Cafe Sceptico: The Objectivist Cafe
Jun 22, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #481 of 497
Jun 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #483 of 497
Ha Ha, Curra is a dummy head kunstkopf 
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #486 of 497
What about a test of the effects of medication on hearing? If you start with obecalp, is it against the rules?

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #490 of 497
Quote:

Somebody please tell me if I'm horribly wrong, but isn't it 6 dB? They're (hopefully) outputting the same signal in phase at the eardrum.

Now, as for the distortion generated by the actual products as a whole...

Should be. I'm not sure that 6dB is all that worth doubling up on everything.

Maybe each driver in the pairs has different filters. That doesn't seem very useful either, though.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #491 of 497
Would it be against head fi rules to petition for xnor to be unbanned? :/

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #492 of 497
What is it about audio forums and overzealous admins?

Jun 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #493 of 497
Quote:
What is it about audio forums and overzealous admins?

FTFY

Most forums (or at least the ones that I frequent) are generally filled with like minded people. A lot of (often the majority of) members are not interested about debating, but rather finding information that supports their world view or circlejerking their world view. It's a combination that makes a breeding ground for extremist beliefs. Usually, a set of shared beliefs emerges that no one on the forum is interested in debating, only circlejerking. When the circlejerk and extreme beliefs get out of control, to help maintain the unsustainably colored world views shared by most of the members, the higher ups of many forums will be tougher against dissenters. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #494 of 497
I don't have any of these sorts of problems at the music forums I frequent. There are jerks, but the community itself deals with it. Not a "big daddy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back