Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 7, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #2,071 of 3,173
  ...and my coffee place machine came back to give me coffee perfection...breathes sigh of relief.

Amazing and obvious how the design of the machine imparts the taste.

It is a PROMAC (Italian) and pretty cheap as business coffee machines go !
Reeeeeeeeally basic vs Synesso etc

The machine and grinder at side cost
$2900 total

Purrfect for home use.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #2,072 of 3,173

No, the affect results from imagination, the effect results rom the affect. Autosuggestion rules.

It's one of those word pairs that causes even native speakers confusion...

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #2,073 of 3,173

I remember being a kid in school asking what is this word, affect?
A good cup of Joe or for some a proper energy drink should clear up any other confusion.

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,074 of 3,173

No, the affect results from imagination, the effect results from the affect.
Autosuggestion rules the day, I believe.....

The effect is very effective in affecting the affections.......    
wink_face.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2,075 of 3,173
  No, the affect results from imagination, the effect results from the affect.
Autosuggestion rules the day, I believe.....

I seriously hope you're not suggesting I am imagining the difference between feeling awful and amazing. Next thing I know, people are going to tell me my entire life was imagined.
rolleyes.gif

At least wink got it right.

http://grammarist.com/usage/affect-effect/

Affect is usually a verb, and effect is usually a noun. To affect something is to change or influence it, and an effect is something that happens due to a cause. When you affect something, it produces an effect.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,076 of 3,173
I seriously hope you're not suggesting I am imagining the difference between feeling awful and amazing. Next thing I know, people are going to tell me my entire life was imagined. :rolleyes:

At least wink got it right.

My head hurts. :p
Back on the topic of coffee. I tried some Gevalia Signature Blend and it was good. It wasn't quite as good as Starbucks Winter Blend light roast, but it was pretty good. The smell when it first started brewing was heavenly, but by the end it wasn't quite as good as the Starbucks light roasts, which still have the best scent to me. I need to order some Stumptown and see how that is. I'm going to be near Pittsburgh in the near future, so I'm hoping to maybe check out the coffee and headphone scene there. Who knows, maybe I'll find something really good. :D

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,077 of 3,173
  Purrfect for home use.

..it's funny, they are actually the main coffee machine/materials/beans supplier in the city/region and they use that specific entry-level low-key machine outside their place...it probably is invisible to the flash buyers as they rush inside to plonk down for a fancy shiny TOTL Synesso for their new coffee shop.
ph34r.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #2,079 of 3,173

..it's funny, they are actually the main coffee machine/materials/beans supplier in the city/region and they use that specific entry-level low-key machine outside their place...it probably is invisible to the flash buyers as they rush inside to plonk down for a fancy shiny TOTL Synesso for their new coffee shop.
ph34r.gif

How many shots a day of espresso do I have to work my way up to before I need to get a Synesso for use at home? That much and my entire life will become imagined and Music A will tell me, "I told you so."

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #2,081 of 3,173
  How many shots a day of espresso do I have to work my way up to before I need to get a Synesso for use at home? That much and my entire life will become imagined and Music A will tell me, "I told you so."

The same dilemma that haunts the audio community. Is a pair of $X headphones and a $Y amp/DAC setup worth it if I listen to it W hours per day? It's up to the end user.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #2,082 of 3,173

The same dilemma that haunts the audio community. Is a pair of $X headphones and a $Y amp/DAC setup worth it if I listen to it W hours per day? It's up to the end user.

$X, $Y and W are all part of new audiophile math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back