Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Sep 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,847 of 1,995
The same and more applies to a USB interface like the YellowTec PUC2!

Hmmmm...looks like a common theme!
wink_face.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,848 of 1,995
That's why I put "like the" in there. This AND MORE applies to quality USB interfaces :)

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,849 of 1,995
Someone has Conductor - new - up for $600 on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burson-Audio-CONDUCTOR-SL1793-Headphone-Amp-DAC-New-Full-Warranty-52-Off-/371153075087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566a727b8f

Looking for balanced myself or it might have already been gone 
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #1,851 of 1,995
I would like to give a shout out for The Cable Company. I have auditioned most all of my equipment from them and have always had excellent customer service. When auditioning equipment you pay a rental and shipping fee. Said rental fee is applied towards the final purchase. In this instance a new pair of HD800's for me.

Headphone rentals go toward headphones but rental of any other equipment can be applied toward the equipment of your choice; including headphones. You can rent to your hearts desire and the Cable Company will keep applying the rental fee indefinitely towards a purchase.It feel's a lot like a payment plan to me which is hard to find.  I'm sorry but it's for USA customers only.

They do carry the Burson Conductor and most all of the headphone brands. They try to place you with the headphones so you can get a couple of weekends with them. See the link below for other details (return policy, etc..) or corrections to what I have said. My disclaimer is I do not work for them nor have any association other than being a happy customer.

http://www.thecableco.com/

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #1,852 of 1,995
how the conductor could sound with the new lcd3f (110ohm)
do you think it will provide enough power?
i will try to demo lcd3f and X
i feel the 3f is much better than the X, but doesnt match properly with the conductor
(and i m not in the mood of change the amp too-right now i m enjoying the 2.2 )

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #1,853 of 1,995
  I would like to give a shout out for The Cable Company. I have auditioned most all of my equipment from them and have always had excellent customer service. When auditioning equipment you pay a rental and shipping fee. Said rental fee is applied towards the final purchase. In this instance a new pair of HD800's for me.

Headphone rentals go toward headphones but rental of any other equipment can be applied toward the equipment of your choice; including headphones. You can rent to your hearts desire and the Cable Company will keep applying the rental fee indefinitely towards a purchase.It feel's a lot like a payment plan to me which is hard to find.  I'm sorry but it's for USA customers only.

They do carry the Burson Conductor and most all of the headphone brands. They try to place you with the headphones so you can get a couple of weekends with them. See the link below for other details (return policy, etc..) or corrections to what I have said. My disclaimer is I do not work for them nor have any association other than being a happy customer.

http://www.thecableco.com/

Thats a nice initiative they have and a money saving one at that. Lucky you.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,854 of 1,995
  how the conductor could sound with the new lcd3f (110ohm)
do you think it will provide enough power?
i will try to demo lcd3f and X
i feel the 3f is much better than the X, but doesnt match properly with the conductor
(and i m not in the mood of change the amp too-right now i m enjoying the 2.2 )

To be honest I heard much more of a difference with the X compared to the 3fs and 3cs. The X seemed more clear & had slightly better imaging. While it also has stronger bass I prefer the bass of the 3f's & 3cs. There's still plenty of power for the 3f's and I think it would be better to compare the 3f's to the 3c's in which case the 3f's are better. They still have the more forgiving and creamy midrange but still come off sounding cleaner. The X's are not so forgiving with source material yet their honesty makes them sound like a better reference headphone to me. I almost bought them.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,855 of 1,995
I want to upgrade my 2.2 to a 3f or X
The amp/dac is the conductor, that I don't want to change. I use a conceroHD as usb/spdif and for play dsd
I'm worried the conductor doesn't provide enough power for the 3f, but I guess is perfect for the X
I will demo both and choose the one I like not with my amp/dac

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #1,856 of 1,995
The Conductor works great with the 3F as well, don't worry :)

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #1,857 of 1,995
Just to share the info that my new Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H with stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat recognizes my Burson Conductor with Tenor TE8802 USB board, so I can use S5 as transport.
Before I had the Galaxy S3, that didn't recognize Conductor.
Using the SGS5 as transport the sound is pretty good, by I still prefer Foobar2000, which I find a bit clearer sound.
By the way, SGS5 SM-G900H vs SGS3 i9300 direct output to headphones, the winner by far is the SGS5, by now the best sounding cellphone that I heard.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #1,858 of 1,995
^ Also works with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 but I get a random dropout once every couple of songs which is a bummer.

Got a $5 toslink cable just to try out via motherboard optical out, have been using it the last 3 months or so, just switched back to USB to compare again. I get a nice improvement in sound with my LCD3F with the toslink, even more silky smooth. I hear more extended treble, more smooth treble, cymbals sound very nice, more open airy sound. Plus there is no need for the Tenor driver anymore in Win8.1 so its a win-win.

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #1,859 of 1,995
A few days ago a friend lend me a CM6631A board and I could try it on my Conductor for a moment. Playing FLAC files the difference with Tenor board was very subtle, but playing DSD files what a great difference! night and day, smoother, more open, sweeter, engaging. Great value! Now I'm waiting mine. I can't imagine how better it would sound if it had native DSD without need to make a conversion to PCM.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #1,860 of 1,995
Actually the Sabre ESS9018 in the Conductor is DSD capable, they just need to implement it, similar to what Audio-GD did recently.
Should be easy.. maybe they will have an updated DAC board soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back