1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cafe Sceptico: The Objectivist Cafe

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by bigshot, Aug 16, 2012.
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. Currawong Contributor
    Quote:

Where?

2. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

I believe he's just being sarcastic, and playing off the fact that use of the the word "placebo" is prohibited by the posting guidelines as it is considered a "derogatory" word. And in that context, his post was hilarious.

se

3. limpidglitch
    Ha Ha, Curra is a dummy head kunstkopf [​IMG]

4. Steve Eddy
    That's fine. Just don't call him a placebo though. [​IMG]

se

5. Greenleaf7
    Quote:
    Wunderbar!

6. leogodoy
    What about a test of the effects of medication on hearing? If you start with obecalp, is it against the rules?

7. Greenleaf7
    Quote:
    Now where can i buy those audiophile grade hearing tablets?

8. Greenleaf7
  9. Cristello
  10. higbvuyb
    Quote:
    Should be. I'm not sure that 6dB is all that worth doubling up on everything.

Maybe each driver in the pairs has different filters. That doesn't seem very useful either, though.

11. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Would it be against head fi rules to petition for xnor to be unbanned? :/

12. bigshot
    What is it about audio forums and overzealous admins?

13. ThinkAwesome
    Quote:
    FTFY

Most forums (or at least the ones that I frequent) are generally filled with like minded people. A lot of (often the majority of) members are not interested about debating, but rather finding information that supports their world view or circlejerking their world view. It's a combination that makes a breeding ground for extremist beliefs. Usually, a set of shared beliefs emerges that no one on the forum is interested in debating, only circlejerking. When the circlejerk and extreme beliefs get out of control, to help maintain the unsustainably colored world views shared by most of the members, the higher ups of many forums will be tougher against dissenters. 

14. bigshot
    I don't have any of these sorts of problems at the music forums I frequent. There are jerks, but the community itself deals with it. Not a "big daddy".

15. Happy Camper
    Bannings are not discussed.

First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last