Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #2,011 of 3,173
  http://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-definitely-toxic-a-new-study-says/

I think so ! After my mis-adventure with excess sugary drinks last week = sore heart for a week.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #2,012 of 3,173
Bleck, that's one of the weaker flavors. Shoulda got the normal flavor.

I do prefer the normal flavor, but the punched actually has more caffeine per can.

Be careful not to overdo it and burn out.

Surprisingly, it affected me less than drinking one stout cup of coffee over the same time period. I think energy drinks must use a different type of caffeine than what's found in coffee.

It's definitely not caffiene anhydrous like pre-workouts use either. The 160mg in one scoop of pre keeps me awake longer than the two 240mg cans of rockstar.

Also, tested it on Monday and my dependence isn't bad. Only had a single cup of cold brew for the entire day with no ill side affects.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #2,013 of 3,173
I do prefer the normal flavor, but the punched actually has more caffeine per can.
Surprisingly, it affected me less than drinking one stout cup of coffee over the same time period. I think energy drinks must use a different type of caffeine than what's found in coffee.

It's definitely not caffiene anhydrous like pre-workouts use either. The 160mg in one scoop of pre keeps me awake longer than the two 240mg cans of rockstar.

Also, tested it on Monday and my dependence isn't bad. Only had a single cup of cold brew for the entire day with no ill side affects.

I would have sworn it had a weaker effect. Perhaps it's due to the other ingredients being weaker. I might buy it again to see how it compares.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #2,014 of 3,173

All anhydrous means is that its in powder form. I think it has more to do with the synergy between the other ingredients in pre workouts. For example, a single 200mg caffeine pill doesn't do very much for me on its own but a strong coffee or a scoop of pre will give me some pep

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #2,015 of 3,173
  been drinking a lot of caffeine and sugar this evening, cramming for an exam tomorrow. Two Rockstar "Punched". 

Normally would not drink energy drinks but it's more convenient when i get to stay next to my computer and books.

Bleck, that's one of the weaker flavors. Shoulda got the normal flavor.

I would have sworn it had a weaker effect. Perhaps it's due to the other ingredients being weaker. I might buy it again to see how it compares.

Okay, I was mistaken. I must have been thinking of Monster Rehab or something. I've actually never had Rockstar Punched until now. It basically tastes like Hawaiian Punch and Rockstar. haha. Not too bad. Even though Punched has more caffeine, I was right about the normal flavor having a stronger effect on me for whatever reason.

In other news: I love the LCD-X! Far more consistently than the Elear, HD 800, TH900, etc. I enjoy it with virtually all types of music. It's pretty heavy, but mine came with an aftermarket strap that improves the comfort and automatically adjusts to my head. As long as I don't lean forward, the weight is manageable.

I'm pretty happy right now.
normal_smile .gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #2,016 of 3,173

Okay, I was mistaken. I must have been thinking of Monster Rehab or something. I've actually never had Rockstar Punched until now. It basically tastes like Hawaiian Punch and Rockstar. haha. Not too bad. Even though Punched has more caffeine, I was right about the normal flavor having a stronger effect on me for whatever reason.

In other news: I love the LCD-X! Far more consistently than the Elear, HD 800, TH900, etc. I enjoy it with virtually all types of music. It's pretty heavy, but mine came with an aftermarket strap that improves the comfort and automatically adjusts to my head. As long as I don't lean forward, the weight is manageable.

I'm pretty happy right now.
normal_smile%20.gif

Happier than with Stax?

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #2,018 of 3,173

Nope. I'm in the process of attempting to trade it for a nicer STAX system. gwahaha!

(Again, I do like it quite a bit, but I've gotta be honest with myself: STAX are the only headphones that sound like real instruments to me.)

Well then you won't be needing that car. I figure an nice SR-007 and top of the line amp should bust the bank pretty good and end your quest for the next pair of headphones, or maybe not. You are having fun trying out all of those cans.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #2,019 of 3,173

Nope. I'm in the process of attempting to trade it for a nicer STAX system. gwahaha!

(Again, I do like it quite a bit, but I've gotta be honest with myself: STAX are the only headphones that sound like real instruments to me.)

..... must be the caffeine affecting your hearing..........  

....  a single malt they. tell me. has the same effect...... 

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #2,020 of 3,173
Had my absolutely perfect latte of 2017 - a recent new find. 
99cents/70p !!!
Pro barista level stuff.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2,021 of 3,173
Who would've guessed...cold Redline Xtreme makes me feel pretty bad, whereas when it's warmer, it's not like this.

...And I just bought an HD 600. You know you have problems when you vent your frustrations by buying more headphones...

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,022 of 3,173
  Who would've guessed...cold Redline Xtreme makes me feel pretty bad, whereas when it's warmer, it's not like this.

...And I just bought an HD 600. You know you have problems when you vent your frustrations by buying more headphones...

I wonder how long you'll be hanging onto the HD600's?

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #2,023 of 3,173
@Music Alchemist I wonder, have you tried G-fuel? It's a powder so it requires mixing, but it's sugar free and way cheaper than energy drinks. I got a tub a few years ago and really liked it. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #2,024 of 3,173

How about LCD-X then ? From the A-line I'd personally seek out an LCD-3C...they are still out there in the wild new at a 25% discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back