Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Jan 26, 2011 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

webegrubbin

New Head-Fier
Im looking into buying one of these amps.  If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2.  I've seen many threads about the WA6SE, and some about the HA-160D, but I havent seen a comparison between the two.    Has anybody had the opportunity to compare these two amps?  I plan to use grado SR325 or Sennheiser HD650.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 13
Wouldn't the HA-160D not need to be hooked up to the UDAC2 as it already has a DAC? o_O

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 13
Shouldn't it also depend on the headphones you use?

A friend told me that Ultrasones & Denons sound congested through a tube amp, and they need solid states.. Likewise, Audio-Technica's and Sennheisers sound better out of a tube.

I have been curious about this as well though, as I want to know the differences in sound in pairing the WA6 with the Pro900 vs the HA-160D.
For my own uses, I want the one that gives a fuller/stronger bass presence, though I fear thats the tube amp..and as said before, the pro900 (as it's an Ultrasone) supposedly sounds more congested with tubes.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on this perspective C:

May 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 13
Hi there,

I have the 160D and the Senn 650's and they work magic together.
From live jazz recordingd to hip hop - the combo takes me there and makes me grin along the journey.

A lot more PRaT and oomph from the 650's 'cos of the Burson - remember, the Burson is a better sounding DAC than the uDac too.

May 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
For HD6x0, get the Woo. Senn headphones loves tube. 

Not necessary. Sennhs do fine with Tubes or SS amps from my experience. It comes to a personal choice. 
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 13
There are quite a few posts on here from people with the Burson and HD650's that indicate to me it would be a good match. Burson's website also mentions Sennheiser. I really like the sound signature of the HD650 with my upgraded Mav D1 but I'm strongly considering the 160D to replace it in my main system because the impression I get is that it has tube-like sound qualities. I just wish it had line-in and optical like the Mav D1. No question the Woo WA6(SE) combined with a stand-alone DAC would be the bomb if you have the dough for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back