Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 5, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #2,056 of 3,173
http://www.ehow.com/info_8793154_carbonation-affected-temperature.html  a handy article on carbonation vs temperature, but I still have severe doubts about storage temps and caffeine potency especially when you've taken a room temp one and chilled it in the freezer. It should have a very similar effect to a fridge temp bottle. 

What's much more likely is different variables changing inside your body like food consumption, makeup of said food, time of day, etc. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #2,057 of 3,173
  http://www.ehow.com/info_8793154_carbonation-affected-temperature.html  a handy article on carbonation vs temperature, but I still have severe doubts about storage temps and caffeine potency especially when you've taken a room temp one and chilled it in the freezer. It should have a very similar effect to a fridge temp bottle. 

What's much more likely is different variables changing inside your body like food consumption, makeup of said food, time of day, etc. 

I know for a fact that when you leave soda in the fridge for too long, it starts to go flat.

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #2,059 of 3,173
  if you leave it anywhere for too long it goes flat

Here's what I'm getting at: I can leave my bottles of Mountain Dew in the cupboard in the kitchen for as long as I want with no worries. This is with cold weather where the house can at times be even colder than outside. But if I leave one in the fridge (still unopened) it already starts to go flat after a day or perhaps even before. Theorizing and speculation are pointless.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #2,060 of 3,173
  What a difference diet makes to the potency of caffeine! Yesterday I had two bowls of cereal, then a Mountain Dew...and even after that, I was still exhausted. Today I did the same early in the day and felt okay, but later, I went to a Chinese buffet and stuffed myself. On my second Mountain Dew and I feel amazing!

I also discovered that when I store soda in a cold room, it's more powerful than when I put it in the fridge.

Hmm, perhaps we can explain this as expectation bias, just like with headphones, etc.
L3000.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #2,068 of 3,173
Man on man, this thread is having its own sugar/caffeine 'cable materials audio effects DB8'.

Lets get back to tacky deadpan/pun.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,069 of 3,173
...and my coffee place machine came back to give me coffee perfection...breathes sigh of relief.

Amazing and obvious how the design of the machine imparts the taste.

It is a PROMAC (Italian) and pretty cheap as business coffee machines go !
Reeeeeeeeally basic vs Synesso etc

The machine and grinder at side cost
$2900 total

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #2,070 of 3,173

But the affect, how much of that was the power of the human imagination. I vote for caffeine.

You mean effect, and the answer is none.

No, the affect results from imagination, the effect results from the affect.
Autosuggestion rules the day, I believe.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back