Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 3, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #2,042 of 3,173
  I can tell the future. For example I can predict with assurance that you will toss an energy drink down the hatch very soon.

Your clairvoyance is impressive. 
tongue.gif
Drinking a Mega Monster now.

I noticed it has a smooth texture like the Monster Extra Strength Anti-Gravity does. Some of the other Monster flavors are more fizzy and rough. I don't remember the normal can (which seems to be the same flavor/ingredients as the Mega can) tasting so smooth either. I think they do something extra to it when it's in this type of can with the twist cap.

Unfortunately, this basic flavor is another one of those drinks that has more downsides than benefits in my case. (Like pressure on my heart and draining of my stomach.) Most importantly, it just feels weak. Nearly finished the 24 ounces and I'm barely buzzed. (I only bought this today because the other drinks were overpriced at the store I went to. Rockstar was over $2 whereas it's under $1 at Walmart.)

Mountain Dew is more intense and blissful for me.

HD600's are good.

You removed your legendary list of headphones from your profile!
eek.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #2,043 of 3,173
True,
I don't like to boast...... 

Bragging rights becomes a vain pursuit to those who are on a quest for greater fidelity in their journey.

It's a bit like me notating a list of all the different brands and blends of coffee and the method of their making.  It detracts from their enjoyment......

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #2,044 of 3,173
Just ordered 4 more bags of beans from Stumptown. This time I ordered far enough in advance so I won't run out and have to dip into my emergency stash of Starbucks. I would rather listen to Beats headphones than be forced to resort to instant.

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #2,045 of 3,173
Just ordered 4 more bags of beans from Stumptown. This time I ordered far enough in advance so I won't run out and have to dip into my emergency stash of Starbucks. I would rather listen to Beats headphones than be forced to resort to instant.

I have a pair of you want. :D
After hearing something in the price range, they are so far outperformed that I don't think I'd be able to listen to them. Kind of like I don't think I would be able to drink Folgers again.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,046 of 3,173
I have a pair of you want.
biggrin.gif

After hearing something in the price range, they are so far outperformed that I don't think I'd be able to listen to them. Kind of like I don't think I would be able to drink Folgers again.

At least Folgers isn't grossly overpriced for what you get, Beats are pretty beat. Just got a new pressure cooker, too bad you can't make coffee in it.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #2,047 of 3,173
At least Folgers isn't grossly overpriced for what you get, Beats are pretty beat. Just got a new pressure cooker, too bad you can't make coffee in it.

Might be able to adapt the "Cowboy Coffee" method to work in a pressure cooker.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #2,048 of 3,173
Might be able to adapt the "Cowboy Coffee" method to work in a pressure cooker.

I made lobster tails in it today and they came out pretty good. I washed them down with proper espresso, The wife was pretty happy, I did a lot of cooking today, even made crepes but not in the pressure cooker.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #2,049 of 3,173
Haha, after finding coffee perfection locally. They changed their coffee machine the next day.

Same everything/different machine and it went from an amazing deep/full/complex taste and smooth to just smooth.
Told them, and they put a second cup my way free, but it was exactly the same.....unoffensive and smooth.

I hope their machine is just getting repaired. Pure nightmare !
redface.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #2,050 of 3,173
  Haha, after finding coffee perfection locally. They changed their coffee machine the next day.

Same everything/different machine and it went from an amazing deep/full/complex taste and smooth to just smooth.
Told them, and they put a second cup my way free, but it was exactly the same.....unoffensive and smooth.

redface.gif

What a slap in the face to find nirvana, and then have it taken away.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #2,051 of 3,173

redface.gif

Perhaps they aren't using the new machine correctly. It may be time to roll up the sleeves and teach them something.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #2,053 of 3,173
What a difference diet makes to the potency of caffeine! Yesterday I had two bowls of cereal, then a Mountain Dew...and even after that, I was still exhausted. Today I did the same early in the day and felt okay, but later, I went to a Chinese buffet and stuffed myself. On my second Mountain Dew and I feel amazing!

I also discovered that when I store soda in a cold room, it's more powerful than when I put it in the fridge.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #2,055 of 3,173
  I highly doubt that. Soda will act the same at the same temperature no matter what the size of the external enclosure is

I think it's because I stored it in the fridge for a day, whereas the others were sitting in a cupboard. Different temperatures, potentially different chemical reactions due to timing, etc. That one from the fridge was nowhere near as powerful as the one I'm drinking right now. There are probably studies out there about unopened soda going flat when stored in the fridge after a certain amount of time. It's something I've noticed. I didn't mean to imply that where you store it is what changes it per se. If I put soda in the freezer for an hour or three, it makes it stronger. But if it sits in the fridge for too long, it can start to go flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back