need" to drink espresso based beverage. But Starbucks created this demand. 

I also like the idea if u buy two packs in different colors then you receive a discount. This way it safes Comply with assortment packaging and customers still have the ability to choose.

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 26
I actually do think this is a good idea. It's kind of like creating a needs which isn't previously known.

It's like before Starbucks Americans didn't really "need" to drink espresso based beverage. But Starbucks created this demand. 

I also like the idea if u buy two packs in different colors then you receive a discount. This way it safes Comply with assortment packaging and customers still have the ability to choose.

Thats a good idea TC but:

1. "20offcomply" - bam.. there u go 20pct off and you don't even have to ask.

2. If they were already mixed colors in the package, then you will only have to buy one pack AND save the %20 :smiley:

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 26
Yeah... Been there done that.

20 off comply only works one time.

Jim
Quote:
Thats a good idea TC but:
1. "20offcomply" - bam.. there u go 20pct off and you don't even have to ask.
2. If they were already mixed colors in the package, then you will only have to buy one pack AND save the %20 :smiley:

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:
What are you making them out of? I.e. what's your source of foam and what type of foam?

I got the foam from CVS drug store. It was on sale, close out I think. Most any foam plug ear will work.
I believe this is what I bought. At least the same as I use.

CVS Protective Foam Earplugs $7.99

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #12 of 26
I got the foam from CVS drug store. It was on sale, close out I think. Most any foam plug ear will work.
I believe this is what I bought. At least the same as I use.

CVS Protective Foam Earplugs $7.99

Im sorry, you must have mistaken this for the "CALLING ALL CVS DIY FOAM TIP OWNERS" thread..... lol

PS - guys if you don't own or use comply tips PLEASE DON'T VOTE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back